Is it too late to stop the Donald Trump machine?

webfact

The real ignorance is on the notrump side.

After being breast fed politics, their entire lives...they are unable to think outside the box.

Trump comes along, and beats the system. He snatches the nomination (it's sure) right out from under the noses of Cruz and the Republican Party. They never saw it coming. What you have here is not a country filled with idiots that blindly follow trump.....what you have is a desire to "think politics outside the box" . America is very unpopular...just ask some people from other countries how they feel. It's a no brainer.....despite what any foreign polls come up with.

I do feel sorry for those that do not understand that Politics in the USA, as they know it, can not be accepted any longer...by free thinking people.

We want out so bad, that we are willing to support Trump...just so you brainwashed people don't end up voting for the same old stuff.

War is not always the answer. Good Business and Trade, more jobs is just part of what we want. Trump is a doormat for us...to break into the system (as outsiders). Who knows....perhaps he will kill the Republican Party.....forever. I don't care about parties.

Lets weed out the old and plant the new.

Start using your brains...and stop making the same old mistakes...over and over.

By the way...I am appalled at the anger, aggression and insults notrump people convey. It all sounds so defensive....and makes you look scared and weak.

trump's simplistic solutions wont achieve any of that. your desire for change is understandable but as the world's problems get more and more complex, a buffoon like trump is the last guy that can provide beneficial change. you'll get change all right, but it will not be the kind to do america any good. out of the frying pan, into the fire!

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You don't get it. Trump isn't popular because of policies or "ideals". He's popular because people have had enough of the crooks in the big house in Washington and want someone, anyone to give them a good kicking. So far Trump is the only one that MIGHT do that, so it doesn't matter how many times he "flip flops" or contradicts himself. US politics are clearly broken, but no professional crook politician currently serving is going to give up the gravy train to sort it out. So much for "hope and change"- the past 7 1/2 years have been just business as usual with the usual pork, pork, pork.

If a better person than Trump were to stand for POTUS they'd be a shoo in, but all there is is the professional politician.

He's popular because he trots out a load of unsubstantiated populist nonsense, and there are a large number of people too stupid to question it.

Believe that if it makes you feel better.

I don't know if you are American or not, but if you are, how do you feel, knowing that there are millions and millions and millions of really stupid ( according to you ) people in the US?

superior of course. how do you feel?

LOL

I'm not American so have no feelings either way.

I just want to be entertained by the spectacle of the Donald giving HRC a good kicking in the debates. As a reality tv show it's going to be hard to beat. The Donald against a lying failed ex Sec. State that thinks she can use the Donald's attacks on women against him when she is married to a philanderer that was almost expelled from being POTUS due to lying.

I bet she's regretting not divorcing Bill now.

After being breast fed politics, their entire lives...they are unable to think outside the box.

Trump comes along, and beats the system. He snatches the nomination (it's sure) right out from under the noses of Cruz and the Republican Party. They never saw it coming. What you have here is not a country filled with idiots that blindly follow trump.....what you have is a desire to "think politics outside the box" . America is very unpopular...just ask some people from other countries how they feel. It's a no brainer.....despite what any foreign polls come up with.

I do feel sorry for those that do not understand that Politics in the USA, as they know it, can not be accepted any longer...by free thinking people.

We want out so bad, that we are willing to support Trump...just so you brainwashed people don't end up voting for the same old stuff.

War is not always the answer. Good Business and Trade, more jobs is just part of what we want. Trump is a doormat for us...to break into the system (as outsiders). Who knows....perhaps he will kill the Republican Party.....forever. I don't care about parties.

Start using your brains...and stop making the same old mistakes...over and over.

By the way...I am appalled at the anger, aggression and insults notrump people convey. It all sounds so defensive....and makes you look scared and weak.

Have you noticed that anger towards Trump is all they have? HRC is so bad that they can't hold her up as something desirable for POTUS, so have to rely on denigrating the Donald to try and get her elected by getting Republicans to stay home and not vote.

Won't work, so expect even more vitriol. HRC has how much money for ads? LOTS AND LOTS AND LOTS!!!!!! Guarantee most of it will be negative advertising. After all, HRC has few, if any, good points to laud. All they have is rubbishing Trump.

