Is it too late to stop the Donald Trump machine?

webfact

I doubt they will be laughing thumbsup.gif

well evryone I know is certainly crackin up! america has shown the world how far they have finally sunk! they can't pretend anymore.

Every intelligent and thoughtful person I know (and I know of lot of people worldwide) has been laughing so far,

You apparently don't know the millions of people who are voting for Trump.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well evryone I know is certainly crackin up! america has shown the world how far they have finally sunk! they can't pretend anymore.

Every intelligent and thoughtful person I know (and I know of lot of people worldwide) has been laughing so far,

thank god

Beating Cankles will be fun.

Can you say President Trump?

"Beating Cankles will be fun."
Bernie is absolutely thrashing Hillary in this same primary on the Dem side in Indiana. Few people want to see her win. Now that Cruz has pulled out and it's Trump, he can turn his attention to Hillary. She's never, ever seen anything like what's going to hit her now.
Get used to President Trump.

Bernie is absolutely thrashing Hillary in this same primary on the Dem side in Indiana. Few people want to see her win. Now that Cruz has pulled out and it's Trump, he can turn his attention to Hillary. She's never, ever seen anything like what's going to hit her now.

You're right to a point. When Trump's attack machine gets going in top gear, it might even make the Republican attack machine pale in comparison. Surely Trump will sling all sorts of mud and rotten tomatoes at her, hoping some with stick. However, he should schedule some private time with an English tutor, in order to improve his abilities with speaking English. In his most recent speech, he got his verb tenses mixed up, or maybe not......

"She will be the worst president......" "she will ...... (fill in the blanks with the ugliest things you can think of)"

Notice, he didn't say "she would be.....'" Instead he said "she will be....."

One verb tense connotes conditional, the other is statement of fact of something in the future. Trump stated her presidency as future fact.

Perhaps it's a subliminal admittance by Trump that an HRC victory is inevitable. whistling.gif

You're right to a point. When Trump's attack machine gets going in top gear, it might even make the Republican attack machine pale in comparison. Surely Trump will sling all sorts of mud and rotten tomatoes at her, hoping some with stick. However, he should schedule some private time with an English tutor, in order to improve his abilities with speaking English. In his most recent speech, he got his verb tenses mixed up, or maybe not......

"She will be the worst president......" "she will ...... (fill in the blanks with the ugliest things you can think of)"

Notice, he didn't say "she would be.....'" Instead he said "she will be....."

One verb tense connotes conditional, the other is statement of fact of something in the future. Trump stated her presidency as future fact.

Perhaps it's a subliminal admittance by Trump that an HRC victory is inevitable. whistling.gif

Ah, more lame and pointless ad hominem attacks that ignore the obvious successes of Donald Trump. Ad hominem attackers are GENIUSES who can't be bothered to raise a real argument. thumbsup.gif

post-164212-0-97289500-1462327448_thumb.

Edited by NeverSure

Sure I do. I know they are frustrated that the American dream has evaded them, or been eroded for them. I know they are angry that jobs they can do have gone overseas, and many can't or won't be retrained. I know they have a grossly misplaced sense of trust in a conman and out of desperation and exasperation are going to follow him right down the rabbit hole.

All of the professional pundits who said Trump couldn't win the nomination should quit their jobs. Cruz has quit and Trump has it. All of the #NeverTrump folks should be on suicide watch because Trump will be the next POTUS.

Cheers.

Sure I do. I know they are frustrated that the American dream has evaded them, or been eroded for them. I know they are angry that jobs they can do have gone overseas, and many can't or won't be retrained. I know they have a grossly misplaced sense of trust in a conman and out of desperation and exasperation are going to follow him right down the rabbit hole.

So we wait four years and find out. One things for sure. Hillary wants more of the same that hasn't been working. Trump is a highly successful CEO with a record of big accomplishments and the biggest work ethic I've ever seen.

Trump will be the next POTUS. He'll get a chance to strut his stuff. He ain't no green pea when it comes to big deals and Putin, Iran, China, Mexico and N. Korea won't get away with their shit - take it back - they won't try their shit when Trump is in charge. China won't let US navy ships dock there, but they dock thousands of container ships filled with cheap shit in US harbors. That kind of thing is what will stop.

Cheers.

So we wait four years and find out. One things for sure. Hillary wants more of the same that hasn't been working. Trump is a highly successful CEO with a record of big accomplishments and the biggest work ethic I've ever seen.

Trump will be the next POTUS. He'll get a chance to strut his stuff. He ain't no green pea when it comes to big deals and Putin, Iran, China, Mexico and N. Korea won't get away with their shit - take it back - they won't try their shit when Trump is in charge. China won't let US navy ships dock there, but they dock thousands of container ships filled with cheap shit in US harbors. That kind of thing is what will stop.

