Lost Passport And Need To Get A New One Before My Visa Expires

i just arrived at suvarnphumb airport yday on a 30 day visa on arrival. i plan to extend it at chang watthana immigraton. how long will they give me? im from the uk so how long will it take and how would i get the stamp transferred into new passport?

confused

Just(!) arrived, got a 30 day visa exempt (not visa on arrival).

Then lost passport with this stamp?

Do you already have a new passport?

The 30 day visa exempt can be extended once for 30 days, cost 1900 (that's the only statement that I can give for sure).

Edited by KhunBENQ

An emergency travel document from the Embassy is likely the only option given your short stay.

British passports can be renewed at the office in the Trendy building, Soi 13, Sukhumvit Road but I believe there is a long waiting list to get an appointment. Once applied for the passport takes several weeks to be processed.

Edited by elviajero

An emergency travel document from the Embassy is likely the only option given your short stay.

British passports can be renewed at the office in the Trendy building, Soi 13, Sukhumvit Road but I believe there is a long waiting list to get an appointment. Once applied for the passport takes several weeks to be processed.

Renewing a passport results in the new passport being issued in 3-4 weeks.

In the case of a "lost" passport there will be a significant delay.

The only option for the OP IMHO is to apply for an Emergency Travel Document which will be issued by the Embassy.

The only option for the OP IMHO is to apply for an Emergency Travel Document which will be issued by the Embassy.

I completely agree with you.

Sound strange just inform at the lost and found at the airport.

you never know, have seen miracles before.

also recheck everything you had and unpack all. wonders happen

the rest is told already

report at the Police if got back too but be sure report it is lost

the Embassy of your country.

make copy of all document provided of the lost document and the police report for future references.

be sure you report missing or (probably) stolen.

essential the (probably stolen as well missing in case they have video evidence that it dropped for what ever reason out of your pocket...

Edited by Autonuaq

Ok well i was on overstay pretty big one. kuala lumpar wudnt issue me a setv as they give me a list of documents i needed to provide which i couldnt so i flew to suvaphumbi and was given a 30 day visa, sorry if i was confusin people. whats difference between a visa exempt and visa on arrival?

Sound strange just inform at the lost and found at the airport.

you never know, have seen miracles before.

also recheck everything you had and unpack all. wonders happen

the rest is told already

report at the Police if got back too but be sure report it is lost

the Embassy of your country.

make copy of all document provided of the lost document and the police report for future references.

be sure you report missing or (probably) stolen.

essential the (probably stolen as well missing in case they have video evidence that it dropped for what ever reason out of your pocket...

"be sure you report missing or (probably) stolen.

essential the (probably stolen as well missing in case they have video evidence that it dropped for what ever reason out of your pocket..."

Why was it probably stolen?

Unless the passport was lost, found and turned in at the airport, any video of it falling out of his pocket (for whatever reason) would be pretty pointless.

i just arrived at suvarnphumb airport yday on a 30 day visa on arrival. i plan to extend it at chang watthana immigraton. how long will they give me? im from the uk so how long will it take and how would i get the stamp transferred into new passport?

You got a visa exempt entry, not a visa on arrival. You'll need to get a police report and get an emergency travel document from the embassy and then go to immigrations. They'll have a record of your visa exempt entry and the details.

You'll be eligible for a 30 day extension of your 30 day permission to stay, but you'll need to have completed the steps above first.

Edited by Suradit69

Ok well i was on overstay pretty big one. kuala lumpar wudnt issue me a setv as they give me a list of documents i needed to provide which i couldnt so i flew to suvaphumbi and was given a 30 day visa, sorry if i was confusin people. whats difference between a visa exempt and visa on arrival?

• Some nationals are allowed to enter Thailand under the Tourist Visa Exempt Scheme. Like you they are granted a 30 day permit to stay when arriving at the airport.
  • Some other nationals can't use visa exempt entry and have to apply for a visa on arrival at the airport. It costs 1,000 baht and they are given a 15 day stay.

http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/doc/services.pdf

Edited by elviajero

I agree about the ETD but a little confused about the Trendy building (other than it's where I have to go to sort Mrs BM's visas). According to the British embassy's website they cannot help with passports, only ETD's. I know enough to know that my knowledge is tiny compared with either of yours, also that my little knowledge could be a dangerous thing, but am interested in learning. Have the passport office outsourced here or do they have an outpost here?

post-234944-0-56872700-1457616640_thumb.

I agree about the ETD but a little confused about the Trendy building (other than it's where I have to go to sort Mrs BM's visas). According to the British embassy's website they cannot help with passports, only ETD's. I know enough to know that my knowledge is tiny compared with either of yours, also that my little knowledge could be a dangerous thing, but am interested in learning. Have the passport office outsourced here or do they have an outpost here?

Try this link !

https://www.gov.uk/overseas-passports

The Trendy building is indeed the place where applications for UK passports are made,

Things changed back in 2014 https://www.gov.uk/government/world-location-news/changes-to-british-passport-services-in-thailand--2

The UK Visa Application Centre is in the Trendy building. https://www.gov.uk/overseas-passports/y/thailand/replacing/adult

Try this link !

The Trendy building is indeed the place where applications for UK passports are made,

Thanks, they don't like to make things easy at Gov, they could simply have put that on the embassy site. I only spotted the bit about them not doing passports a few minutes ago when I was researching Mrs BM's visitor visa application.

Try this link !

Thanks, they don't like to make things easy at Gov, they could simply have put that on the embassy site. I only spotted the bit about them not doing passports a few minutes ago when I was researching Mrs BM's visitor visa application.

The link is directly accessable from the site you were looking at !