Bring on the debates, I say. I want to be entertained.

Have you noticed that anger towards Trump is all they have? HRC is so bad that they can't hold her up as something desirable for POTUS, so have to rely on denigrating the Donald to try and get her elected by getting Republicans to stay home and not vote.

Won't work, so expect even more vitriol. HRC has how much money for ads? LOTS AND LOTS AND LOTS!!!!!! Guarantee most of it will be negative advertising. After all, HRC has few, if any, good points to laud. All they have is rubbishing Trump.

Bring on the debates, I say. I want to be entertained.

Some folks on tv are probably collecting some kind of handout..and are scared about their money. That must be why they are so ornery. Trump would be pulling out the carpet from under their feet.

trump's simplistic solutions wont achieve any of that. your desire for change is understandable but as the world's problems get more and more complex, a buffoon like trump is the last guy that can provide beneficial change. you'll get change all right, but it will not be the kind to do america any good. out of the frying pan, into the fire!

No no no.

You still are not comprehending the big picture. You are focusing on Trump. That is not the problem.

You are thinking everyone sees him as a "savior" ...that is not the problem.

Some think people who support Trump are stupid...that is simply absurd...people are much the same.

In the simplest of terms.....Hillary and her crowd have lost our confidence. Politics in general have failed. Wars have failed.

Pretty much everything.

It's time to clean house. Trump is only the way to get the foot in the door. People are waking up...they are voting...there is a movement.

It is bigger than the man...Trump. He just came in at the right time. Pretty much obvious...isn't it? If Trump can win then we have a victory. We get to thumb our noses at conventional politics.

It's I hate the way America is going.....lets shake it up. Trump is doing that.....I am fine with him. His campaign has gotten the attention of BOTH parties. People in America have woken up. The system is not all good. Who is nominating who? The voters get to say what? Only 20 percent of the people in America cast votes in primaries. Many work, or are overseas, or are in the Military. Others hardly care. The election has not even started....but what we see is that voting does not always get the results you would expect. Parties have too much power now. Too much rubbing up to the man in front of you. I am happy Trump wins.

If he proves incapable...he will be impeached...so whats the beef?

Edited by slipperylobster

No no no.

You still are not comprehending the big picture. You are focusing on Trump. That is not the problem.

You are thinking everyone sees him as a "savior" ...that is not the problem.

Some think people who support Trump are stupid...that is simply absurd...people are much the same.

In the simplest of terms.....Hillary and her crowd have lost our confidence. Politics in general have failed. Wars have failed.

Pretty much everything.

It's time to clean house. Trump is only the way to get the foot in the door. People are waking up...they are voting...there is a movement.

It is bigger than the man...Trump. He just came in at the right time. Pretty much obvious...isn't it? If Trump can win then we have a victory. We get to thumb our noses at conventional politics.

It's I hate the way America is going.....lets shake it up. Trump is doing that.....I am fine with him. His campaign has gotten the attention of BOTH parties. People in America have woken up. The system is not all good. Who is nominating who? The voters get to say what? Only 20 percent of the people in America cast votes in primaries. Many work, or are overseas, or are in the Military. Others hardly care. The election has not even started....but what we see is that voting does not always get the results you would expect. Parties have too much power now. Too much rubbing up to the man in front of you. I am happy Trump wins.

If he proves incapable...he will be impeached...so whats the beef?

He's got a point. It's like when David Duke won in Louisiana. It really shook things up. It was a good thing. For the Democrats.

Edited by ilostmypassword

You don't get it. Trump isn't popular because of policies or "ideals". He's popular because people have had enough of the crooks in the big house in Washington and want someone, anyone to give them a good kicking. So far Trump is the only one that MIGHT do that, so it doesn't matter how many times he "flip flops" or contradicts himself. US politics are clearly broken, but no professional crook politician currently serving is going to give up the gravy train to sort it out. So much for "hope and change"- the past 7 1/2 years have been just business as usual with the usual pork, pork, pork.

