AirAsia has canceled a flight

ezzra

AirAsia has canceled a one leg of two flight trip, sent you an email saying so and that's it,

they rerouted the passenger to another city with out compensations or consideration of the

burden and cost to get to the target city, will fly you there and you worry how to get to your

final destination from there they said in an email... nice....

So a refund for was filled, and once you click on the 'send button, there is acknowledgment

whether it was sent or not, just a blank screen, later they will say, we didn't get it,

So is the LLC carriers, with millions of passengers, you, the lowly passenger, don't count anymore.....

I had an AA flight from KL to Manila canceled about one week ahead last October. I was informed by email and offered several options. One of them was a refund. I chose that but couldn't arrange that online so I had to call AA in Bangkok. The planned refund was confirmed by email and came through about 3-4 weeks later, credited to the VISA card I used when purchasing the ticket. Not especially easy but the option was there and it worked. Obviously, it made no difference to booked connecting flights, non-refundable hotel bookings, etc. That has to be covered by separate insurance.

There is strategy you can deploy when an airline cancels a flight. It works better with a full service airline BA, TG , KLM etc rather than air Asia. It won't work for everybody but for some people such as single travellers it's worth a go.

The airline emails you or sms's that your flight is cancelled. They give you the options that suit them, least costly to the airline. Ignore these and go to the airport to check-in as if the flight was still running. Go to the desk and say where is flight 1234 to wherever? Act like you don't know it was cancelled. Show them the print out you made when you booked it. Airline says it was cancelled, emails sent etc. You I didn't get any email? Nobody called me? Etc. You say I need to be in "wherever" for a important meeting, wedding, cruise, joining your children blah blah blah. What are they going to do about? You say they need to put you an alternative flight. They can do this and it will solve the problem you represent standing at the ticket desk plus they the airline have cancelled the flight, it's not your fault , they can't blame you. 10 mins later you have been "rerouted"on an alternative airline to your original destination or they give you a hotel room and then the alternative flight the next morning.

This costs the airline some money but the airline are only doing if for you so it's small change really and solves the problem that is standing in front of them. The other 200 passengers might not be happy but have accepted the least costly options offered by the airline in the email. Hopefully you get to your destination at time not much different to what you booked.

There is strategy you can deploy when an airline cancels a flight. It works better with a full service airline BA, TG , KLM etc rather than air Asia. It won't work for everybody but for some people such as single travellers it's worth a go.

The airline emails you or sms's that your flight is cancelled. They give you the options that suit them, least costly to the airline. Ignore these and go to the airport to check-in as if the flight was still running. Go to the desk and say where is flight 1234 to wherever? Act like you don't know it was cancelled. Show them the print out you made when you booked it. Airline says it was cancelled, emails sent etc. You I didn't get any email? Nobody called me? Etc. You say I need to be in "wherever" for a important meeting, wedding, cruise, joining your children blah blah blah. What are they going to do about? You say they need to put you an alternative flight. They can do this and it will solve the problem you represent standing at the ticket desk plus they the airline have cancelled the flight, it's not your fault , they can't blame you. 10 mins later you have been "rerouted"on an alternative airline to your original destination or they give you a hotel room and then the alternative flight the next morning.

This costs the airline some money but the airline are only doing if for you so it's small change really and solves the problem that is standing in front of them. The other 200 passengers might not be happy but have accepted the least costly options offered by the airline in the email. Hopefully you get to your destination at time not much different to what you booked.

This is good advice and it works. Well, it worked for me last month with Air China. Only hitch was that I missed my connection with a different carrier to my final destination. However, I purchased a rebookable ticket so cost me nothing (only time) and AC got me on an alternative airline, put me up in Beijing and I got bumped up a class on the next flight. Did not expect the hotel or bump. But I was patient and polite and the AC staff in Beijing tried their best to sort me out at 3:00 am.