Non-O Based on Retirement from Savannakhet

Is it possible to get a multiple-entry non-immigrant type "O" visa based on retirement at Savannakhet? The discussions that I've seen are for visas based on marriage.

If possible, what is required other than the affidavit of monthly income from the applicant's embassy in Thailand?

Thanks in advance.

Get the info, directly from the horse's mouth! Hence, no confusion!

The Royal Thai Police_Immigration (English speaking tel.# 1155) is the most reliable source of accurate information, in that regard.wai.gif

Edited by TuskegeeBen

The Royal Thai Police_Immigration (English speaking tel.# 1155) is the most reliable source of accurate information, in that regard.wai.gif

Who are you directing that comment toward ?

You might be able to get a multiple entry non-o visa for being 50 or over in Penang if you can show 800k baht in the bank or proof of 65k baht income. If you can show that financial proof you could get a single entry non-o and apply for an extension of stay based upon retirement at immigration.

Savannakhet can be difficult for get a single entry non-o for being 50 or over. Vientiane is the best choice.

No they are not. The MFA issues visas NOT immigration.

No.

The discussions you read were accurate.

A Multi Non Imm O Visa is only available to those married to a Thai.

You can only get a Single Non Imm O based on retirement.

Savannakhet does not issue any visa for retirement only the Thai Embassy in Vientiane does.

if you have proof of funds you could do conversion within thailand.

You should of also wrote it is possible at a few immigration offices. The ones that can accept an application now is a very small one.

No.

The discussions you read were accurate.

A Multi Non Imm O Visa is only available to those married to a Thai.

You can only get a Single Non Imm O based on retirement.

Savannakhet does not issue any visa for retirement only the Thai Embassy in Vientiane does.

Savannakhet can and has issued 3 single entry Non Imm O Visas in the last 6 months to people I personally know, who arrived on the wrong Visa to get an extension based on retirement. As Joe states Vientiane may be the better choice as Savannakhet can be difficult at times.

I think it depends on your reason and circumstances.

1155- Your first friend. That's the Tourist Police Thailand's phone number. Not an Immigration.

I saw a guy get denied a retirement visa in Savannakhet because he just had the financial information - that is, lot's of money in the bank - and nothing else. I don't know exactly what else they wanted.

I saw a guy get denied a retirement visa in Savannakhet because he just had the financial information - that is, lot's of money in the bank - and nothing else. I don't know exactly what else they wanted.

Savannakhet asks for a letter from your embassy confirming you are retired. It is listed as one of their website as a requirement.

Those that manage to get one might have a income letter from an embassy and money in the bank,

• 2 months later...

You might be able to get a multiple entry non-o visa for being 50 or over in Penang if you can show 800k baht in the bank or proof of 65k baht income. If you can show that financial proof you could get a single entry non-o and apply for an extension of stay based upon retirement at immigration.

Savannakhet can be difficult for get a single entry non-o for being 50 or over. Vientiane is the best choice.

This is a new piece of information to me that I have not seen anywhere, "You might be able to get a multiple entry non-o visa for being 50 or over in Penang if you can show 800k baht in the bank or proof of 65k baht income." Could you please confirm or clarify Ubonjoe? Does the multiple entry non-O work the same way as the retirement O/A visa one gets from one's own country that is valid for 12 months and allows you to come and go as you please during the visa's validity? If so, that would certainly be a better option than getting a single entry Non-O and then applying for the 12 month extension afterwards. Thanks in advance!

This is a new piece of information to me that I have not seen anywhere, "You might be able to get a multiple entry non-o visa for being 50 or over in Penang if you can show 800k baht in the bank or proof of 65k baht income." Could you please confirm or clarify Ubonjoe? Does the multiple entry non-O work the same way as the retirement O/A visa one gets from one's own country that is valid for 12 months and allows you to come and go as you please during the visa's validity? If so, that would certainly be a better option than getting a single entry Non-O and then applying for the 12 month extension afterwards. Thanks in advance!

A multiple entry non-o visa only allows a 90 day entry. That means you have to leave the country every 90 days. A non-oa visa allows one year entries.

Getting a multiple entry non-o visa would certainly not be better than applying for an extension at immigration.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
On 6/16/2016 at 7:48 AM, ubonjoe said:

A multiple entry non-o visa only allows a 90 day entry. That means you have to leave the country every 90 days. A non-oa visa allows one year entries.

Getting a multiple entry non-o visa would certainly not be better than applying for an extension at immigration.

Hello, as I do not like to deal with any immigration office, I prefer to leave the country every 3 months for few days. Can you tell me if it is possible now to get a NON-O multi entry for retirement somewhere ?

thanks Ubon.

• Like 1

On 6/15/2016 at 7:48 PM, ubonjoe said:

I am exploring options besides an O-A visa. Does Penang require money in a Thai bank or oversees bank is OK? Do they require police report or health certificate?  I stay in Thailand from Oct - March. One out/in will cover me for the six month of my stay in Thailand. What are the other places I can get an ME O visa (no Thai family) with funds. I know in the US I can only get O-A. I am afraid to get an extension based on 800K in the bank method because rules are not yet clear what happens if money drops below 400K. Can they void my extension and arrest me for overstaying? 

Edited by onera1961

43 minutes ago, onera1961 said:

I am exploring options besides an O-A visa. Does Penang require money in a Thai bank or oversees bank is OK? Do they require police report or health certificate?  I stay in Thailand from Oct - March. One out/in will cover me for the six month of my stay in Thailand. What are the other places I can get an ME O visa (no Thai family) with funds. I know in the US I can only get O-A. I am afraid to get an extension based on 800K in the bank method because rules are not yet clear what happens if money drops below 400K. Can they void my extension and arrest me for overstaying? 

The 800k baht can be in any bank. No medical or police certificate is needed.

As far as I know Penang is the only nearby location that will do one.

You will not need to worry about keeping the 400k baht in the bank until the day you apply for a new extension. The are not going to be checking that the 400k baht is in the bank.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
On 2/1/2019 at 10:00 AM, ubonjoe said:

The 800k baht can be in any bank. No medical or police certificate is needed.

As far as I know Penang is the only nearby location that will do one.

Hi ubonjoe, do you know if Penang are still issuing Non O Multi Entrys based on being over 50, retirement? Is it still a no from Savannakhet?

If so how long does the 800k need to be in the bank for and what other documents are required?

Apologies i did a forum search, but couldnt find any upto date reports.

53 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Hi ubonjoe, do you know if Penang are still issuing Non O Multi Entrys based on being over 50, retirement? Is it still a no from Savannakhet?

If so how long does the 800k need to be in the bank for and what other documents are required?

Penang will still do a multiple entry non-o visa for being for 50 or over. There have been reports of Savannakhet doing them.

At both locations the 800k baht only has to be in the bank on the day you apply. Both want proof of retirement as well.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Boycie said:

What type of documents are people using if they are between 50 and their countries state pension age and not receiving a pension but class themselves as retired?

Proof of UK pension from DWP ,  is retired ..

Edited by elliss

10 hours ago, Boycie said:

What type of documents are people using if they are between 50 and their countries state pension age and not receiving a pension but class themselves as retired?

Some have used proof of income from their embassy showing even a small amount of income. If you can get one that will be accepted.

Others have done a statement by doing an affidavit or statutory declaration at the their embassy that they are retired that was accepted. Just having a stamp from the embassy on it was the reason it was accepted.