If a better person than Trump were to stand for POTUS they'd be a shoo in, but all there is is the professional politician.

He's popular because he trots out a load of unsubstantiated populist nonsense, and there are a large number of people too stupid to question it.

I don't know if you are American or not, but if you are, how do you feel, knowing that there are millions and millions and millions of really stupid ( according to you ) people in the US?

He's a Brit. Thus the self inflated opinions.

'Author PJ Rourke is joining other prominent conservative authors like Bill Kristol, George Will and Erick Erickson in continuing to oppose a Trump candidacy.

"This man just can't be president," O'Rourke said, alluding to the nuclear codes the commander-in-chief takes control of upon assuming office. "They've got this button — this briefcase. He's going to find it."

'Author PJ Rourke is joining other prominent conservative authors like Bill Kristol, George Will and Erick Erickson in continuing to oppose a Trump candidacy.
"This man just can't be president," O'Rourke said, alluding to the nuclear codes the commander-in-chief takes control of upon assuming office. "They've got this button — this briefcase. He's going to find it."

Funny ( not ) how democracy has suddenly become unpopular because some people don't like the candidate. Bush the younger was far madder than Trump, yet no one was saying democracy should have been suspended when he was up for re election.

O'Rourke is clearly insane ( or perhaps just really really stupid ) if he thinks Trump can use the nukes willy nilly just because he doesn't like a country.

Sad for America to be honest.

I wasn't trying to assassinate her character. If I wanted to do that I'd bring up her behavior at the Rose Law firm and the Whitewater investigation and the Vince Foster killing. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-508210/The-man-knew-The-truth-death-Hillary-Clintons-close-friend-Vince-Foster.html

Of course you would.

And presumably the accompanying convictions.

Oh.

My message does not appear to have sunk in.

He paid Paula Jones $850,000 to drop the lawsuit and the House of Representatives impeached him for lying under oath and obstruction of justice in the Monica Lewinsky affair.

Has my message sunk in yet?

Was HRC's signature on the check? I do hope that the Trumpists keep playing this card. A brilliant way to ingratiate Trump with women whose husbands cheated on them. And even other woman are going to be crazy about the message, "Your husband cheated on you. It's your fault." Of course, it will appeal to lowlifes who did cheat on their wives. Lowlifes like Donald Trump http://nypost.com/2016/04/03/ivana-trump-opens-up-about-how-she-advises-donald-his-hands/

Edited by ilostmypassword

Funny ( not ) how democracy has suddenly become unpopular because some people don't like the candidate. Bush the younger was far madder than Trump, yet no one was saying democracy should have been suspended when he was up for re election.

O'Rourke is clearly insane ( or perhaps just really really stupid ) if he thinks Trump can use the nukes willy nilly just because he doesn't like a country.

Who is the insane or stupid one? Trump has been all over the map with his flip flops related to the world's most powerful military. One man is an author who puts pen to paper. The other is positioning himself to be in charge of 'The Football' (the name for the football-shaped valise with launch codes, which is never more than a few feet from the president).

Trump is a man who ruined the career of a man who wrote an unflattering report about T's Taj casino. T told him to re-write the report. The other man refused. Trump shouted, "You'll never work again. I'll make sure of that!" and he was right, at least for the next several years - until the man sued Trump for defamation and won. The settlement specified that the amount never be disclosed, but the winner (as opposed to the loser, Trump) said it was very large amount (probably tens of millions).

Great...then the fat North Korean guy might even shut up.

Who is the insane or stupid one? Trump has been all over the map with his flip flops related to the world's most powerful military. One man is an author who puts pen to paper. The other is positioning himself to be in charge of 'The Football' (the name for the football-shaped valise with launch codes, which is never more than a few feet from the president).

Trump is a man who ruined the career of a man who wrote an unflattering report about T's Taj casino. T told him to re-write the report. The other man refused. Trump shouted, "You'll never work again. I'll make sure of that!" and he was right, at least for the next several years - until the man sued Trump for defamation and won. The settlement specified that the amount never be disclosed, but the winner (as opposed to the loser, Trump) said it was very large amount (probably tens of millions).

