Obtaining a visa exempt entry at Chiang Khong

nivram4491

I plan to travel by car from Chiang Mai to Chiang Khong to get a 30 day visa exempt entry as I need to stay in Thailand 2 weeks past my visa expiry date.

Has anyone done this lately? What do I do once I reach Chiang Khong by car? Are there any requirements I should know about?

Can you not just get a 30 day extension at the immigration. Even closer is Mai Sae which I believe gives out 15 day ones.

Mae Sai is not allowing a crossing unless a person has a valid visa for re-entry.

He is from a G7 country that allows a 30 day entry.

Yes, I did this last month

Thanks. It seems to be quite difficult to get detailed information about this border run.

Did you drive your own car? If so is the parking at the border secure?

After passing through Laos customs did you immediately turn around and head back into Thailand like is commonly done at Mae Sai? Any requirements for an outward bound ticket or cash reserves?

Thanks. It seems to be quite difficult to get detailed information about this border run.

After passing through Laos customs did you immediately turn around and head back into Thailand like is commonly done at Mae Sai? Any requirements for an outward bound ticket or cash reserves?

Its a big border crossing in the middle of nowhere surrounded by fields and there was very few people crossing , when I was there .

There is lots of parking space , although I went by bus .

I came straight back into Thailand and I didnt have to show anything

Its a big border crossing in the middle of nowhere surrounded by fields and there was very few people crossing , when I was there .

Thanks for that information. It helps a lot. I'll drive to the border with my car.

So this is my plan.

Park my car in the parking lot at the border. It looks OK on Google.

Go through Thai customs to exit.

Take the bus to the Laos customs and get my Laos visa.

Exit out of Laos

Then take the bus back to the Thai entry customs and get a 30 day visa exempt. (In Chiang Mai Immigration they call it a tourist visa!)

Thanks for that information. It helps a lot. I'll drive to the border with my car.

So this is my plan.

Park my car in the parking lot at the border. It looks OK on Google.

Go through Thai customs to exit.

Take the bus to the Laos customs and get my Laos visa.

Exit out of Laos

Then take the bus back to the Thai entry customs and get a 30 day visa exempt. (In Chiang Mai Immigration they call it a tourist visa!)

Do they have a bridge now?

The last time I go I have to take a boat to cross over.

I think there're charges to pay at Laos immigration and should avoid certain timing.

it's on the wall at the checkpoint of Laos.

No one will man the counter/s during lunch break and the boarder don't open 24hrs.

Can post update after you're done?

Thanks.

Can you not just get a 30 day extension at the immigration. Even closer is Mai Sae which I believe gives out 15 day ones.

false information again,Wish you would check your facts before posting only confuses every one,and takes up moderaters time refuting your post, Though they must be use to it by now.

Archived