Whats up with True internet past few days?

richy2201

Does anyone know or experiencing internet speed problem with True during the past few days - BKK area?

I've had True for past 4 months and personally think the internet has been very good (30 M / 3 M) with speeds even up to 50M at times. However, during the past few days the speeds have been erratic to say the least ranging from 1M to 15M in one speed test.

The recorded message from the call center says that the 'high-speed' internet will be down 'to improve performance' until xx:xx o'clock but this keeps changing....

Just wondered if anyone knows specific reason for this and if it is just TRUE affected or other ISPs?

Thanks

Sounds pretty typical for True. Evenings and weekends are the worst. Too many people on line, I suspect. The last time I got the 'We are improving the internet in your area" message, my connection went to he!! in a handbasket. I am still waiting for it to recover, and that was at least 6 months ago.

Bangkok TOT 50/25Mbit Fiber tests fine with http://www.speedtest.net using a local Server
5164284594.png
but only getting "Time out" for Servers in Japan, Europe or US.
FB is particular slow, as well as connection to Seedbox at OVH France crawls with a few kB/s instead of the usual 5-6 MB/s [MByte/s = ~ 45 Mbps, compliments to TOT ;-) ]

Using the UK Server of the free VPN http://freevpnnetwork.com I'm seeing speeds of around 1 MB/s (~8Mbps) for Servers in Europe, FB is as well pretty fast.
Setting up the VPN takes only a minute and is almost as easy as configuring a Dial-up connection in the good old days ;-).
There is a short step-by-step tutorial as well on the site.

They change the passwords on a daily basis, so you need to check back in on that site daily as as well.

Bangkok TOT 50/25Mbit Fiber tests fine with http://www.speedtest.net using a local Server

5164284594.png

but only getting "Time out" for Servers in Japan, Europe or US.

FB is particular slow, as well as connection to Seedbox at OVH France crawls with a few kB/s instead of the usual 5-6 MB/s [MByte/s = ~ 45 Mbps, compliments to TOT ;-) ]

Using the UK Server of the free VPN http://freevpnnetwork.com I'm seeing speeds of around 1 MB/s (~8Mbps) for Servers in Europe, FB is as well pretty fast.

Setting up the VPN takes only a minute and is almost as easy as configuring a Dial-up connection in the good old days ;-).

There is a short step-by-step tutorial as well on the site.

They change the passwords on a daily basis, so you need to check back in on that site daily as as well.

Tried that as well, with a connection set up to UK server, my speedtest to UK servers resulted in a ping 50% higher and download speed 30% lower than without the VPN.

I can't be specific but I read somewhere in the past few days about a major international cable being damaged and that there would be disruptions while it was being repaired. Sorry not to have more details.

Found it: on this forum actually

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/901163-sinet-warns-of-underwater-cable-damage-slow-internet/

Edited by dddave

Speedtests and test file downloads to/from UK ridicolously slow.

Speedtest.net gave strange results with downoad slower than upload??

Upload is close to nominal value of 3 Mbit/s.

ToT fibre, 30/3.

Simple file downloads worked fine some two weeks (?) ago.

Today silly slow, like 0.2 Mbit/s.

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/download.html

Local content and mirrored stuff like youtube and my IPTV (streaming from Bangkok) work fine.

Thai Visa forum (from Singapore) also fine.

Comprehensive test from/to US westcoast is fine (at least for bandwidth):

http://netalyzr.icsi.berkeley.edu/

Something is wrong to/from Europe?

Edited by KhunBENQ

During the weekend my speeds to Western Europe were in the 3 Mb range. As of this morning everything has returned to normal and I get ~10Mb again to the same servers.

I'm on CAT through a reseller.

Edited by TheCruncher

I have ToT I can't stream movies(putlocker) the last few days,its "nonstop" buffering I have no youtube issues .I did a download speed check it was 8.5 and 9.1.I think I have 10mb.I cleared my cache and cookies. I miss my free movies. Is the Govenment tickering ?I comments

Edited by riclag

My true internet at home has been down today since lunch time, still not back on. Was also down for a bit yesterday afternoon.

Having to use internet from my phone which is also true but working fine.

This is becoming a common occurrence with true over the last 12 months, never had this problem with 3BB, might be time to change again

My true internet at home has been down today since lunch time, still not back on. Was also down for a bit yesterday afternoon.

Having to use internet from my phone which is also true but working fine.

This is becoming a common occurrence with true over the last 12 months, never had this problem with 3BB, might be time to change again

So to update, I just called True and they never mentioned anything about a cable being broken, for me It turned out to be a problem there end yet again and they had to do something to activate my internet for me again. This is happening on a monthly basis now, had engineers out about 5 times last 12 months to fix connection. I think its definitely time for a change, they seem to be getting worse,

I used to have 3BB so am tempted to go back to them because they where pretty good in my experience, whats other peoples experiences with 3BB last 12 months?

I Have TOT Winet and True fibre at 2 separate properties. Both OK within Thailand but currently useless for Kodi etc. on both - I agree with Lannig, damaged sub cable (3 to 4 weeks to repair)

Edited by Linesy

• 4 weeks later...

Still very slow I have true in one phone and ais in the other true internet in the house and ais fibre in the condo and we have 3BB at the office. All places have issues. Even connection to facebook is erratic. The one that works the best is tye 3BB at the office which im forced to use now if im gonna VPN to UPLOAD larger amounts of data to our servers in Europe. Im suspecting this must have something to do with connections that go abroad ie outside thailands borders. We have a server in the office and connecting tonthat from the condo or my house works fine. Anyway has anyone heard anything got an explanation for this or got a date for when things will be back to normal?