Bundesliga Thread

NiwPix

While there is not so much interest in Bundesliga specific teams, I am sure there is occasional and combined interest in Bundesliga teams, especially when international games are on.

So, this thread should cover all Bundesliga teams and happenings...

Back in the days of yore, I backpacked around Europe at 18 (sowed the seeds of being an expat) and met a couple of Borussia Monchoengladbach fans, one of which became a penfriend (remember them) and then good friend. This was in the 70s and both City and Borussia were decent. We used to send football programmes etc to each other. Since then, naturally I keep a look out for Borussia plus I've always had a soft spot (don't know why) for Schalke. I've also always admired the way Dortmund took it Bayern (especially as I work a lot for a german company and hate the way so many work colleagues 'follow" Germanys ManU, Bayern). Sorry but I have no positive feelings towards Bayern mainly as I got sick of a boss of mine sitting on my desk on a regular basis and telling me how Bayern were the greatest.

happy to talk about it mate. i don't follow the bundesliga that closely really, one because there's only so many hours in a day and two because my favourite german club is fc st pauli. ;)

Looks like Pauli has decent chances coming back to the 1st division :)

Back in the days of yore, I backpacked around Europe at 18 (sowed the seeds of being an expat) and met a couple of Borussia Monchoengladbach fans, one of which became a penfriend (remember them) and then good friend. This was in the 70s and both City and Borussia were decent. We used to send football programmes etc to each other. Since then, naturally I keep a look out for Borussia plus I've always had a soft spot (don't know why) for Schalke. I've also always admired the way Dortmund took it Bayern (especially as I work a lot for a german company and hate the way so many work colleagues 'follow" Germanys ManU, Bayern). Sorry but I have no positive feelings towards Bayern mainly as I got sick of a boss of mine sitting on my desk on a regular basis and telling me how Bayern were the greatest.

Ah, a pen pal. I am / was almost too young to experience that...just got the curve though :)

I like gladbach as well...actually I like pretty much any team except schalke ( d'oh ) and Bayern.

Weird thing is that I actually have a couple of friends that are Bayern fans...never thought this was possible. But we've had quite a bit of fun over the past few seasons :)

Well, there is always a chance. They have the quality to pull it off...the big problem is, they can't bring the quality on the pitch all the time or on a regular basis. They played Bayern Munich recently and "dominated" most of the first half, but at the end lost...I think 1:3. They are still looking for their form...they can be dangerous next season...and this season just occasionally.

• 3 weeks later...

Good thread and nice to have NiwPix as our Bundesliga expert.

Any chance that Wolfsberg (or "burg") will squeak by Real Madrid ?

Well, there is always a chance. They have the quality to pull it off...the big problem is, they can't bring the quality on the pitch all the time or on a regular basis. They played Bayern Munich recently and "dominated" most of the first half, but at the end lost...I think 1:3. They are still looking for their form...they can be dangerous next season...and this season just occasionally.

Though I didn't watch the game, I guess that shows Wolfsburg can do some damage if in good form. But good luck to them when they're in Madrid. I hope they won't be 11 players defending...that would almost guarantee a loss.

Good thread and nice to have NiwPix as our Bundesliga expert.

Any chance that Wolfsberg (or "burg") will squeak by Real Madrid ?

Though I didn't watch the game, I guess that shows Wolfsburg can do some damage if in good form. But good luck to them when they're in Madrid. I hope they won't be 11 players defending...that would almost guarantee a loss.

It could be tough going in Madrid but just one away goal could make the difference. Could be nervy for Zidane's bunch !

Biggest Derby in Germany coming up tonight at 8:30. Schalke vs Dortmund. It should be a good, I just hope Dortmund don't suffer any injuries....we still have to win against Liverpool on Thursday :)

• 3 weeks later...

PPTV clinched a deal with German football club Borussia Dortmund last month to become its official broadcaster in Thailand for a new reality show.The company further got the rights from the club to broadcast official highlights of 42 Dortmund matches a year.

I meant to reply to this thread earlier, but forgot.

I was very excited to read the news ( google: pptv borussia dortmund ), that will give you an article to the Bangkok Post. They also have a deal with Bayern bah.gif Munich. And from doing some research they have the Bundesliga rights together with Fox Sports for this season and next 2016/17. Now I just gotta research how to get PPTV.

Edit:

Wohoooo, I already have PPTV!!! Channel 36 :)

Out for 12 months? I doubt it. I just read on gündogans Facebook page and here "his" statement:

Hi guys,

thank you for your get well soon messages! I'm very sad about not being able to take part in the German cup final and the UEFA EURO 2016 in France either. [emoji53] But to feel sorry for oneself has never been the best solution. After the first shock about the diagnosis it only helps to look forward in a positive way to get fit as soon as possible again. [emoji120][emoji109][emoji109] As in most injury cases you can't exactly tell when you will return - but I will definitely keep you updated about my rehab progress! [emoji111][emoji460]

So, doesn't sound like 12 months to me. More like, after the euros he'll have a better idea when he will return.

Hopefully the purchase goes through for a nice sum.

He does get injured fairly often.

I thought that was the type of injury you just slapped straight back in and ran it off

Finger maybe Bob....Kneecap! No effin chance. Can involve ruptured ligaments and all sorts of pain. You do not want to go there matesad.png

I thought that was the type of injury you just slapped straight back in and ran it off

Finger maybe Bob....Kneecap! No effin chance. Can involve ruptured ligaments and all sorts of pain. You do not want to go there matesad.png

So how would you 'run off' a finger injury, mate?

Just saying!!

cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

^ You obviously never done it mate. biggrin.png You run around in circles screaming (with your little finger shaped like a chair...double dislocation!) until you find a teacher with the <deleted> to straighten it (first one actually fainted!) Tough game schoolboy cricket!whistling.gif

^ You obviously never done it mate. biggrin.png You run around in circles screaming (with your little finger shaped like a chair...double dislocation!) until you find a teacher with the <deleted> to straighten it (first one actually fainted!) Tough game schoolboy cricket!whistling.gif

laugh.png

I did my little finger going for a caught and bowled.

Still crooked to this day!!

Well, it's confirmed. Hummels transfers to Bayern Munich for 35 million Euro.

While I am happy about getting 35 million for him, I am sad to see him go and even sadder that he is moving to our big rival. In secret I was hoping for a Goetze / Hummels switch, but that didn't happen. But I still didn't give up on possibly getting goetze. He will most likely leave Munich at the end of the season...but where?!

So what do you think of gündogan as a player? Would we be buying quality or not? What could we expect from him positionwise?

He's fantastic. Also another loss for us ( but we have a GREAT talent coming from our youth department...keep eye out for "Weigl" and "Pulisic" ). Gündogan has a great overview of the pitch and can pass the ball. I would probably even rate him better than Özil.

He has one major downside: Injury prone. He is injured fairly often. Keep him off the injury list and he is a starting player for ANY team in the world.

We ( Klopp ) bought him for 6mio Euro from Nürnberg a few years ago. Let's see how much we get for him now....I'm hoping 35-40mio.

Archived