Travel company stole money.What can be done?

leverito

It should be acknowledged that visa applications can be refused...and that fees paid will not be returned. Perhaps in this situation the "agents" have performed the service but the application was refused anyway. Even with a money back agreement for such an expensive service would be less the normal nominal comparative cost. Without ...you are without. :(

27000 for what...?

Police tea fund

Contribution to the Generals new Merc

Rubbish.

Are you denying there is corruption at immigration offices? Are you actually claiming that people do not pay extra money to certain IO's to get things done or fast tracked? If you believe this, I would be curious to know what time you landed yesterday........

IMO he covered it all in his post #27. Everyone knows there is corruption at all levels. But that is not what the OP intended. He thought he was buying a service from and agent.

well 27000 would be to good to be true...here the thai immigration sheet of fees for the long term residents

( or should I say dreamers ? / my sidenote : if any official / no bribe official fee /

in LOS would require me to hand over 200000 or close , for a piece of paper in my pp that say I can stay there

i migrate somewhere else ):

http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/base.php?page=fee

depends on what combo u need i found something near 200000 Bhat etc....

if it is too cheap or too good to be true walk cause its a scam 100% ....

similair to: hey cheap precious stones come inside sir one time chance of ur life ( to be cheated really big )

or

sure darling I love u and never will need any money cause u are superman and I am a good girl ( a classic )

etc...

gd luck

well 27000 would be to good to be true...here the thai immigration sheet of fees for the long term residents

( or should I say dreamers ? / my sidenote : if any official / no bribe official fee /

in LOS would require me to hand over 200000 or close , for a piece of paper in my pp that say I can stay there

i migrate somewhere else ):

http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/base.php?page=fee

depends on what combo u need i found something near 200000 Bhat etc....

if it is too cheap or too good to be true walk cause its a scam 100% ....

similair to: hey cheap precious stones come inside sir one time chance of ur life ( to be cheated really big )

or

sure darling I love u and never will need any money cause u are superman and I am a good girl ( a classic )

etc...

gd luck

2.)

dump the cash in a toilett better than give it to these official gangsters...a fee of close to 200000 bhat is a legal rip off

It's always a big risk to give passport and such official documents to someone you don't know.

I prefer lose time and check for my visa by myself than entrust my passport to anyone non official.

Why do people do it.I do the time honoured way of doing it my self.At least i have control of the situation.

I get the feeling you don't live in Chiang Mai, as you wouldn't be saying you have control of the situation.

A pity the OP isn't happy to give much detail. I cannot fathom if the OP was trying to get some type of Visa to remain in Thailand, or one to visit say the UK.

In some cases, Visa fees have to be paid whether the application is successful or not. Some Visa Office outfits offer a no-visa-no-fee guarantee.

If OP feels he has simply been cheated by a Thai business, make an official complaint to the police.

There is always social media too if the particular office is such a business.

Well if you live within the law you will not have such situation. You must have paid for something you usually have no right to get. If you check the immigration you would know they always mention that you should apply for visa personally and not by agents.

You take your receipt to the police and explain everything and then cross your finger that they don't arrest you for something illegal you were intended to do.

In the basement level of the Immigration building at Chang Wattana, there is a walk-in service center for the Consumer Protection division. If you really want to pursue your case, it might be worth a visit. Make sure you have all your documentation in order.

dddave has provided a possible solution.

Do have a go but with be prepared to walk away if nothing comes out of it.

Keep your cool wherever you are.

You are not on home ground.

Walking away maybe a painful but smart decision.

It doesn't do you any good to go head on with the locals.

Edited by thinkthink

Thanks everybody who try to help with advices and who tell about his personal experience.

Thanks even backpackers who cannot[CANNOT!!!] understand why anybody can give so big[!] money to another person for his comfort...I now can understand their psychology better...

Thanks everybody.