Russian tourist stabbed during road rage attack in Pattaya

webfact

Oh Gazzpa,

please, please, please look up irony somewhere, like OED, Google, etc.

Ok I will save you the trouble. If BrainLife will excuse me stealing his thunder.

On15th March 2016 14.48 BrainLife said ""What does "he was cut up on a motorbike" mean?"".

This was a very clever (ironic) pun on the fact that the Russian guy was cut up (with a knife) after his motorbike had cut up (cut-off) the Thai guy's motorbike.

Kapish? Oh no I can't say that it ain't real English (but maybe it's American English - Ameryish as we Brits say and so allowed on TV).

"Do you Understand now" (in the loud voice all native English speakers use when speaking to foreigners).

This was also ironic in case you think its simply typical British arrogance - well some of it anyway.

Edited by MiKT

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Something tells me this incident will somehow be blamed on the Russian, with a minimal fine for the "slasher".

I don't really want to take sides, but I'll bet it was more than a simple "cut-off" incident. A simple "sorry" will get you out of that. There was most likely a fair bit of verbal abuse involved before the knife came out. We all know Russians aren't the politest of punters, and it's quite likely the Thai pair felt intimidated by the much larger Russian pair.

Edited by tropo

I see we have taken sides already..........be interesting to see how this pans out; it has all the right ingredients, Russians, driving in Thailand, Thai people's temperament, the health industry and the RTP....a perfect topic!

The stuff those great Thai soaps are made of......

I see we have taken sides already..........be interesting to see how this pans out; it has all the right ingredients, Russians, driving in Thailand, Thai people's temperament, the health industry and the RTP....a perfect topic!

I'm guessing alcohol made its usual cameo as well!