Thai wife has major issues to cope with hot weather

Phatbeets

She is in her late thirties and she we has been living here since 7 years.

Far from menopause I hope!

Cosign this post - not the mosquito part but the ped ped part.

A little off topic but. Does your wife suffer when she returns to Thailand with her stomach to. My Thai wife lives with me in the UK. She has lived there for about 10 years. When she returns to Thailand she dives straight in and starts to eat all the local Thai food . I have told her many times she cannot eat the same as when she lived in Thailand , for a few weeks. but it does not sink in. So we have a week of sprinting to the toilet every time along with stomach pains. Also she cannot understand why she gets eaten by mosquitoes. She never did before. So I know where one of the previous poster is coming from about the body adapting to the different climate. But she likes the snow.

She wants to eat all kind of stuff so bad but she admits that she cant deal with this amount of chilli no more + Kitek haha thumbsup.gif

I am well acclimatized to heat but do not complain when I return to sub-zero temperatures in my home country

Sorry but if the Lady is Thai then she should be able to cope without having "tantrums" about heat.

Ignore the "tantrums" and enjoy your stay.

tantrums only mean she did not want to go on the trip in the first place .

There used to be a theory in political science called the "J-curve" hypothesis. Revolutions don't happen when things are bad, getting worse, or constantly awful. They happen when things get a little bit better and then there's a danger that they're going to get worse again. So you can tolerate heat as long as it's background "noise", but take the screw off and then re-apply it and you've got problems.

It be interested to know whether people get fatter in the west. The more insulation you're carrying the harder it is to ditch the heat, particularly when the humidity's through the roof and so you can't effectively sweat, and so radiation is the only way to lose heat into the environment. Gain eight pounds of lard on Lidl sausages and tiramisu and then see how much that helps in a tropical environment. smile.png

Thx and thats what is really strange to me. Unfortunately it seems like her tolerance is less every year. idgi mellow.png

I believe a lot of Thais dont act in rational way when they feel something is mai sabai mak.

I'm just going to be like guitar.gif

maybe she doesn't want to travel and uses the heat as an excuse

How long has she lived in Germany? If it is a number of years her body will be adjusted to cold then medium heat. Going back to Thailand which is generally a lot hotter than Germany her body will not be acclimatized to the change and she will feel bad with it. Also of course you have to remember that the variation in Thailand is not as significant as in Europe which will also have an effect. I would say temperature affects people in different ways and of course the humidity will have a big effect.

Yeah, and I knew a Vietnamese girl who went to college in Canada. She was gone for four years. When she came back to Saigon she couldn't stand the heat and she forgot how to speak Vietnamese--something akin to the feces of a male cow.

Your body adapts to the conditions but it takes time to adapt. I have spent most of my working life in temperatures of 35+ so the temperatures in Thailand dont really bother me but had I remained in the UK and come for a holiday it would probably have crushed me

How long has she lived in Germany? If it is a number of years her body will be adjusted to cold then medium heat. Going back to Thailand which is generally a lot hotter than Germany her body will not be acclimatized to the change and she will feel bad with it. Also of course you have to remember that the variation in Thailand is not as significant as in Europe which will also have an effect. I would say temperature affects people in different ways and of course the humidity will have a big effect.

Yeah, and I knew a Vietnamese girl who went to college in Canada. She was gone for four years. When she came back to Saigon she couldn't stand the heat and she forgot how to speak Vietnamese--something akin to the feces of a male cow.

Your body adapts to the conditions but it takes time to adapt. I have spent most of my working life in temperatures of 35+ so the temperatures in Thailand dont really bother me but had I remained in the UK and come for a holiday it would probably have crushed me

Well, that may be a personal problem. I too have spent most of my life in the heat, but I have worked in places like Thule Greenland, Minot North Dakota and Adak Alaska; places where you have to keep your car plugged in or the oil freezes, yet I managed. And, you have to remember, this woman is Thai.

My Thai wife never usually complains about the heat, but this year, like me, she has found it almost unbearably hot - we have been here for 18 years and never felt as hot as this.

I remember the cool season always used to be 26c-28c daytime.

Now you are lucky to get 1 or 2 days at that temp.

32c-34c is the norm

Come up North East Udon Thani province, I had some days 13 C. at 1 PM in my half open kitchen. Was cold ,to much! wink.png

Same problem here. Put AC in the house, have AC in the car. Not good enough. Now No six month visa either.

"have to travel first class and host a $10,000 charity in the village."

That helps against -heat problems- ? tongue.png

Same problem here. Put AC in the house, have AC in the car. Not good enough. Now No six month visa either.

yeah they burn the money to keep warmlaugh.png

This week Pattaya is much better to do than BKK, just 2-3 degree's celcius and a breeze makes a lot of difference.

But this is not the best time of year to visit Thailand, i prefer the rainy season with it's clouds and rain.

My Thai friend from USA was here and even he got sick from something (probably the beer i guess).

In this heat almost none Thai lady likes to be outside in daytime. They have all kinds of excuses, also they don't like swimmingpools.facepalm.gif

They are all a bunch of spoiled baby's.

yeah they burn the money to keep warmlaugh.png

LOL,

I thought that thread is about, how to keep cool, when the weather is hot. ;-)

Possibly, seeing the money burn, it lets a person freeze and therefore getting cooler - can help against hot temperatures, but is expensive solution. rolleyes.gif

Well i think she will suffer this year,for the last week here in Petchabun,the temps have been between 38c and 41c,i noted that the Thai govt met site who are usually a little conservative with their forecast temps,have most of the rest of this week at 39c to 40c,and we only mid march,usually the hottest weather comes mid April,last year we still had temps of 40c+ into June,this feb has broken records as the warmest globally by a huge amount. Here in Wichianburi,[Petchabun province] the rainfall has been0.1 mm,since January. To think that some people still think climate change is crap! I am afraid that these temps will now become the norm,making,March through to the end of June unbearable in most areas away from the coast,i think the region is in for a much hotter drier climate,i would think in a few hundred years,it will more resemble say semi arid parts of India or Africa,certainly if it continues like this rice farming will become impossible,in the region here no second crop was grown this year,not due to govt edicts ,but simply no water.

A little off topic but. Does your wife suffer when she returns to Thailand with her stomach to. My Thai wife lives with me in the UK. She has lived there for about 10 years. When she returns to Thailand she dives straight in and starts to eat all the local Thai food . I have told her many times she cannot eat the same as when she lived in Thailand , for a few weeks. but it does not sink in. So we have a week of sprinting to the toilet every time along with stomach pains. Also she cannot understand why she gets eaten by mosquitoes. She never did before. So I know where one of the previous poster is coming from about the body adapting to the different climate. But she likes the snow.

Most Thais I know that lived in NZ and were friends off my Thai wife love the cooler climate, not sticky they say.

Most of them I asked," you want to go back and live in Thailand say, No to hot, but maybe one day".

But one day never comes ,just visiting back home once in a while, any assets they have seem to evaporate with the heat into someone else's name.

My wife seems quite happy in the heat as now living back here, however my power bill suffers from the heat.

Me I suffer when it's real hot , I find the beachs here in Hua Hin quite nice for cool breeze and a swim very nice .

When I came down here many many years ago, I loved the hot weather, however, the more I have "gotten used" to the hot weather down here, I begin to actually dislike it a lot. I try to avoid it as much as possible, and stay inside as much as possible, and love every minute of cold weather when going back home for a few weeks per year.

Another thing is, most Thais hate to run around in the sun and get sun tanned.

• 2 weeks later...