More suspected corrupt Thai police transferred in continuing crackdown

webfact

More suspected corrupt Thai police transferred in continuing crackdown
Thaivisa Reporters

dn.jpg
Image: dalilynews.co.th

BANGKOK:-- In the continuing crackdown on bent coppers a further batch of officers with "close links to influential figures" have been transferred, it was announced Thursday, Thaivisa News reports.

The transfer of cops in the Region 3 force brings to well over 100 officers who have been relieved of regular duties this week. Close links to influential figures means links to mafia organisations often controlling drugs, gambling and involved in bribery.

Announcing the measures Tawitchart Palasak of Region 3 said that some 17 policemen of several ranks had been identified as "blacklisted" and would be transferred for 30 days to government departments in the region while investigations into their activities take place.

A special committee has been set up to review whether the officers should face criminal charges. Most face investigation at having links to influential figures involved in drugs, gambling and natural resources.

Just Wednesday Bunlert Jaipradit of Region 4 announced 28 potential officers mostly suspected of involvement in drugs. Region 7 reported cops involved in rackets including bribery in shops, entertainment venues, factories and offences related to immigration.

tvn.png
-- 2016-03-18

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hold on.... celebrations and kudos are a bit premature I think. This is what I read:

"... policemen of several ranks had been identified as "blacklisted" and would be transferred for 30 days to government departments in the region while investigations into their activities take place."

"A special committee has been set up to review whether the officers should face criminal charges. "

Is this more "pie in the sky" Thainess? Or will there indeed be some ACTION/follow through/arrests/ incarcerations etc? lol From what I've seen of Lack of Sanctions.... just talk talk and more talk.

Looks like LoS will have to do deals with Afghanistan and various Middle Eastern countries to buy all the carpets and rugs that will be needed.

The brooms are made locally and can be bought from any market stall.

Soon there will be no police left in active posts.

These transfers to inactive posts won't affect the police departments work. These cops have been inactive for a very long time. Their only activity has been to produce more crime instead of deter it.

"...transferred for 30 days to government departments..."

Sounds more like paid leave to me. The message: "Just keep your mouths shut and don't forget to share the wealth with the higher ups".

Seriously...When was the last time you heard of any Thai police kicked off the force for anything short of murder (of the wrong person) or failing to share the wealth?

Edited by jaltsc

It wouldn't surprise me if there are thousands of cops in Thailand who wakes up every single morning and the first and only thing they think about is collecting money from people, planning scams, setting people up, drug deals and other illegal activities, while almost every other cop do not focus on illegal activities, but still do something illegal everyday.

I doubt there are many percent of all the cops in Thailand who never or rarely gets involved in any wrongdoing.

Just imagine how different, how much better it would be in Thailand if all the cops were Scandinavian cops...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

'ties to influential figures'. Well, we all know what that means. It means the cops were paid to look the other way, or assist, in the criminal activity of the influential figure.

So why were these cops not arrested and jailed for taking bribes? And why are the influential figures not arrested and jailed for bribing cops and for their illegal activities?

Transfered for 30 days? In other words, a slap on the wrist and then back to having ties with influential figures. Pathetic.

I don't know if Thailand's police force has an internal affairs dept,

I suspect not,and if they do,they are not doing a good job,they

need honest (i know,difficult) investigators,along with the tax man,

to run a fine tooth comb over these suspect coppers,starting at

the top,as thats where most of the corrupt money ends up,and

clean house,don't know who has the balls to do this,but it needs doing.

regards Worgeordie

regards Worgeordie

Don't need such elaborate setups. Just look into cases of buying and selling promotions.

regards Worgeordie

Don't need such elaborate setups. Just look into cases of buying and selling promotions.

You think promotions are the problem? It's just a little bigger than that, we are talking massive corruption that allows; the theft of oil, people trafficking, drug smuggling and other such like, I think it would be a better idea to audit all the high ranking police, and army for that matter.

It's ramping up!! Only a matter of time till it kicks off !

What is 'ramping up'?

What is going to 'kick off'?

Please do enlighten us, oh all knowing one.

"Ramping up" the purge on the opposition? "Only a matter of time before this kicks off" a backlash from the opposition? Maybe?!?

regards Worgeordie

You think promotions are the problem? It's just a little bigger than that, we are talking massive corruption that allows; the theft of oil, people trafficking, drug smuggling and other such like, I think it would be a better idea to audit all the high ranking police, and army for that matter.

And who would run those forces then? Part of the problem is the corruption is rampant. You get rid of one and their are 10 more waiting to take over to do the same job.