Not even relevant...but shows Trump can follow up.

A sterling example of the incoherent Bloviator:

VISAS FOR HIGH-SKILLED WORKERS:

1. H-1B visas are bad for American workers. (July)

"Trump’s immigration plan was published on his website in July: it opposed the H-1B program, which allows non-immigrant visas for specialty occupations,

arguing then that it was bad for American workers."

2. H-1B visas are good. (October)

"At the CNBC debate in October, Trump denied that he’d been critical about the program.

I am all in favor of keeping these talented people here so they can go to work in Silicon Valley,” he said.

3. H-1B visas are still bad, according to Trump’s unchanged website. (March)

"At the Fox News debate on March 3, some five months later, Fox News host Megyn Kelly pressed Trump on which of these conflicting views he supports."

4. H-1B visas are necessary: ’I’m changing.’ (March)

“I’m changing. I’m changing. We need highly skilled people in this country. If we can’t do it, we will get them in.

And we do need in Silicon Valley, we absolutely have to have. So we do need highly skilled,” he said.

5. H-1B visas are definitely bad. (March)

"His campaign later released a statement reversing this shortly after the March 3 debate ended.

He reaffirmed this position in the GOP debate on March 10, one week later, vowing to end the program that he noted he uses himself as a businessman."

http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/donald-trumps-rapidly-changing-policy-positions

facepalm.gif

A sterling example of the incoherent Bloviator:

VISAS FOR HIGH-SKILLED WORKERS:

1. H-1B visas are bad for American workers. (July)

"Trump’s immigration plan was published on his website in July: it opposed the H-1B program, which allows non-immigrant visas for specialty occupations,

arguing then that it was bad for American workers."

2. H-1B visas are good. (October)

"At the CNBC debate in October, Trump denied that he’d been critical about the program.

I am all in favor of keeping these talented people here so they can go to work in Silicon Valley,” he said.

3. H-1B visas are still bad, according to Trump’s unchanged website. (March)

"At the Fox News debate on March 3, some five months later, Fox News host Megyn Kelly pressed Trump on which of these conflicting views he supports."

4. H-1B visas are necessary: ’I’m changing.’ (March)

“I’m changing. I’m changing. We need highly skilled people in this country. If we can’t do it, we will get them in.

And we do need in Silicon Valley, we absolutely have to have. So we do need highly skilled,” he said.

5. H-1B visas are definitely bad. (March)

"His campaign later released a statement reversing this shortly after the March 3 debate ended.

He reaffirmed this position in the GOP debate on March 10, one week later, vowing to end the program that he noted he uses himself as a businessman."

http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/donald-trumps-rapidly-changing-policy-positions

facepalm.gif

We're gonna need a new phrase for the English Language.

trumpity-trump (verb or noun) d: when a person flip-flops repeatedly back and forth.

used in a sentence: Son, you've trumpity-trumped so often on your decision, I'm going to give you a time-out until next week, to get your thoughts in order.

Another stellar example of the inconsistent, flip-flopping, opportunistic Bloviator:

“According to voting records, Trump is currently registered as a Republican, but in the past has been registered (and repeatedly voted) as a Democrat.

In fact, he appears to have switched between the two parties at least three times in the past 14 years:In 2001, he switched from Democrat to Republican;in 2008, he re-registered as Democrat; in 2010, he re-registered as a Republican (and maintained that affiliation through 2013)."

"In one of the unabashed contradictions for which he is known, Trump gave at least $105,000 to the Clinton Foundation.

At the first Republican presidential debate, Sen. Rand Paul (Ky.) asked him how he could criticize a charity he himself donated to."

“You’ve donated to several Democratic candidates. You explained away those donations saying you did that to get business-related affairs,” whistling.gif

Rand Paul said. “And you said recently, quote, ‘When you give, they do whatever the hell you want them to do."

“You better believe it,” Trump responded. laugh.png

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2015/12/09/jeb-bush-jokes-of-trump-clinton-conspiracy-theory-heres-a-look-at-the-evidence/

The Great "Outsider". cheesy.gifclap2.gifcheesy.gif

Gotta admit, Jeb nailed this one:

post-206952-0-04736800-1462900022_thumb.

