The ministry

Hi , as a new member this is my first post,  does any one know if its possible to " cut corners " at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, in Bangkok...?, I have to take an Affirmation of freedom to marry document to this Ministry to have it stamped, Ive been told it could take from 2-5 days to get it done ..?, . I know that some times its possible to " speed " things up at government departments, and get things done on the same day, ... if   you  know  HOW ...??? , I know that i could use an agency to do all the paper work , to enable me to get married in one day, but its going to cost ...9,000 Bht . my time scale is short, as my visa ends soon, so speeding up the minstry stamp would help a lot. any advice would welcome .......... Thank 's .......

Be at the ministry first in the morning, and you shoule be able to have the certificate later the same day, or latest next day.

Ask them for same day delivery.

I have heard that another option is to speak with the "messengers" coming there and picking up documents all the time, they are supposed to know where to grease the palms.

When the Ministry was located downtown there were persons able to translate and help speed things up hanging around.  Don't know if they are around the new place.

As you know about the services perhaps even at 9k it might make sense if you are time pressed as you first have to get form, fill out, notorize or whatever your Embassy does with fee, get translated by an authorized translator with fee, file at Ministry with fee, collect from Ministry, go District Office, register marriage with translater/wife with fees, obtain legal translations of marriage document which also means register at Foreign Ministry with fee again.

Hi,

:o

I really must agree here with LopBuri3.

I did this about 5 years ago (cost about 7k Bht, but during the crash this was about £90 UK). For this we had the forms filled in for us, translated, we were taken to the two different governemt buildings (at either end of Bangkok seemingly!) to hand forms in in person and sign other forms and they also acted as witnesses. They provided the car to get us to all these places, and their guy came with us everywhere. In the first govenrment building, they knew who to talk to, and we were sorted out quickly and painlessly, we also seemed to jump the queue at the registry office. The registrar sat chatting to our rep while we were signing tons of forms - they knew each other. They also gave us two sets of authorised (stamped) transaltions of the wedding certificate (one laminated!) for the Embassy. They honestly said they could do little with the embassy other than offer advice and take us there - anyone that says they can is probably lieing.

It pays for itself!

Check out the services they provide, and shop around, there are loads of these companies. Look around Wireless Road (Embassy-ville).