Buying Mazda 2 - what extras expected?

eemass3d

I am looking to buy the new Mazda 2 sedan (Hi Connect - 617k baht version). What extras should i expect from the dealer (or i should ask for?). Any way they do discounts or extra items.

I have been offered the usual - 1 year first class insurance, license plate & registration, Window films, mats, waxing, 500 baht worth fuel.

Anyone else has experience with Mazda? Please share your experience. Thank you!

Mazda's make good cars, and you won't run into problems.

One point of advice, last year we did extensive testing for Idemitsu (OEM oil maker for Mazda) and had one Mazda 3 Skyactiv run on OEM fluids and one Mazda 3 Skyactiv run on aftermarket fluids.

The transmission on the latter one broke down after only 150 km as the ATF oil needed for those skyactiv transmissions seems to be quite special. Other items didn't show much problems.

So try to at least use OEM ATF oil for the skyactiv models.

What MST told us is that the Skyactiv transmission is a combination of technology of CVT, dual clutch and a normal ATF.

So the oil that Idemitsu makes for it is especially engineered to work with that technology. They told us that even if you have an aftermarket product with the same weight, then the additives to the oil are too different to let the transmission work properly, which eventually resulted in our test car braking down before Farm Chokchai :)

Hi

I bought a Mazda 2, 1500 petrol, smashing car, I drive 600 kilo quite often, never any problems. When I bought the car, my wife had a friend who worked for Mazda Bangkok, they were selling the same model 20,000 baht cheaper, the company matched that price in the town where we live and also gave me rear parking sensors free, along with what you have been offered.

Hi

I bought a Mazda 2, 1500 petrol, smashing car, I drive 600 kilo quite often, never any problems. When I bought the car, my wife had a friend who worked for Mazda Bangkok, they were selling the same model 20,000 baht cheaper, the company matched that price in the town where we live and also gave me rear parking sensors free, along with what you have been offered.

I think its 1.3 petrol or 1.5 diesel. Not sure if 1.5 petrol available here.

As for the reverse sensor, is it a reversing camera or just audio sensors?

One thing that's good to know about when you enter into the negotiation is the costs involved in the extras they offer. When i bought my last car i was quite chuffed with getting them to agree to extras like remote alarm and rear sensors. I foolishly imagined that having extras on the car would be like back home, as in the extras are fitted at the factory at the time of car production by experts.

I later found out that all they do is get a local back soi garage to come and pick up the car and take it to have cheap aftermarket Chinese products fitted, total cost of which not much more than a couple of thousand baht.

I think in retrospect i would ask them to take money off the price and then go and have the stuff fitted myself. At least then i can know what is being fitted and supervise things a bit.

Window films: check carefully and ask what they want to use!

In 2011 I got ridiculously tinted stuff overnight (next day pickup).

Got it teared out after 3 days and replaced at a specialized shop (at my own cost) wink.png

Apart from that it runs smooth without the slightest problem since Aug 2011.

(done regular inspections of course)

Edited by KhunBENQ

Your list of extras seems ok and is standard.

We use the brand Lamina for the window films and they seem to ok. We don't have a long-term experience, because we replace the car after about 3 years.

We have Mazda's since I am living in Thailand (2008) und just bought or 7th car from them. We are very satisfied with our dealer. But not all are the same. Mazda Petchburi is our dealer. It is the biggest in Thailand and has a low fluctuation in staff. So we have the same person of contact since years.

Mazda Hua Hin (where we live) has a bad reputation. We bought our 3rd car from them, but then change back to Mazda Petchburi for maintenance and buying new cars.

We currently own a CX-3, the new CX-5 and a BT-50. Our former cars were 3 Mazda 3 Hatchback (all Models) and the first generation CX-5.

Some weeks ago, I was passenger and driver in the new Mazda 3 Sedan (Diesel, top model) on a drive from Roi-Et province back to Bangkok (about 550 kilometres). We were 4 people (3 Thai and me) and I was impressed about the space and comfort in the back seats (I am 1.71 metres tall). I was also impressed about the power of the small Diesel engine.

IMHO, Mazda currently sells the technological most advance and nicest car, you can afford in Thailand. The interior and exterior design is a matter of personal taste, of course. I am very impressed of their engines and transmissions. It is quite a big step forward from the Ford technology they use in their former models.

Got it teared out after 3 days and replaced at a specialized shop (at my own cost) wink.png

Thanks for the tip.

What brand of window film should i ask for (and which ones usually they will agree to do for free?)

I can't help with brand names at the Mazda shop.

Mine is "V-Kool" and 70% translucence(! not 70% dim).

Unusually transparent compared to what many Thais prefer.

They like to hide behind dark tinted windows.

Terrible and dangerous in the night.

Like riding on a haunted house.

Edited by KhunBENQ

Some weeks ago, I was passenger and driver in the new Mazda 3 Sedan (Diesel, top model) on a drive from Roi-Et province back to Bangkok (about 550 kilometres). We were 4 people (3 Thai and me) and I was impressed about the space and comfort in the back seats (I am 1.71 metres tall). I was also impressed about the power of the small Diesel engine.

Do you mean Mazda 2?

Do you mean Mazda 2?

Yes, it was a Mazda 2 - sorry. (It is hot and too many numbers...)

That will upset the Black TintedTrucky lot and the Backward Baseball Cap Mobgigglem.gif

One thing that's good to know about when you enter into the negotiation is the costs involved in the extras they offer. When i bought my last car i was quite chuffed with getting them to agree to extras like remote alarm and rear sensors. I foolishly imagined that having extras on the car would be like back home, as in the extras are fitted at the factory at the time of car production by experts.

