Anything On For St.Paddy's Day In Chiang Mai?

somtum16

Feeling a bit homesick today in particular as an Irish guy. Moved to CM a month ago and apart from the odd passing conversation with other foreigners at bars, I've not had much social contact over here. I'm living with my girlfriend and keeping busy with other things so I haven't had a lot of time for making new friends. That brings me to the point of this thread. Is there any decent Paddy's day celebrations on in Chiang Mai tonight? Preferably with friendly people and discounted Guinness would be a nice bonus. Thanks.

Hope you have a great day - it's not easy being green. Try the UN Irish pub.

Unfortunately, he'll have to wait another 364 days now...

There are, at least, two Irish pubs in town but from what I've seen of them - they don't attract all that many Irish expats. They do, however, bring in a healthy number of expats in general.

To the OP - socializing here is a tricky thing; everything is so spread out that there doesn't seem to be an expat "congregation" anywhere. You might try meetup (.com) and see if there's a social group you are interested in. Everything from entrepreneurial get togethers to photography clubs and philosophy discussions.