Corruption Catch-22: Report a Bribe and Go to Jail?

webfact

Problem is: If you want bring someone to justice, you will need to have a clean slate yourself.

Driving high on M-150, tiers worn down to the casing, breaks nearly gone: not a good idea to mess around with the cops...

And guess why no one will never ever report another one for tax evasion?unsure.png

At least the message seems to be getting through that they cannot do it. You can see how he has his hand in the window and taking it on the sly. Therefore I deduct that he, like many of the others, are slowly starting to get the message. Something is being acheieved, alibeit very slowly.

Who are thee dummies reporting low level street corruption?! It's so much easier to pay a little bit and be done. I guess some people would rather have to go to the station and waste 2 hours for paper work...

Who are these dummies that think corruption is absolutely ok?! Who are these dummies that think wrong is right?!

The world over at every level of society.

police all over se Asia have this tradition of self-financing because they have too little funds from the government. Every cop knows his salary will be close to zero but there will be some bonuses. It's a tradition and as stated here, the system is to blame. The police in Thailand is royal so they should get royal "attention", ie.better financing as well as better internal control. The cops I know are very low on the social ladder and do not live a wealthy life.

Who are thee dummies reporting low level street corruption?! It's so much easier to pay a little bit and be done. I guess some people would rather have to go to the station and waste 2 hours for paper work...

Perhaps dummies who see corruption at any level for what it is, and think it long past time something more than lip service was paid to addressing it.

Are they seriously expecting the driver to come and testify in court and exposing himself to reprisals

and vindictive actions by the accused?

without immunity and protection, no one in his right minds will come to give evidence as they know very well

what will happened to them.....

Corruption is increasing very fast.... Police , army and immigration, we can't stop them, they have all the power and they even will hold this power after any election , if there will be an election....

Are they seriously expecting the driver to come and testify in court and exposing himself to reprisals

and vindictive actions by the accused?

without immunity and protection, no one in his right minds will come to give evidence as they know very well

what will happened to them.....

Absolutely correct, nobody in their right mind and that is what they are counting on.

Where is Elliot Ness when you need him ??

Dirty rotten system and as we all know, the fish rots from the head.

The closing part of the article:

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

What should drivers do when they encounter police officers thirsty for tea money?

First of all, Somchai said, don’t pay a bribe, whether you’re guilty or not.

Next, send a Line message his way via @Highway1193.

“Inform me right away. I personally read all the messages,” Maj .Gen. Somchai said.

Dechnarong, meanwhile, suggested embracing the power of technology: Film the cops right away, from the very moment they start making demands.

“Just get your phones out and film them!” Dechnarong said. “It’s your evidence. If you don’t have evidence, you will only have words when you testify.”

If you don’t have a camera or phone at hand, testimony from witnesses, such as a passenger, could also count as evidence.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Boomer's response: Somchai is full of putrified fish sauce I can smell him a mile away. His corrupt buddies are no better.

I got pulled over in Chiang Mai for, get this, MY PASSENGER DIDN'T HAVE A SEATBELT ON. The cop said Bt.400 on the spot, or take a complaint to the police station. I've done reports for other things at Thai police stations, and know there are at least 3 basic things that happen there:

A. no one speaks passable English.

B. everything takes very long. To fill out a one-page form might take 100 minutes.

C. nothing ensues, except hours of wasted time.

Edited by boomerangutang