Can anyone explain to me new BTS Purple Line?

thaichalina

I know many foreigners dont live in this part (Nontahburi).So basically new BTS purple line will open next month (citizens will be able to use it next month while full opening will be in August).The station is about 5 min for my apartment which is great.They've already put TV's,ticket vendors etc. so it's basically ready for openning.

My question is why purple line last station Tao Poon doesn't connect with BTS Mochit or MRT Bang Sue?? The last station of purpe line is Tao Poon which is about 1-2km from MRT Bang Sue.Now i know they're building MRT blue extension line from Bang Sue to Tao Poon but that isn't finished yet right? And how the hell can i go from BTS Tao Poon to Mochit/Bang Sue,by taxi/van/motorcycle again? I don't get it why are they make it so complicated..

It's like a train (mass transit system) that takes you from where you are now to where you want to go, and the colour of the line is purple. To benefit from it, you must first buy a ticket and then you enter the train where you are now, wait until the train stops at where you want to be, and then get off the train. It's easy really when you get the hang of it. Good luck.

Edited by Thainess

It's like a train (mass transit system) that takes you from where you are now to where you want to go, and the colour of the line is purple. To benefit from it, you must first buy a ticket and then you enter the train where you are now, wait until the train stops at where you want to be, and then get off the train. It's easy really when you get the hang of it. Good luck.

It would be funny if i actually didn't ask any question but since i've asked a proper question your try-to-be-funny reply is just a waste of time and very much a bad joke attempt

It is not BTS, it belongs to MRTA and will be operated by BEM (formerly BMCL) the same company that operates the Blue Line (MRT).

It will open in August for revenue service, there may be a free period during the latter part of trial running in July. The public won't be allowed anywhere near it until safety certification is issued, certainly not next month.

The link between Tao Poon and Bang Sue should open early next year, until then there may be a shuttle bus service (not yet defined).

Tickets will be common between Purple and Blue, once the link to Bang Sue is operational you will be able to transfer at Tao Poon without exiting the system, just walk down / up to the other platform and get on a train.

Anything else you need to know?

Between Tao Poon and Mochit you have to take the subway.....It seemed too hard for them to connect the bts to Mochit. This is Thailand.......

My guess is that they will build the purple line to Mochit the coming years after they got many complaints from their passengers.

The whole area between Mochit and Bang sue is under massive construction now so why not build the connecting bts between those stations as well?

They always change newly built things so it won't surprise me.

Think I remember going back a few years [2011?] they had problems buying the land, so the connection between the stations will be late by a year or 3.. still if lots of people use this line and not there cars, then the roads will be freer

My understanding is that Bang Sue will be sorted fully once the SRT Dark Red line opens in a couple of years. The SRT project has a new station for all SRT trains as part of the development. The ARL extension is suppose to run from Priya Thai to Bang Sue.

The Dark Red Line has a station outside DMK for access to the airport.

The BTS extension which has just stated construction goes out to the Saipan Mai/Air Force side of DMK. Due date approximately 4 years.

There is a track running from Tao Poon to the Mrt, maybe a service line ,but not sure why they aren't using it.

Thai logic baffles again

Nothing baffling at all, it's not finished and won't be until early next year. Yes it is late.

They should extend the system to link BTS (and the other systems) to DM airport. Maybe they will but never seen anything indicating this

Next time you go to DMK look left, you will see the Red Line station under construction, opening scheduled for 2020. This station will also serve the ARL extension when / if that gets going.

My guess is that they will build the purple line to Mochit the coming years after they got many complaints from their passengers.

Purple will never go to Mo Chit. Phase 2 will go south from Tao Poon, have a look at the map below for an idea where Blue and Purple extensions will go.

post-14979-0-19103700-1457581157_thumb.j

"My question is why purple line last station Tao Poon doesn't connect with BTS Mochit or MRT Bang Sue?"

From my internal sources: The reason is that someone wanted to make sure that one operator cannot operate both lines (as this allows for potentially more incentives to be paid during the bidding process). However, the owner of CH. Karnchang, the main contractor, recognized the problem and he is constructing the extension to meet with the MRT at Bang Sue at his own expense. He hopes to eventually get paid for this.

Purple will never go to Mo Chit. Phase 2 will go south from Tao Poon, have a look at the map below for an idea where Blue and Purple extensions will go.

attachicon.gifcontent_MRT Purple and Blue Lines.jpg

It would be nice if i could zoom on this map, it has english streetnames and i can't find a proper map of this area in english. I'm driving there for years now but still get lost sometimes.

I thought that we need to change from purple to metro to bts-morchit to go to Siam....that existing blue line i have never seen so far.

At Viphawadee Rangsit road there's massive construction for the bts, i guess that line will go to Don Muang.

attachicon.gifcontent_MRT Purple and Blue Lines.jpg

It would be nice if i could zoom on this map, it has english streetnames and i can't find a proper map of this area in english. I'm driving there for years now but still get lost sometimes.

I thought that we need to change from purple to metro to bts-morchit to go to Siam....that existing blue line i have never seen so far.

At Viphawadee Rangsit road there's massive construction for the bts, i guess that line will go to Don Muang.

The metro IS the Blue Line, so yes to get to Siam it's Purple, metro (Blue), BTS.

What you see at Don Mueang is the Red Line belonging to SRT, it is not BTS, you'll be able to connect to it at Bang Sue.

There is a track running from Tao Poon to the Mrt, maybe a service line ,but not sure why they aren't using it.

Thai logic baffles again

Nothing baffling at all, it's not finished and won't be until early next year. Yes it is late.

Sure looks like it's finished to me.

Even the map states it's an existing connection

Thai logic baffles again

If you say so.

Of course you can't SEE the communications, signalling, power supply, PSD and SCADA interfaces etc. etc. Not to mention the testing, trial running and safety certification.

Trust me, it's a good year away.

The map shows it as part of the Purple Line project, which it is, Contract 5 in fact.

II will say it again. This is Thailand.

Thanks for the timely reminder. I thought it was Cloud Cuckoo Land!

Several times a day I agree with you :(

The PL is definitely a fun project, unlike anything I've worked on outside Thailand.

Flame removed.

Please take time to read the forum rules, here;- http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

Phase 2 will go south from Tao Poon

Was there not also an extension planed Northwards to Bang Bua Tong or even into Pathum Thani province?

There's certainly that possibility. AFAIK there are no short/medium term plans for a northern extension, but that area is booming so a short run to Bang Bua Thong may be on the cards.

I'm not convinced that the southern end will extend either, looking off the end of the alignment you see only densely packed buildings, no road to run up. There will be a lot of miffed home-owners.

The Blue Line extension west of Tao Poon is well under way, no systems contracts awarded yet so expect operation in 2019/20 or thereabouts.

once the purple line opens it will be interesting how many buses are there to go to the end to Bang Suea

if there are only a few it will be a big mess going both directions ,

Anyone who lives near there know if its a wide road the buses will need to take or just a single lane each way ?

Thai logic baffles again

If you say so.

Of course you can't SEE the communications, signalling, power supply, PSD and SCADA interfaces etc. etc. Not to mention the testing, trial running and safety certification.

Trust me, it's a good year away.

The map shows it as part of the Purple Line project, which it is, Contract 5 in fact.

I remember when the BTS built the On Nut-Bearing extension, it sat unused for close to two years while they sorted control and switching devices. As I recall, it was discovered that some key components hadn't even been ordered.