Restricted Occupation

Tim207

Annex attached to the Royal Decree

Prescribing works relating to occupation and professional in which an alien is prohibited to engage B.E.2522

1. Manual work

2. Work in agriculture, animal husbandry, forestry or fishery excluding specialized work in each particular branch or farm supervision

So I see I can "supervise". Sorry honey, it is against the law for me to pick the makua but I am alowed to "supervise" you doing it. :o Sometimes Thai laws work in our favor. :D

(In case that doesn't translate well internationally, someone standing around watching others work and not helping is jokingly referred to as supervising)

Annex attached to the Royal Decree

Prescribing works relating to occupation and professional in which an alien is prohibited to engage B.E.2522

1. Manual work

2. Work in agriculture, animal husbandry, forestry or fishery excluding specialized work in each particular branch or farm supervision

So I see I can "supervise". Sorry honey, it is against the law for me to pick the makua but I am alowed to "supervise" you doing it. :o Sometimes Thai laws work in our favor. :D

(In case that doesn't translate well internationally, someone standing around watching others work and not helping is jokingly referred to as supervising)

I knew this wouldn't take long to tranfer from the other forum across to this one - now what gave me that idea!!

Yes it's a superb interpretation of the rule, "Sorry Te -Raak - I can't help you pick. Tell you what, I'll just chill out here under the mango tree with my Singha and you and what's her name from the bar next door - you 2 carry on. Any diffculty in understand what has to be done, no prob's - I am allowed to step in at that point"

WE have a lot to thank the legistslators for this time round.

Actually, its not all as strightforward as it appears to be. I stillhaven't got my head round it, but I ahve never in close on 20 years been stopped for driving my tractor on the A whatever it is, or been questioned about what the hel_l I think I am doing ploughing a field or driving a forage harvester!

In reality, as I said in my very first psoting to this forum: keep your nose clean, treat your neighbours with respect and pay the hardware store bill on time each month, and the only thing you will experiance is a grduging respect from all who get to hear about you. And I can honestly say that that has been my expriance and nothing else.

Tim

I knew this wouldn't take long to tranfer from the other forum across to this one - now what gave me that idea!!

Yes it's a superb interpretation of the rule, "Sorry Te -Raak - I can't help you pick. Tell you what, I'll just chill out here under the mango tree with my Singha and you and what's her name from the bar next door - you 2 carry on. Any diffculty in understand what has to be done, no prob's - I am allowed to step in at that point"

WE have a lot to thank the legistslators for this time round.

Actually, its not all as strightforward as it appears to be. I stillhaven't got my head round it, but I ahve never in close on 20 years been stopped for driving my tractor on the A whatever it is, or been questioned about what the hel_l I think I am doing ploughing a field or driving a forage harvester!

In reality, as I said in my very first psoting to this forum: keep your nose clean, treat your neighbours with respect and pay the hardware store bill on time each month, and the only thing you will experiance is a grduging respect from all who get to hear about you. And I can honestly say that that has been my expriance and nothing else.

Tim

This really is a maize-ing Thailand, then?

"just chill out here under the mango tree with my Singha and you and what's her name from the bar next door - you 2 carry on. "

Not sure what you meant by this, if anything. It seems like you are implying we(or just me) have a need to be close to a bar or wherever we(or just me) live, it is likely the girl next door is a bar girl. The original post was meant tounge-in-cheek. If you got the impression that I am a barfly, I can assure you that I am not. I don't like bars and I rarely drink.

"In reality, as I said in my very first psoting to this forum: keep your nose clean, treat your neighbours with respect and pay the hardware store bill on time each month, and the only thing you will experiance is a grduging respect from all who get to hear about you. And I can honestly say that that has been my expriance and nothing else."

I would be surprised if you did have a problem as long as nobody is out to get you for some reason. Local police have enough to do without worrying if some farang is "working in a prohibited occupation", and that is if they are even aware of the rule.

"just chill out here under the mango tree with my Singha and you and what's her name from the bar next door - you 2 carry on. "

Not sure what you meant by this, if anything. It seems like you are implying we(or just me) have a need to be close to a bar or wherever we(or just me) live, it is likely the girl next door is a bar girl. The original post was meant tounge-in-cheek. If you got the impression that I am a barfly, I can assure you that I am not. I don't like bars and I rarely drink.

"In reality, as I said in my very first psoting to this forum: keep your nose clean, treat your neighbours with respect and pay the hardware store bill on time each month, and the only thing you will experiance is a grduging respect from all who get to hear about you. And I can honestly say that that has been my expriance and nothing else."

I would be surprised if you did have a problem as long as nobody is out to get you for some reason. Local police have enough to do without worrying if some farang is "working in a prohibited occupation", and that is if they are even aware of the rule.

All,

I still haven’t got my head round it. “I hope that is true MF”

Thanks Tim207 for the heads up on the rules BE-2522 as I was un-aware.

That would definitely be the straw that broke the camels back!. Is there any chance you could post me a coil of rope.

“now hel_l were did I supervise planting that mango tree”.

C-Sip-degree

It was a light hearted comment - called sense of humour - sorry you didn't see that but instead chose to make a point about your views on bars. Fact is overwhelming amount of ex-pats living in rural areas live with bar girls or ex-bargirls, and most of their friends are from that enviroment as well. It's a fact - even if people don't like to admitt it.

Tim

Tim

It was a light hearted comment -

That's all I was asking. I couldn't tell if it was meant as sarcasm or a joke. I admit I am a little sensitive about people assuming that I am drawn to Thailand by booze and cheap sex. Thanks for the clarification.

No prob's - and my apologies if that is what you felt I was conveying.

I've been there and done it myself - to adopt a HiSo attitude would be hypocritical in my case.

I make no judgements about such people who are drawn to that lifestyle. We all have our preferances in life, we all get our kicks from those prefenarnces and the world would be a fxxxxxg dull place if we were all the same.

... now back to farming

Tim