Minivans to be banned from Long Distance Travel?

Is this so more people can be killed in a bigger vehicle and maintainThailand as the most likely place to be killed while traveling on a bus. How about vehicle and licence checks. Educate drivers. But I expect you cannot put brains where there are none.

This is difficult to apply to Thailand but there is a lot of evidence to suggest that travel by bus in in general safer than by car........the problem is that when a bus crashes, the numbers of dead ad injured ae inevitably greater......but totals per 100,000 suggest otherwise. Of course this doesn't mean that buses should be exempt from safet regulation.

Won't bother me if they do - I wouldn't ride in one if you paid me.

Yes because your "thaified logic" dictates that if you aren't riding one you can't actually die from one hitting your own car or bike... riiiiiight?

Actually, I do most of my long distance travel by train or plane.

I know the minivan drivers are bad, but that would be one hell of an accident if they hit either of those.

So you walk from the airport or train station to your hotel?

Won't bother me if they do - I wouldn't ride in one if you paid me.

Yes because your "thaified logic" dictates that if you aren't riding one you can't actually die from one hitting your own car or bike... riiiiiight?

I know the minivan drivers are bad, but that would be one hell of an accident if they hit either of those.

If the journey from the airport or station to your hotel counts as 'long distance travel', I'd suggest you're not choosing your hotels very wisely.

If the journey from the airport or station to your hotel counts as 'long distance travel', I'd suggest you're not choosing your hotels very wisely.

So you do walk from the airport/train station to your hotel? Because if not, do you take a helicopter or something else so you avoid the road... you know... where the minivans drive?

So you do walk from the airport/train station to your hotel? Because if not, do you take a helicopter or something else so you avoid the road... you know... where the minivans drive?

I think you've rather missed the point here.

Take a look at the OP.

Archived