Rainmaking efforts continue in Isaan, Central Plains

webfact

Rainmaking efforts continue in Northeast, Central Plains

ra.jpg

BANGKOK, 11 March 2016 (NNT) – Cloud seeding operations are being performed continuously across the country in a bid to replenish reservoirs, particularly in the northeastern and central regions.

Mr Lersak Rewtarkulpaiboon, Director-General of the Department of Royal Rainmaking and Agricultural Aviation, reported progress of the department’s rainmaking mission, saying cloud seeding flights have already been conducted nationwide.

He said an emphasis has been placed on the Northeast, where the drought situation is critical. The flights recently made in the region have successfully produced rainfall, replenishing Ubonrat Dam in Khon Kaen and Lam Takhong Dam in Nakhon Ratchasima.

Mr Lersak also indicated satisfactory results from the operations around Pa Sak Jolasid Dam in the Central Plains and in other areas in the western zone, including Prachuap Khiri Khan province.

In cooperation with the Royal Irrigation Department, the Director-General affirmed that the Department of Royal Rainmaking and Agricultural Aviation will continue to monitor the water situation closely and make sure that water management throughout the dry season will go according to plans.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2016-03-11 footer_n.gif

"The flights recently made in the region have successfully produced rainfall, replenishing Ubonrat Dam in Khon Kaen and Lam Takhong Dam in Nakhon Ratchasima"

The effectiveness of cloud seeding in producing rain at ground level remains highly controversial, and of course it cannot work without clouds. Here in Khon Kaen where I live there has been no rain for a long time, and the skies have been generally cloudless. Furthermore, the water in the Ubonrat reservoir remains at an unusually low level for this time of the year (26% of normal), continues to decline and shows no evidence of any recent improvement. These are the latest data (as at 10 March, 2016):
http://www.kromchol.com/DailyUDQ/GIS/DamGraph/DGraph.asp?p1=10

Well since I'm one quarter native American I would offer my services in the rain making area for a fee double the rate I charge in US Oh yes It works sometimes to well. Once in the middle of the Yuma desert middle of July I did the dance 2 hours later we had flash flood.