Migrant workers will soon be able to renew work permits at Seven Eleven stores in Thailand

rooster59

7 Eleven is no longer a store of convenience, its a store of inconvenience what with hordes of people paying their bills at the counter causing long queues, now we can expect flocks of illiterate Burmese to supplement those queues. I will take my business elsewhere.

I am sure 7/11 will be devestated at this news

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

7 Eleven is no longer a store of convenience, its a store of inconvenience what with hordes of people paying their bills at the counter causing long queues, now we can expect flocks of illiterate Burmese to supplement those queues. I will take my business elsewhere.

I am sure 7/11 will be devestated at this news

If this plays out like the cynics anticipate, which isn't a completely unrealistic view in this scenario, then yes, in time, nature will take its course, and 7-11 will terminate this program. (Edit: Assuming it even gets off the ground to begin with.)

You'll know by the collective sigh of relief from their front line employees and managers.

And where in the article does it mention anything about Visas.? It is about Asean workers renewing their work permit only.

Why get your knickers in a twist?

Having worked here, lived here for 24 years can see vast improvements in us Farangs as to processing

From paying your electric bill and airline tickets to renewing work permits. 7-11 here in

Thailand is amazing. Both efficient and convenient, I am always impressed by them. thumbsup.gif

Yes, this does sound very convenient, so did booking an Air Asia ticket and paying for it at 7/11, I tried it once and I would have gotten more sense out of talking to the tree out the front of the shop so I simply gave up.

From paying your electric bill and airline tickets to renewing work permits. 7-11 here in

Thailand is amazing. Both efficient and convenient, I am always impressed by them. thumbsup.gif

Don't get too comfortable. Their efficiency may soon be taking a massive hit in lieu of processing migrant paperwork over checking people's groceries out. If they lose that, they lose customers.

Retirement extensions and 90 day reports next ?

will they ever make things a little easier for us here.

regards Worgeordie

You can do your 90 day reports on line what more you want ?

Why retirement extensions next ? ...surely other people who work here legally and are not migrants should be the next one...retiree will be at the bottom of the dung heap

You can do your 90 day reports on line what more you want ?

To do my 90 day report on line and actually have it work so that I don't have to mail it in, and then upon not receiving it prior to my expiration date, having to track it down at immigration, or having to report in person.

Actually, how about doing away with the stupid things all together.

Retirement extensions and 90 day reports next ?

will they ever make things a little easier for us here.

regards Worgeordie

If they made things easier for us it would imply we are welcomed here

Must be so sad feeling so oppressed all the time, maybe for next move consider a nanny state in europe and you can feel oppressed till your hearts content

Can't move to the EU. I have skills and money. You need to be of non-european ancestry, and a financial or 'war' refugee, and willing to suck off the teat of said nanny-state, and pop out scads of babies to qualify. I don't meet any of those qualifications. Especially seeing that my grandparents came from Germany, I'd be the last in line.

Will all the photocopies be collected by Immigration, or will 7-11 have to take them to Immigration. Or are all these <deleted> photocopies really necessary? If I mail my 90 day report, copies needed. If I do it on line..... facepalm.gif

Not sure why this is even on Thaivisa, as it doesn't really affect Western expats.

Maybe because its a Thailand news story, Thai politics had nothing to do with the vast majority of western expats on Thai Visa, but that doesnt stop them does it...or commenenting about any other news story that has nothing to do with them either

I think he & I could be besties, or BFF or whatever they call them on social media other than TVF. I like the way you think Sir.

Where are these 7 Elevens that are constantly backed up with people paying bills? I think paying bills there is convenient.

There are like 15 trillion 7 Elevens in the country. Do you really think all migrant workers will go to the same one at the same time?

If anything, I would think this is good news for a segment of foreigners living here as it will reduce the workload at the Department of Labor, meaning shorter waits at there.

And why does it matter whether or not the migrant workers can read? I'd bet that the vast majority of TV posters cannot read Thai, which would make them... illiterate.

2 weeks early.....?

So now I will behind Burmese workers as well as Chinese tourists in the queue?

Make it easier for them, harder for Westerners and easier at immigration.

My only thought is that many of the workers seem to be moved around in pickups and not given the opportunity to pop into the 7-11.

These stories of the documentation of Migrant Workers started as some diversion, in creating the belief of the cleaning up of Human trafficking in Thailand.

A worthy exercise no doubt, but what is the real story in the fishing industry, the seafood processing industry etc.

I have not seen any credible reports of the ongoing investigation of this vile crime, in Thailand.

Will all the photocopies be collected by Immigration, or will 7-11 have to take them to Immigration. Or are all these <deleted> photocopies really necessary? If I mail my 90 day report, copies needed. If I do it on line..... facepalm.gif

The 7/11 employees will use your stacks of photocopies to wrap up hot, microwavable food.

"What my hotdog wrap in? Hummm. Who MESmith who do 90 day report? Farang do this jing raw? I happy I Thai person. I think that Farang no have good luck who live in Thailand. Arroy, document MESmith make hotdog taste good." biggrin.png

Archived