Cheers.

big bankruptcies you mean.

Cheers.

As someone who has been a CEO most of my adult life across the globe, I'm going to agree with you on one thing. Good CEOs get things done, and hire good operations people. Good CEOs know their own shortcomings and hire the best talent to fill in for where they are weak or unknowledgeable. Good CEOs then take under advisement and act precisely and accurately and decisively.

If Trump turns out to be like that, I will be the first one to get behind him. Everything I know about the man to this date does not agree with that. I won't have a huge problem with Trump turning toward isolationism, and in fact that is historically American. And, I agree we need a good negotiator to make sure America does not give away free stuff to the world anymore. Trump may or may not be a good negotiator, and he certainly knows fork-all about the world, but again, let's see.

I think we all sense this is a historic shift now, and a movement. Let's reserve judgment if the rest of the populace will get behind this guy.

And, it's early days, but one thing I was always taught as a child by my parents was to get behind whoever actually got elected President. That will be a huge shift from the way Obama has been treated by detractors.

Edited by keemapoot

Cheers.

As someone who has been a CEO most of my adult life across the globe, I'm going to agree with you on one thing. Good CEOs get things done, and hire good operations people. Good CEOs know their own shortcomings and hire the best talent to fill in for where they are weak or unknowledgeable. Good CEOs then take under advisement and act precisely and accurately and decisively.

If Trump turns out to be like that, I will be the first one to get behind him. Everything I know about the man to this date does not agree with that. I won't have a huge problem with Trump turning toward isolationism, and in fact that is historically American. And, I agree we need a good negotiator to make sure America does not give away free stuff to the world anymore. Trump may or may not be a good negotiator, and he certainly knows fork-all about the world, but again, let's see.

I think we all sense this is a historic shift now, and a movement. Let's reserve judgment if the rest of the populace will get behind this guy.

And, it's early days, but one thing I was always taught as a child by my parents was to get behind whoever actually got elected President. That will be a huge shift from the way Obama has been treated by detractors.

Trump has done business all over the world including building the Trump international Hotel and Tower in Dubai. He knows a lot of people all over the world.

Trump is 180 degrees out from Obama in that he will put America first. At least 20 years ago I saw him being interviewed and he was railing about how China rips the US off even then. Even then he was saying that the US makes bad deals, and it does. It covers the world with military protection with no reimbursement. It lets China ship its junk in when China doesn't fully reciprocate. No it doesn't.

He's a lot more than people think.

Oh, and about Obama getting respect. Obama had no global experience much less any executive experience and it's shown every day. As you said, a good executive surrounds himself with the best people. Obama surrounded himself with loser pals from loser Chicago.

I went to a concert with Herb Alpert and The Tijuana Brass many years ago. He took questions and someone asked for the secret to his success. He said he hired the best possible musicians and then hoped to heck they drowned him out.

Cheers.

Cruz drops out of the race! It's over!

A great day for hillbilly paranoia

Now we can go to the next step of the election process...visibly humiliating the MURRICA faction and burying it forever. Donald Trump is just the man for that task.

Whatever he’s doing to bring it all down, it’s working. And I hope he doesn’t stop.

Huzzah!

Cheers.

Trump has done business all over the world including building the Trump international Hotel and Tower in Dubai. He knows a lot of people all over the world.

Trump is 180 degrees out from Obama in that he will put America first. At least 20 years ago I saw him being interviewed and he was railing about how China rips the US off even then. Even then he was saying that the US makes bad deals, and it does. It covers the world with military protection with no reimbursement. It lets China ship its junk in when China doesn't fully reciprocate. No it doesn't.

Oh, and about Obama getting respect. Obama had no global experience much less any executive experience and it's shown every day. As you said, a good executive surrounds himself with the best people. Obama surrounded himself with loser pals from loser Chicago.

I went to a concert with Herb Alpert and The Tijuana Brass many years ago. He took questions and someone asked for the secret to his success. He said he hired the best possible musicians and then hoped to heck they drowned him out.

Cheers.

Agree with you both because you're almost saying the same thing - KP is a bit more skeptical.

From the cheap seats I sit in, I reckon that combined sentiment summarizes what a lot of middle of the roaders (like me) think. If this guy would just calm the F down and act like an rational adult ALL of the time, I could swing my other leg up onto his platform and give him a shot.

The only person holding me back from doing that is Trump himself.

Watch the bitter and resigned conservative Charles Krauthammer today (who some on this forum have elevated to near sainthood - and yet those same posters support Trump blink.png ) debate with O'Reilly how wrong Trump is for the country:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/fit-president-oreilly-debates-krauthammer-003649362.html

Krauthammer (another of the people at work at the late Bill Buckley's vanity press, NRO), represents everything this primary season has repudiated: endless wars overseas, open borders, free trade agreements that benefit everyone accept the US, and the status quo writ in stone. He is just about the last person to listen to, unless your idea of a perfect president is G.W. Bush.

