15-year-old Indian girl dies after being raped, set on fire

webfact

15-year-old Indian girl dies after being raped, set on fire

NEW DELHI (AP) — A 15-year-old girl who was raped and set on fire this week died Wednesday in the New Delhi hospital where she had been undergoing treatment for severe burns, police said.

Police have arrested a 20-year-old man and charged him with raping and burning the girl to death Monday in a village outside of New Delhi, one of several recently reported cases of rapes of women or children in India.

Following the attack, the girl was taken to the hospital with burns over 95 percent of her body. She succumbed to her burns early Wednesday, said Uttar Pradesh state police constable Yadram Singh.

The girl's family said the man had been stalking her for several months. Her father had filed a police complaint against the man and police had issued a warning to him last year.

The man was charged Tuesday with several offenses, including rape and attempted murder. The attempted murder charge will be changed to murder now that the girl had died, Singh said.

The recent reports of rapes of women or children in India highlight the persistence of such violence despite a public outcry three years ago that led to stronger laws against sexual assault following the fatal gang rape of a young woman aboard a New Delhi bus.

aplogo.jpg
-- (c) Associated Press 2016-03-09

Stories like these are becoming more and more common place.

Maybe it's about time for the international community to rise up and demand an equal punishment system for violent offenders, an eye, for an eye, so to speak.

Although no doubt some will say; ‘But it’s just not civilised to respond to violence with more violence.’

And to them I would say; ‘Well, we’re no longer living in a civilised world.’

Rest in peace little one, you’re in a far, far better place now…

I don't frequent the bars but I hear stories about how the bargirls are not very fond of Indian customers. Maybe they read these type of stories as well.

Thought it was because of 'finishing' too quick, but they still get their baht and small dix?

An eye for an eye if I were her father. Only difference would be that it would take me 15 days to finish him (the rapist murderer) off - one day of unimaginable pain per year of age of my dead daughter. I'd do eight hour shifts with an hour of rest in between... My garage is well equipped and my dogs would take proper care of the leftovers.

RIP, poor little girl. Hope you are with the angels in a better place right now.

An eye for an eye if I were her father. Only difference would be that it would take me 15 days to finish him (the rapist murderer) off - one day of unimaginable pain per year of age of my dead daughter. I'd do eight hour shifts with an hour of rest in between... My garage is well equipped and my dogs would take proper care of the leftovers.

RIP, poor little girl. Hope you are with the angels in a better place right now.

From the contents of yur reply you must have suffered something awful. I'm very sorry you have had such an experience.

There was a case last year where a girl got raped in a bus and badly assaulted in the indian capital….she later died in singapore….one of the guys who took part was a minor…he has been quietly released into the general population after being given a new identity.

This is how they treat justice. Shame.

Literally makes me sick to my stomach to read about the general abuse of women in India...and especially this specific case...

These is no punishment that will equal what this dog Indian has done to this family...

The police should let him go...so the community can deal with this scum bag...

India is a tough place to grow up as a woman...

Maybe it's about time for the international community to rise up and demand an equal punishment system for violent offenders, an eye, for an eye, so to speak.

Although no doubt some will say; But its just not civilised to respond to violence with more violence.

And to them I would say; Well, were no longer living in a civilised world.

Rest in peace little one, youre in a far, far better place now

Wonderful sentiment.... All you need is a workable plan.

One better than that of the UN, WHO... And all the other organizations monitoring abuses around the world, because those aren't doing much good, and that includes addressing the regular rapes committed by UN peace keeping forces

Good luck with that, because no one....nothing.... deserves to have this type of thing visited upon them.

RIP, young lady... And also to those others suffering, but not sensational enough to "warrant" reporting.

India - Pakistan - the Middle East countries - or Islamic countries in general have one main problem. This is inequality of its citizen. Woman are like a different race, or subhumans. No law protects them because of the religion they were born to. How sad.

80% of the Indian population, or around a billion of the 1.270 billion population, is Hindu. That's nearly twice the total population of the Middle East plus Pakistan. This has little or nothing to do with religion, but with a lack of respect for the opposite sex. You don't need to do much digging to find some pretty terrible stories from Buddhist countries like Thailand too.

Literally makes me sick to my stomach to read about the general abuse of women in India...and especially this specific case...

These is no punishment that will equal what this dog Indian has done to this family...

But India is often touted as the next global superpower...supplanting both the US and China.

I have a friend who works with people in India to try to overcome the this cultural abomination . Reports that actually make international news are a fraction of the problem. And the scope of the horrors are sickening!

And the prolific numbers who emmigrate surely do not leave their attitude behind in India !

But India is often touted as the next global superpower...supplanting both the US and China.

A high morale standard never was a requirement to become a superpower. Just look at the US and China.

From the contents of yur reply you must have suffered something awful. I'm very sorry you have had such an experience.

Reading your comment I feel very sorry for you too... sick.gif

India - Pakistan - the Middle East countries - or Islamic countries in general have one main problem. This is inequality of its citizen. Woman are like a different race, or subhumans. No law protects them because of the religion they were born to. How sad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_tr_k59O6s

Miss this guy so much/// Really wish he was still with us !

Indians rape Ladyboys here in Thai too, so don't castrate them too much. I've heard lots of ladyboys just start screaming and cursing at random groups of Indian men.. They probably have flashbacks of a romantic evening, walking into a room with their furry dark lover, expectations of a passionate evening, and then BAAM!! Gang raped...Now that's a story with a "happy ending"

Most of the world's major religions are either anti-woman or feature major internal sects who do hate women. In turn, these internal sects are tolerated to some degree because they share a basic religious philosophy with their cowardly more moderate co-adherents. . The mysoginist poison is hugely supported and tolerated by religion generally and yes it does include branches or sectors of EVERY major religion, including Christianity.

All the major religions worship from holy books which spout mysoginist filth, family murder and genocidal rants. Oh yes and say "Join us and you will become a chosen one and live forever in some form or other."

Practical thing would be to cut aid for each occurrence? Would 10M USD deduction per offence cause the authorities to wake up?

BTW, although India is overwhelmingly Hindu, there are actually more Muslims there than in Pakistan

Hope the sick <deleted> burns for eternity in hell.

RIP poor child.

There is no hell...there are no gods...no divine justice. He should just be burned alive NOW. That would be real justice for this degenerate piece of crap. post-4641-1156693976.gif

Although no doubt some will say; ‘But it’s just not civilised to respond to violence with more violence.’

And to them I would say; ‘Well, we’re no longer living in a civilised world.’

Rest in peace little one, you’re in a far, far better place now…

While I have a lot of support for your idea the reality is it is moving the process along.

I have this image of Indians as being non-violent yet having such a poor attitude to violence against women in the male half.

What a monster... I could strike the match myself.