Edited by iReason

BTW, for all you "Trump-can't-win" people . . . Trump is tied with Cankles in today's Reuters . . . having been down 15 prior to Indiana. Amazing what happens when the GOP vote coalesces.

Yes, it's too late to stop the Trump machine.

If the conservative numbers are correct, Trump only needs to keep doing outrageous things to gain voter numbers. Heck, biting heads off little birds worked great for Ozzy Osborne getting more fans, and getting guillotened (in a magic sequence) worked to increase Alice Cooper's popularity. How can Trump top that? He could bring puppies out on stage and bludgeon them with a peen hammer. That would gain attention, and attention is the name of the game. Go Trump!

Snopes has zero credibility on political matters. They are die-hard Democrats.

Funniest crack of the day for sure!

cheesy.gif

David and Barbara Mikkelson are the husband-and-wife duo behind the myth-busting Web site Snopes.com.

Guy Raz/NPRe

snopes_wide-882a6c83a5b88cbed74d328a73a2

'nuff said.

Not sure if this has been posted yet or not, but it is an interesting read...if nothing else, then for the several Dilbert cartoons included...

Donald Trump will win in a landslide. *The mind behind ‘Dilbert’ explains why.

Adams [Dilbert cartoonist], mind you, is not endorsing Trump or supporting his politics. (“I don’t think my political views align with anybody,” he tells The Post’s Comic Riffs, “not even another human being.”) And he is not saying that Trump would be the best president. What the Bay Area-based cartoonist recognizes, he says, is the careful art behind Trump’s rhetorical techniques. And The Donald, he says, is playing his competitors like a fiddle — before beating them like a drum.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/comic-riffs/wp/2016/03/21/donald-trump-will-win-in-a-landslide-the-mind-behind-dilbert-explains-why/?postshare=5531462825098489&tid=ss_fb

It's going to be an interesting summer. Hillary and her team certainly need to think how to counter the tactics well described above by Adams (who likely did the best job of satirizing corporate life ever).

The choice to me is either take the high road and stick to issues or confront Trump head on and cause him to loose his cool. At heart, Hillary is a policy geek, so the high road certainly appeals to her, but in my mind she is going to have to really go after him and get him to throughly blow a gasket many times.

This is going to be very painful to watch and may scar US political discussion for a long time. This, I believe, is why Ryan is choosing to sit it out. He is young enough to let this blow over and attempt to pick up the pieces in 4 years, just like Nixon did in 68.

TH

If the conservative numbers are correct, Trump only needs to keep doing outrageous things to gain voter numbers. Heck, biting heads off little birds worked great for Ozzy Osborne getting more fans, and getting guillotened (in a magic sequence) worked to increase Alice Cooper's popularity. How can Trump top that? He could bring puppies out on stage and bludgeon them with a peen hammer. That would gain attention, and attention is the name of the game. Go Trump!

are you a kid?

Here is an excerpt from late last year when the question in the OP was relevant in terms of the Republican party. It has now become relevant to the country as a whole.

http://manythingsconsidered.com/2015/12/anatomy-of-a-demagogue/
The Burden of Citizenship is Responsibility

There is a burden of responsibility that comes with being a citizen of a constitutional democracy, University of Virginia historian Michael Signer told NPR in a recent interview where he was asked to analyze the new and uniquely American demagogue Donald J. Trump. And if you decide to go with your gut as opposed to caring about those values, then you are hurting this country.

Edited by Rimmer
Edited to reflect fair use rule

^^^ University of Virginia historian Michael Signer,

is a liberal Democrat. and
it is nothing more than a 'hit' piece against Trump.
I note he said nothing about 'crooked Hillary'.

Yesterday (Tuesday in the USA)
Trump won both Nevada and West Virginia primary's,

by a huge margin.

He will exceed the 1,237 required delegates very soon.

No, he will not be stopped.

I have and will vote for him. I will give him a chance.
Much to the dismay of Trump haters on TVF.

I fully expect many more 'hit' articles against Trump.
So what. They will make stuff up.

Edited by howto