Softly spoken Thai women,you must be joking.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMO, spoken Thai uses a particular set of vocal chords/throat muscles in order to generate the required tones/sounds and it can be really grating on the Western ear.

I know people who could shatter a glass at 20 feet when they get going.

Edited by GlutinousMaximus

I've lived in Hong Kong, Thailand, China, Vietnam, Philippines and Cambodia. All Asians are loud, particularly when they think we aren't in earshot. They aren't taught basic manners and the way we were in the West in the 40's and 50's. I won't say they still are as my experiences of the UK are rather out of date.

my ex wife ( thai ) had the worst temper i have ever seen in any woman in my life, when she started she really started using the most vile language even in front of our daughter hence i binned that bitch. her sister was even worse with a big ugly head on her like a wilderbeast.

now ive been with a girl a year or so, at start she was sweet, quiet, we have started to have arguments and last week she exploded with obsentities, she even posts on facebook for me to get to f:::k out of her life etc next day she cries to get me back wt f ? so now i am reconsidering my options with her too.

never ever again will i make the same mistake and stay in a long term relationship with a woman with a rotten vile bad temper.

It is all matter of education. More educated Thai women do not speak loudly or like a child...specially is they are world travelers.

Exactly.

I beg to differ about the education or world traveler thing. Just last night we piled in the big Everest to go and eat seafood by the seashore, brother in law, sister in law, their three kids ages 3, 6, and 7, my wife, and the mother in law. Now all but mom and children are graduate holders of master's degrees, my wife has travelled over seas on numerous occasions, and sister in law did her masters in Australia. I digress, before having children the SL was quite soft spoken like my wife, but I'll tell you what last night for the 30 minutes drive to and from the restaurant, I was treated to the most grating cacophony of noise I can remember in recent history. Mom, wife and SL yapping away about this and that food and what the kids will and won't eat all the while kids doing what they do. My sweet mild soft spoken wife wasn't nearly the Match for mom and SL, but she was getting a few chops in of her own.

I am left to consider this, could being a mother have something to do with it? Dad just drove the car while I sat in the front seat, both of us in silence.

One further point, they are from the south of Thailand and I find southern Thai to be especially annoying.

Flame on!

my ex wife ( thai ) had the worst temper i have ever seen in any woman in my life, when she started she really started using the most vile language even in front of our daughter hence i binned that bitch. her sister was even worse with a big ugly head on her like a wilderbeast.

now ive been with a girl a year or so, at start she was sweet, quiet, we have started to have arguments and last week she exploded with obsentities, she even posts on facebook for me to get to f:::k out of her life etc next day she cries to get me back wt f ? so now i am reconsidering my options with her too.

never ever again will i make the same mistake and stay in a long term relationship with a woman with a rotten vile bad temper.

Been there, done that.

My Filipina ex once chased me with a f…ing great knife & a long screwdriver.

Mind you, l was stirring her up, so l probably would have deserved what l would have got if she had caught me. lol!

l blamed the hot Spanish blood carousing through her veins, but maybe its an Asian thing.

My Thai wife is soft spoken. She never raises her voice to me or anyone else. But hes she does have different tones. But none are ever telling in anger, She does not really get angry.

It is all matter of education. More educated Thai women do not speak loudly or like a child...specially is they are world travelers.

Exactly.

As i said already in my quote. I joined many meetings with other graduates. Nice and not loud. It's indeed a matter of education. Not an ethnic matter

Thai language, musical it ain't. Can be quite grating sometime.

English is equally as irritating imo,cespecially when spoken by the englush.

The most fascinating language I've ever listened to without understanding a word is Xhosa. The most dramatic is Italian.

The most fascinating language I've ever listened to without understanding a word is Xhosa. The most dramatic is Italian.
The Italians are very emotional imo.

I had to google Xhosa, fascinating indeed.

http://youtube/KZlp-croVYw

Edited by neverdie

That being the case you DO NOT want to be around a bunch of gaggling, haggling Vietnamese Women.

That language and the sound of their voices has got to be the most annoying sounding language in all of humanity.

Cheers

I find the opposite; i.e. very few foreign (non native) English speakers can speak English properly so that it doesn't irritate me.

I'm waiting for the "My Thai/Chinese MBA, millionaire's daughter, wife never raises her voice and only murmurs gently when articulating a sentiment" brigade to emerge...

My wife doesn't even fart unless she is in the bathroom; and it has such a sweet mellodius piccolo-like quality, but absolutely no aroma.

Mine farts pretty much, but same as yours, never smell bad. An other amazing thing about thai ladies...

I must have found the only quiet one in all of Thailand. Married 8 years; never have heard her raise her voice. Likewise for her entire family. Maybe I got lucky; maybe I have higher standards. FWIW (since someone brought it up), they are Chinese-Thai but not hi-so & not millionaires. All are college-educated.

As degraded as it may sound, I had a "shopping list" when I was single. The list included that she get along with her parents & siblings, in a peaceful household. Was once married to a very loud Filipina with all kids of strife & conflict within her family. Predictably, that strife & conflicted invaded my home after a while and you can guess how long that lasted.

I think you need to meet some Middle Class Thais. My MC friends are soft spoken. But I have to say the street vendors around Soi 4, for example, are all soft spoken. IMHO

If you are near Suk and Asoke go into True Fitness. Mostly Thais and NO yelling.