Visa type if you got child but not married

Hi. I got 1 year old.

Im not married

Im on thai birth cert.

Im now on ED it expires in may.

School is bit expensive. With 5k extensions now.

Too young for retirement visas

Just looking for options

My guess I would get 3 months non O visa in laos and be able to extend it for 3 months?

Total 6 months and low cost?

And After 6 months can I repeat it over and over?

Theres no limits on that right?

Just checking options before i pay for another year study.

Thanks for help

You can get a single entry non-o visa and extend the 90 days from it for 60 days (not 90 days) to visit your child. You could repeat it,

You could get a multiple entry non-o visa in Savannakhet with no financial proof if your child and their mother are with you when you apply to demonstrate you are living together as a family (de facto marriage). You can also get a it in Penang if you have at least 100k in the bank or proof of income,

If you legitimized your parenthood you could apply for a one year extension based upon being the parent of Thai. See: How To Gain Parental Rights As A Father

You can get a single entry non-o visa and extend the 90 days from it for 60 days (not 90 days) to visit your child. You could repeat it,

You could get a multiple entry non-o visa in Savannakhet with no financial proof if your child and their mother are with you when you apply to demonstrate you are living together as a family (de facto marriage). You can also get a it in Penang if you have at least 100k in the bank or proof of income,

If you legitimized your parenthood you could apply for a one year extension based upon being the parent of Thai. See: How To Gain Parental Rights As A Father

How the multiple entry works please.

I got over 100k in bank.

If i go penang i can get multiple entry non O? Being not married but on birth cert.

And how long u can stay or how works multiple entry visa.

Is it 1 year valid visa and u have to re enter every 90 days?

Thansks

Sent from my SM-A800F using Tapatalk

I got over 100k in bank.

If i go penang i can get multiple entry non O? Being not married but on birth cert.

Thansks

You just need your name to be on the birth certificate to get the visa. You will need the original of the birth certificate plus a copy and a copy of the child house book registry. Plus your bank book showing the money.

The visa allows unlimited 90 day entries for a year from the date of issue. If you do an entry just before the visa expires you can get almost 15 months of total stay from it. You have to leave the country every 90 days unless you get a 60 day extension of the entry.

Many Thai marriage visas want you and your partner to be

1. legally married by law (de Jure)
  2. And living with the wife (de facto)

Simply being named on a birth certificate is NOT a proof of being the father of the child by Thai law.

There are ways to legitimize your child.....but the best and easiest is to be legally married to your wife.

Many Thai marriage visas want you and your partner to be

• legally married by law (de Jure)
  • And living with the wife (de facto)
Simply being named on a birth certificate is NOT a proof of being the father of the child by Thai law.

There are ways to legitimize your child.....but the best and easiest is to be legally married to your wife.

Im not asking for a marriage visa but for visa based on family/child. Different story.

I got over 100k in bank.

Thansks

You just need your name to be on the birth certificate to get the visa. You will need the original of the birth certificate plus a copy and a copy of the child house book registry. Plus your bank book showing the money.

The visa allows unlimited 90 day entries for a year from the date of issue. If you do an entry just before the visa expires you can get almost 15 months of total stay from it. You have to leave the country every 90 days unless you get a 60 day extension of the entry.

Thanks for help.

So 90 days entry can be exteded for 60days??

That 100k needs to be seasoned? In acc for 2 months or not?

After 90 days u do border run by van right. No problem with going out and in multiple times like with TR visas?

Thanks again

Edited by BeefSlapper

Thanks for help.

After 90 days u do border run by van right. No problem with going out and in multiple times like with TR visas?

Thanks again

You can extend any of the 90 day entries for 60 days. You just have to watch the enter before date on the visa so that you don't loose the last entry you can do on or before that date. By getting a 60 day extension of the last entry you can get almost 17 months from the visa.

The 100k baht only has to be in the bank on the day apply. Update your bank book just before you make the trip for the visa.

You can do out/in border runs to get the new entries.

Thanks for help.

Thanks again

You can extend any of the 90 day entries for 60 days. You just have to watch the enter before date on the visa so that you don't loose the last entry you can do on or before that date. By getting a 60 day extension of the last entry you can get almost 17 months from the visa.

The 100k baht only has to be in the bank on the day apply. Update your bank book just before you make the trip for the visa.

Thats sounds like an option to my ED

Thx

Thanks for help.

Thanks again

BTW.

What kind of visa is that ? Non O?

Thanks for help.

Thanks again

Ok, he would get a 1 year non-o Visa (multiple entries) which allows for 90 days entry + 60 days extension with legal father status + birth certs + proof of 100k (THB?).

