800,000 for retirement extension: Exactly when?

Do you know if the Australian embassy also does this?

They do them as a statutory declaration and ask for no proof.

Thank you again joe.

I looked on the Aus embassy web site but couldn't find anything.

Seems like the Americans and Brits embassies look after their people in thailand.

What of my chances of getting a completed stat. dec. by mail from the Aus embassy? Probably none.

I'll give them a ring tomorrow.

Edited by ubonjoe
moved reply to quoted text

On 3/20/2016 at 2:59 PM, carlyai said:
On 3/20/2016 at 2:46 PM, ubonjoe said:
On 3/20/2016 at 2:35 PM, carlyai said:

Do you know if the Australian embassy also does this?

They do them as a statutory declaration and ask for no proof.

Thank you again joe.

I looked on the Aus embassy web site but couldn't find anything.

Seems like the Americans and Brits embassies look after their people in thailand.

What of my chances of getting a completed stat. dec. by mail from the Aus embassy? Probably none.

I'll give them a ring tomorrow.

The don't do them by mail.

They do outreach visits to some locations.

• 6 months later...

In the answers above, it is mentionned that the 800,000 THB should be in the Thai bank account for at least 3 months.

But this is what I read in the FAQ on the Immigration website:

Question : What is the required age of the alien wisthing to stay in Thailand with the reason of Retirement?

Answer : For reasons to stay of Retirement, the alien must be 50 year of age or older and must have been granted a Non-Immigrant visa, firstly. More over, the said alien must have evidences to verify his/her financial status of not less than 65,000 Baht per month or 800,000 Baht per year. Evidences showing financial support are as follows;
       1.  In case of having money in the bank account (Saving/Fix deposit) of any bank located in Thailand.
       -  The updated bank passbook on the date of application submission showing money in the account of not less than 800,000 Baht which has been deposited and consecutively held of such amount for 3 months. ( Except the first application for this reason, that such amount should be deposited and held for 60 days)

My question: what do they mean by "the first application"? Is it the application of the Non-Immigrant visa, or is it the first application for a one year extention of the visa?

I think it is the latter. So I should have the money in the bank  at least 2 months before the end of my OA visa (which I can use for almost 2 years) right?

14 minutes ago, khrai said:

My question: what do they mean by "the first application"? Is it the application of the Non-Immigrant visa, or is it the first application for a one year extention of the visa?

I think it is the latter. So I should have the money in the bank  at least 2 months before the end of my OA visa (which I can use for almost 2 years) right?

It is the first application after using a visa for entry to the country. In your case the money will only need to be in the bank for 60 days.

• Like 1