Softly spoken Thai women,you must be joking.

Thai language, musical it ain't. Can be quite grating sometime.

English is equally as irritating imo,cespecially when spoken by the englush.

I find the opposite; i.e. very few foreign (non native) English speakers can speak English properly so that it doesn't irritate me.

I asked a French girl years ago, how spoken English sounded to her ears. She gave me the impression that it wasn't at all offensive, but maybe she was just being polite.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thai language, musical it ain't. Can be quite grating sometime.

English is equally as irritating imo,cespecially when spoken by the englush.

I find the opposite; i.e. very few foreign (non native) English speakers can speak English properly so that it doesn't irritate me.

I asked a French girl years ago, how spoken English sounded to her ears. She gave me the impression that it wasn't at all offensive, but maybe she was just being polite.

Maybe you were speaking English and she couldn't understand you....

It is all matter of education. More educated Thai women do not speak loudly or like a child...specially is they are world travelers.

Exactly.

I beg to differ about the education or world traveler thing. Just last night we piled in the big Everest to go and eat seafood by the seashore, brother in law, sister in law, their three kids ages 3, 6, and 7, my wife, and the mother in law. Now all but mom and children are graduate holders of master's degrees, my wife has travelled over seas on numerous occasions, and sister in law did her masters in Australia. I digress, before having children the SL was quite soft spoken like my wife, but I'll tell you what last night for the 30 minutes drive to and from the restaurant, I was treated to the most grating cacophony of noise I can remember in recent history. Mom, wife and SL yapping away about this and that food and what the kids will and won't eat all the while kids doing what they do. My sweet mild soft spoken wife wasn't nearly the Match for mom and SL, but she was getting a few chops in of her own.

I am left to consider this, could being a mother have something to do with it? Dad just drove the car while I sat in the front seat, both of us in silence.

One further point, they are from the south of Thailand and I find southern Thai to be especially annoying.

Flame on!

College, University, or superior education is not what I was referring to. Family education is what matter most, in any culture and country, not always related with school. Particularly, I think that when an Asian women is "educated" is absolutely delightful to the senses in every way and occasion