So, in fact, he would need to do a border run ever 150 days? Resulting in total stay of 450 days on that visa?

And to just do some math, he could also do a border run after 150 days, next again after 150 days, next after ~ 60 days and then he gets another 150 days with 90+60. Totaling around 510 days on that visa. Is that correct?

Edited by Gutenberg

Thanks for help.

Thanks again

Ok, he would get a 1 year non-o Visa (multiple entries) which allows for 90 days entry + 60 days extension with legal father status + birth certs + proof of 100k (THB?).

So, in fact, he would need to do a border run ever 150 days? Resulting in total stay of 450 days on that visa?

And to just do some math, he could also do a border run after 150 days, next again after 150 days, next after ~ 60 days and then he gets another 150 days with 90+60. Totaling around 510 days on that visa. Is that correct?

Yes, 510 days or thereabouts.

Entering on the last day (90) plus an extension (60) adds 150 days to however many you have managed of the 365/366 available during the life of the visa.

The OP can go to penang without needing to take family: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/868463-non-o-multiple-visiting-family-success-again-in-penang/

And

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/879418-guide-travelling-to-george-town-penang-and-back-to-thailand/

----

Misleading info about leaving every 150 days or 510 days total stay.

It is technically possible to do 90 day entry +60 day extension on each entry. But the visa EXPIRES 1 year (~365 days) after issue. So you'd only be able to do that a max of 3 times. The initial entry/extension (150 days) + 2 × Out-In border runs = 450 days.

I suppose you could cut down on the # of runs doing it this way, but ok if you dont mind dealing with local immigration office.

You could attempt to do a border run again @ 365 day mark (shortly before visa expiration, but you might get confused.

The usual way is to do border run every 90 days. Right before visa expires, do an Out-In reentry. 90 days initial entry x 4 = 450. This gives you 15 months. Then you could extend that last entry 60 days for 510 total days. Your 90 days line up more evenly with the visa expiration date...you can have as much as 2 weeks left before expiry if you do the Out-Ins on 88th/89th day.

But honestly, running to penang and getting a new visa is probably easier and less stressfull at that point. It's a question of giving 1900 baht to immigration or using it towards a new visa and restarting the process.

Not sure where the OP resides.

• Like 1

You could attempt to do a border run again @ 365 day mark (shortly before visa expiration, but you might get confused.

I have seen no report of anybody being denied a new 90 day entry as long as it is done on or before the enter before date on the visa. You may of been given some false info by somebody about doing it.

Those that choose to break it down to exact days are confusing things a bit. The visa is issued with a validity of 12 months from the date of issue.

It is certainly possible to get a total stay of almost 17 months of total stay from the visa.

The OP can go to penang without needing to take family: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/868463-non-o-multiple-visiting-family-success-again-in-penang/

And

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/879418-guide-travelling-to-george-town-penang-and-back-to-thailand/

----

Misleading info about leaving every 150 days or 510 days total stay.

It is technically possible to do 90 day entry +60 day extension on each entry. But the visa EXPIRES 1 year (~365 days) after issue. So you'd only be able to do that a max of 3 times. The initial entry/extension (150 days) + 2 × Out-In border runs = 450 days.

I suppose you could cut down on the # of runs doing it this way, but ok if you dont mind dealing with local immigration office.

The usual way is to do border run every 90 days. Right before visa expires, do an Out-In reentry. 90 days initial entry x 4 = 450. This gives you 15 months. Then you could extend that last entry 60 days for 510 total days. Your 90 days line up more evenly with the visa expiration date...you can have as much as 2 weeks left before expiry if you do the Out-Ins on 88th/89th day.

But honestly, running to penang and getting a new visa is probably easier and less stressfull at that point. It's a question of giving 1900 baht to immigration or using it towards a new visa and restarting the process.

Not sure where the OP resides.

Thanks all

It sounds better than my ED that is expensive and just 6/9 months total

So you said in Penang dont have to bring family?

How about Vientiane/Laos?

I would not want to take 1 year old on a visa run if u know what I mean.

and and 100k have to be in non thai bank?

they would not accept thai bank book with balance more then 100k ?

also Laos its a no go for unmaried man?

Penang only?

Penang no need for the family. Just proof of equivalent of at least 100k baht in the bank. If using a bank statement from an non Thai bank it would need to be in English.

Vientiane will only do a single entry visa.

In Savannakhet you need the family with you to prove a de facto marriage.

• Like 2

and and 100k have to be in non thai bank?

they would not accept thai bank book with balance more then 100k ?

also Laos its a no go for unmaried man?

Penang only?

Try reading the post you quoted again !