Russian tourist stabbed during road rage attack in Pattaya

webfact

Russian tourist stabbed during road rage attack in Pattaya
Thaivisa Reporters

p1.jpg

PATTAYA:-- A Russian tourist was viciously stabbed in an apparent road rage incident in Pattaya in the early hours of Wednesday morning while the alleged assailant was "arrested" by onlookers.

The tourist was slashed across the stomach with a fruit knife after a local man said he was cut up on a motorbike and a violent argument began in front of shocked bystanders.

Fortunately for the victim, who suffered a ten centimetre gash, the incident happened in front of the Pattaya City Hospital. Onlookers took the man to hospital and managed to make a citizen's arrest of the assailant until police arrived.

Doctors at the hospital said that the Russian was out of danger.

p2.jpg

A police team led by Pallop Ringrot rushed to the scene just after midnight following reports of a confrontation between two sets of men, one pair Russian the other Thai. They found a Thai man detained by good samaritans in front of the hospital along with a fruit paring knife.

Investigation revealed that the Russians were out for a drive around town to see the sights when two local men pulled alongside them. The alleged assailant, 20 year old Wanchana Tulathong said that their motorcycle was cut up by the tourists and an argument ensued. Another man on the bike managed to escape before police arrived.

Police detained Wanchana for further questioning.

tvn.png
-- 2016-03-15

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whichever way you slice it (no pun intended !), there is, of course, no excuse to settle any dispute with a knife.

BTW: Remind myself never to go to that "Pattaya City Hospital" for emergency treatment, because by the looks of their "quick repair" it was obvious that no stitches were required, but they've obviously never heard of Butterfly-Plasters.

coffee1.gif

What does "he was cut up on a motorbike" mean?

it means he was cut off, meaning someone pulled in front of him forcing him to take evasive action i.e. slam on the brakes or turn sharply to avoid collision.

pattaya is a mecca of low lives. some thai, some non thai.

imo the thais tried to claim damaged bike and try to get money from the tourists.

once sitting in my car in the parking area of an upscale usa supermarket a car pulled into the spot next to me.

then the guy inside the car started telling me my car damaged his car LOL

quickly realized the elevator wasnt reaching the top floor, perhaps alcohol, or drugs or both.

i asked him if he wants money for the damages and he said yes.

next i told him i will summon the police so they can provide an official report for the claim as to maximize the payment.

at that point he changed his mind about pursuing it further.

me thinks he might already be a member of the police frequent flyer program

It could be anybody this type of thing can happen to any day anytime. animals and tempers can flare up.

In the 7/11 guy with the blank face motionless he stood there as others got served you think he is playing at statues you go to the check out in front of him .STAB so easy just like road sense or even common sense theres mot a lot here..Live for the moment oh I am angry STAB.I wonder how many have knives on there possesion. .

The Russian guy already has extensive scars on his right arm and bicep. He has lived an

eventful life. Someone should warn him about the dangers of wearing gold chains around

here as well. whistling.gif

it means he was cut off, meaning someone pulled in front of him forcing him to take evasive action i.e. slam on the brakes or turn sharply to avoid collision.

Really - you saw this?

I'm answering the question of BrainLife...perhaps I should have said It means to be cut off...having a bad day are we.....

I see the news reporting here has drastically improved. In fact, reports of tonight's incidents are already out!!!

Dear God, how can the guy have been stabbed in the early hours of Wednesday when it's now Tuesday afternoon???

Makes you wonder about the accuracy of the rest of the drivel printed.

I think that means what Americans would call " cut off " . "Cut up" I think is British or maybe Australian English. In other words, the Thai's motorbike was "cut off" / "ran off " / "pushed off " the road. That's what got the Thai so unset.

Speedy recover to the victim.

Edited by Miami Bob

Agree that I'm so happy they caught someone - With locals stepping in to help.

This crap ruins Pattaya.

Really wanted to note that Pattaya City Hospital served me well this past week. My wife and I were there for a few days running looking after some stitches.

With one exception, the people were really very nice. And more importantly, the treatments were not rushed and handled well.

Yes, it was crowded and sometimes we waited.

But the aircon worked, it was relatively clean, and generally well organized.

If this was the USA, I'd still be waiting for an appointment.

I see we have taken sides already..........be interesting to see how this pans out; it has all the right ingredients, Russians, driving in Thailand, Thai people's temperament, the health industry and the RTP....a perfect topic!

Yes, taken the side of the law. The Thai guy slashed the Russian guy across the stomach, what more needs to be said. Local onlookers detained the person they saw as the guilty party until the police arrived.

What do you expect people to think?

The Thai guy is guilty of course, the Russian guy is the victim. It doesn't matter what the argument was about, all bets are off when the Thai guy pulled a knife and attacked the Russian, assault with intent. A few years behind bars seems appropriate.

I see we have taken sides already..........be interesting to see how this pans out; it has all the right ingredients, Russians, driving in Thailand, Thai people's temperament, the health industry and the RTP....a perfect topic!

Not to mention the good Samaritans, presumably Thai.