I later found out that all they do is get a local back soi garage to come and pick up the car and take it to have cheap aftermarket Chinese products fitted, total cost of which not much more than a couple of thousand baht.

I think in retrospect i would ask them to take money off the price and then go and have the stuff fitted myself. At least then i can know what is being fitted and supervise things a bit.

You are quite correct on the rear sensors. You would think Mazda would put some knockouts there so the job would be easy. Not so it requires drilling. Sorry but I am not letting anyone near my new 3 model with a drilling machine. Opted for the rear camera instead where there is a knockout and it's pre-wired to boot. No pun intended. Picture is very clear and is on the original display.

Den

Den, so did you get the mazda guys install the reverse camera for you or you did aftermarket? Whats the brand and cost involved? Also if you could share the shop location (if in Bangkok). Thank you!

You are quite correct on the rear sensors. You would think Mazda would put some knockouts there so the job would be easy. Not so it requires drilling. Sorry but I am not letting anyone near my new 3 model with a drilling machine. Opted for the rear camera instead where there is a knockout and it's pre-wired to boot. No pun intended. Picture is very clear and is on the original display.

Den

Den, so did you get the mazda guys install the reverse camera for you or you did aftermarket? Whats the brand and cost involved? Also if you could share the shop location (if in Bangkok). Thank you!

Den

Sorry I am in Pattaya. The camera was fitted after I bought the car and realized there were no reversing sensors fitted. That was surprising as I bought the top of the range. Anyway it was done at the Mazda dealers and they did a good job. On another point I also got a shock when I realized I had to buy the flash drive for the navigation system. I don't remember the exact price of the camera but it was only a couple of thousand baht. The flash drive was I think 14,000 baht. OUCH

Den

Den

There are aftermarket reversing sensor systems that do not require any drilling - each sensor is 2 parts - an outer sensor and a receiver in the inside of the bumper. All just stuck on with adhesive tape.

Den

Sorry I am in Pattaya. The camera was fitted after I bought the car and realized there were no reversing sensors fitted. That was surprising as I bought the top of the range. Anyway it was done at the Mazda dealers and they did a good job. On another point I also got a shock when I realized I had to buy the flash drive for the navigation system. I don't remember the exact price of the camera but it was only a couple of thousand baht. The flash drive was I think 14,000 baht. OUCH

Den

It is a bit bizarre, when considering the cheapness of the technology, that reversing sensors aren't fitted as standard from the factory in all cars these days.

Out of interest, how did you get the assurance that your Mazda dealer would do the work themselves rather than subcontract? I'm surprised that they got involved in that type of work unless it was a Mazda product they were fitting.

At one time when i was close to buying a Honda i had negotiated leather seats. Thought i'd done really well but it turned out that the Honda dealership had outside upholsterers who come in on a subcontract type basis and fit what i imagine is some sort of cheap synthetic leather. Again i was naive in thinking that leather seats were an extra that got fitted at the factory. The thought of some not particularly qualified trainee getting to strip out all the fabric of my brand new car to fit some cheap knock-off product that would be loose and saggy within the year didn't thrill me.

Den

Den

It is a bit bizarre, when considering the cheapness of the technology, that reversing sensors aren't fitted as standard from the factory in all cars these days.

Out of interest, how did you get the assurance that your Mazda dealer would do the work themselves rather than subcontract? I'm surprised that they got involved in that type of work unless it was a Mazda product they were fitting.

At one time when i was close to buying a Honda i had negotiated leather seats. Thought i'd done really well but it turned out that the Honda dealership had outside upholsterers who come in on a subcontract type basis and fit what i imagine is some sort of cheap synthetic leather. Again i was naive in thinking that leather seats were an extra that got fitted at the factory. The thought of some not particularly qualified trainee getting to strip out all the fabric of my brand new car to fit some cheap knock-off product that would be loose and saggy within the year didn't thrill me.

It was easy because I took the car to the dealers and watched the guy in the workshop do the job.

Den

OP, there's an oversupply of Mazda 2 diesels in the market right now. Definitely worth pushing for a deal if a diesel model interests you

The price difference between petrol and diesel turned me off for the diesel (since the petrol is also so cheap now) and its already a fuel efficient car.

I bought a 2012 Mazda2 Sport second hand a couple of years ago with 10,000 kilometers on it. I knew the owner and they had taken very good care of it, I have been very happy with the purchase and have had no problems with it what so ever. It is an automatic that is nice to drive here in Bangkok and small enough to navigate in the small narrow soi in my neighborhood. It has a nice options package with the back-up alarms, upgraded stereo with DVD and a theft protection alarm

.post-146890-0-52925000-1458612030_thumb.

When I bought my Mazda 3 last year they did not reduce the sticker price but I did receive for free, all weather rubber mats, car cover, window tint, upper window trim, one year first class insurance, coupons for 4 free oil change services and since they did not have a model in stock that I wanted with NAV they threw the NAV in at 50% off and installed it later..

Whats the usual warranty period / KM for Mazda's ?

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

3 years, or 100,000KM - whichever happens first.

All mainstream Japanese and American brands have the same policy - the only exceptions are Ford who can offer and extended warranty up to 5 years / 150,000KM for an additional fee, and Mitsubishi who from time-to-time offer a 5 year/150,000KM as a special sales campaign (but which you can't buy otherwise).