Watch the bitter and resigned conservative Charles Krauthammer today (who some on this forum have elevated to near sainthood - and yet those same posters support Trump blink.png ) debate with O'Reilly how wrong Trump is for the country:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/fit-president-oreilly-debates-krauthammer-003649362.html

Krauthammer (another of the people at work at the late Bill Buckley's vanity press, NRO), represents everything this primary season has repudiated: endless wars overseas, open borders, free trade agreements that benefit everyone accept the US, and the status quo writ in stone. He is just about the last person to listen to, unless your idea of a perfect president is G.W. Bush.

I won't name names, but several conservatives and Trump supporters on this forum have said he's the greatest and most brilliant conservative voice since Bill Buckley. wink.png Some need to get their story straight.

Cruz drops out of the race! It's over!

A great day for hillbilly paranoia

Now we can go to the next step of the election process...visibly humiliating the MURRICA faction and burying it forever. Donald Trump is just the man for that task.

Whatever he’s doing to bring it all down, it’s working. And I hope he doesn’t stop.

Huzzah!

.....I sure do not want to kick a man when he is down.

Make sure you are aware that there are very few "hillbillies" in Indiana. Probably zero.

Yet they love Trump and hate Cruz

touche

Cheers.

Where is the comparison between China not allowing the US to dock their Navy Ships and thousands of container ships docking in the US. The reason there are thousands of container ships is because the US people want to purchase 'Cheap Shit' from China.

You appear to have an extremely simplistic and reactionary view of how the World works. Luckily on the off chance Trump does become President, he will have some level headed and rational persons behind him.

A lot of people have awakened during this primary. A lot of us, yes I, didn't realize just HOW corrupt the system is. Hillary can apparently beat Bernie no matter how many votes he gets. The GOP earned a nickname GOPe with the e standing for "Elites". The people on both sides went into full revolt against rigged systems.

There are so many fake people on both sides of the aisle that people are revolting against it. It's the end of the Republican party as we've known it and it may be the end of the Democrats. Yes they'll probably get their anointed Hillary in there with the superdelegates, but that doesn't mean the people like it.

I predict that we come out the other side of this with a different system. The people are really activated against this system.

Cheers.

Cheers.

Herb and Ronnie have something in common. We had this quote hanging on wall of the office where I worked back in the 80's...

surround-yourself-with-great-people-dele

And 30 years later thanks to the Internet I learn the actual quote is this...

Reagan.jpg

Can anything stop the Trump machine? Not if people watch this video...extremely powerful and would turn the majority of minorities toward Trump leading to an absolute rout of his opponent come November...

...now. if Trump can quit encouraging Putin I might actually vote for him. If Reagan in 1980 had been more like Trump the Iranians would never have released our hostages while he was being sworn in.

Cheers.

Herb and Ronnie have something in common. We had this quote hanging on wall of the office where I worked back in the 80's...

surround-yourself-with-great-people-dele

And 30 years later thanks to the Internet I learn the actual quote is this...

Reagan.jpg

As far as presidents go.

As I have stated earlier, it is the times that make the man. At least this time.

Trump will adapt and learn, but he will always be Trump. (Yes, he has a lot to learn).

The one thing he does know is how to surround himself with capable people, which I am sure he will do.

Equally sure that he will not interfere as long as they are carrying out his policies.

Only an idiot (Obama/Hillary) would not follow suit.

all respect to Regan. I think, deep inside, Trump has some soft spots and knows his limits, as well.

"If Reagan in 1980 had been more like Trump the Iranians would never have released our hostages while he was being sworn in."

Trump will handle those people just fine. He's handling everything just fine despite his detractors. He's winning. He's winning against the powerful US elite. He's winning with the people. He's not going to take any shit from or bow to any foreign leaders.

Last month Castro snubbed Obama by not greeting him at the airport when Obama arrived. Trump was flabbergasted and said that if that happened to him he'd leave. I like it.

"If Reagan in 1980 had been more like Trump the Iranians would never have released our hostages while he was being sworn in."

Trump will handle those people just fine. He's handling everything just fine despite his detractors. He's winning. He's winning against the powerful US elite. He's winning with the people. He's not going to take any shit from or bow to any foreign leaders.

Last month Castro snubbed Obama by not greeting him at the airport when Obama arrived. Trump was flabbergasted and said that if that happened to him he'd leave. I like it.

For sure, the world won't come to an end if Trump blusters and fumbles his way around the world snubbing country leaders. Collectively, it will be a return to how the world used to think of Americans abroad as "ugly Americans." So what?

