WDmyCloudex4 JBOD

JohnnyJazz

After a crash of my 16 TB NAS WDmyCloudex4 (that was promptly replaced by WD, great service there !), I decided that RAID was a waste of space and did a JBOD formatting.

I have 4 x 4TB disks. The first volume is now full. When i check the dashboard it says that 11.8 TB are still available but when I try to copy a file, the reply is the disk is full.

I'm currently updating the back up before going any further. But in the meantime I checked about everywhere how to access the other volumes and can't find any satisfactory answer.

Will I be lucky and a TV member who has already solved this problem is currently reading this thread and will come with the obvious solution I'm looking for ?

At this point all suggestions are welcome

Thanks

JJ

Sorry for your issues. I can't help as I have all but given up trying to get them to work properly.

I have 2 WD MyCloud devices and found them poor (and even worse after a major software upgrade that screwed up all the accounts on it).

I have since started using Synology NAS routers and they are so far superior.

Found the solution. We need to "share" the other volumes. One would have thought that it would have been done automatically but no. The problem with this NAS is the lack of proper documentation, I had to go through all the menu to finally find the solution.

Beside that I'm quite happy with WD. It's cheap, works ok and the local support and after sales service are good.