From what I've seen, Trump will blunder through every delicate global relationship it has taken generations to build, and everyone will survive that. The only thing that will be diminished is America's standing in the world.

But, that will already be severely diminished on November 8 if Trump is the victor.

Oh noooesss he did not meet me at the airport!!!........how catastrophic!

If Trump is going to get offended by things like that he is going to have a very lonely and stressful term.

I dare say Trump said what he said becuase reactionaries enjoy it, i would expect should it have been Trump as POTUS he would have done exactly the same as Obama.

And depending on what news you want to believe, it is quite normal for heads of countries to not meet at the airport, but its okay because Trump says it was a snub, so it was a snub.......

He will be laughing all the way to the polls in disbelief that their are actually people who lap up that nonsense.

If Trump is going to get offended by things like that he is going to have a very lonely and stressful term.

I dare say Trump said what he said becuase reactionaries enjoy it, i would expect should it have been Trump as POTUS he would have done exactly the same as Obama.

And depending on what news you want to believe, it is quite normal for heads of countries to not meet at the airport, but its okay because Trump says it was a snub, so it was a snub.......

He will be laughing all the way to the polls in disbelief that their are actually people who lap up that nonsense.

Trump does business with some of the most powerful people in the world, all over the world. Look at NYC. People love him. He cleaned up in the election there. He has to get along with, and have relationships with, the mayor and city council and planning commission and all of the other power brokers. He does FINE.

Trump has been doing this for years and one of the salient points he made in his book "The Art of The Deal" is that you always have to be willing to walk away. People have to know that, too. He would have walked away because if he didn't he'd appear to be weak. Obama looks weak. China runs amok in the SCS while Russia flies too close to a US Navy ship and then barrel rolls a fighter over the top of a US military airplane - all recently. OBAMA is weak.

Look at the trail behind Trump. He doesn't leave enemies in his wake nor does he leave people laughing at him. He's a genius at knowing how to deal with people and being successful at what he does is all about people skills. He has great people skills.

You can't win everyone and you can't win all of the time but Trump has his legacy of winning. Now you just watch him and you'll get surprised. He's going to show you how to "make offers people can't refuse".

Cheers.

Edited by NeverSure

Trump does business with some of the most powerful people in the world, all over the world. Look at NYC. People love him. He cleaned up in the election there. He has to get along with, and have relationships with, the mayor and city council and planning commission and all of the other power brokers. He does FINE.

Trump has been doing this for years and one of the salient points he made in his book "The Art of The Deal" is that you always have to be willing to walk away. People have to know that, too. He would have walked away because if he didn't he'd appear to be weak. Obama looks weak. China runs amok in the SCS while Russia flies too close to a US Navy ship and then barrel rolls a fighter over the top of a US military airplane - all recently. OBAMA is weak.

Look at the trail behind Trump. He doesn't leave enemies in his wake nor does he leave people laughing at him. He's a genius at knowing how to deal with people and being successful at what he does is all about people skills. He has great people skills.

You can't win everyone and you can't win all of the time but Trump has his legacy of winning. Now you just watch him and you'll get surprised. He's going to show you how to "make offers people can't refuse".

Cheers.

all four of his bankruptcy restructurings were done only if he was removed from the management of the companies. he was despised.

Cheers.

Running private businesses with mixed success is a far cry from International diplomacy and relations. In private business you can screw people, make enemies if you want and you alone will live with the consuequences. When you are running a country with 100's of millions of people, where reactions to your actions can be far more servere and affect many millions of people, it is far removed.

Did anyone listen to Trump's speech after Indiana? I did. I admit I look for foibles, and there were many. He continues to contradict himself.

He's like the guy proposing marriage to his girlfriend.......

She (the voting public who are about to get forked) hesitates and says, "but will you always like me?"

Trump: "like you? Honey, I love you. I will love you forever and you will love me forever also! I promise you."

She: "But will you be a nice guy?"

Trump: "I'll be the nicest guy you've ever met. Nicer than anyone else. I wouldn't hurt a flea."

She: "But what if we were driving along a dark rainy road. What would you do if the car got a flat tire, and a group of bullies came and tried to get into the car?"

Trump: "Are you kidding. I would change the tire by myself while at the same time fight off all the bullies. I wouldn't need to fight. They'd see how tough I am, and they would all run into the woods. I would be the toughest guy you've ever known."

Less conjectural: Trump, in his speech said he would be so very tough with foreign leaders. In the next breath he said they would all like him and respect America. He said he would make great business deals for America, and in the next sentence he says everyone loves him, and they will all respect him.

Just a little note to Trump: Respect isn't dictated. It has to be earned. Same for affection. You can't order someone to like you. Trump hasn't figured that out yet.