Police investigate rape of teenager in Pattaya

webfact

Police investigate rape of teenager in Pattaya
Thaivisa Reporters

pat.jpg

PATTAYA:-- A teenager was lured by to a house in Jomtien by a Facebook "friend" after being promised a tattoo and was then raped, it was claimed Tuesday, reports Thaivisa News.

Police were called to a major disturbance in the middle of the night in Jomtien soi 13, as an angry group of youths and an older relative of the alleged victim gathered to seek retribution.

The 17 year old girl known only as "A" told investigating officer Temtrong Rotsiri that she had met a guy called Safe on Facebook. Knowing that she wanted a tattoo he had suggested they meet and he would take her to a friend who had a shop. Instead he took her to his house and raped her, she said.

Following the incident the boy's parents got involved with his father taking a stick to him before he was taken home. However, angry friends and relatives of the girl then decided to head to Safe's house to seek instant justice.

"A" was taken to hospital while police are in the process of gathering further evidence before proceeding in the case.

tvn.png
-- 2016-03-22

Instant justice is good, if you are really really really sure of what happened.

And if so, it is usually REAL justice, not just a 500 baht slap on the wrist. Emphasis on really really really sure, not just really really sure.

If anyone reads the beginning of the Sicilian Mafia they started in a similar way. The police would not do anything even if they knew who committed a crime, the mafia members would do it for them. We know it has totally changed from its beginnings but it was the lack of police action, for similar reasons i.e. the culprit had money etc, that gave them the impetus to band together

Instant justice is good, if you are really really really sure of what happened.

And if so, it is usually REAL justice, not just a 500 baht slap on the wrist. Emphasis on really really really sure, not just really really sure.

And every now and again it is administered to the wrong person or in response to a pack of lies.

Probably still the best likelihood of 'justice' to be had here though.

a long time ago,i went (with my then wife) to Northern Cyprus.There were not many tourists in those days,as NC had just opened up as a holiday destination.We stayed at an hotel(just built) in Kyrenia.One night there was a live band and,like all other tourists,we did the lets get to know the locals,thing.We danced and sang and drank till the early hours.My wife at that time was a very pretty woman,petite,and good fun.She danced and sang along with everybody else.One character took this as a sign that all English girls were loose.He grabbed her and tried to get her to dance with him.My wife danced with him for a while,but she realised that he was a local that had never seen an English woman before.The dancing got rough and she looked at me with a frightened face.I intervened to stop the problem,but before i could,one of the hotel guys stepped in and stopped it for me.It was apologies all round and i tried to calm the situation by saying that i understood and in no way were we offended.We retired soon after that.The next morning,i went down to the poolside to have coffee.The guy who had tended the bar was there.He was washing down a large stain on the floor tiles.When finished,he came over and said how sorry he was for the night before and that Northern Cyprus had a lot,still to learn about tourism.He told me the guy had been dealt with and that he was in the local hospital receiving treatment for several broken ribs,nose and jaw.I wanted to assure me that this would not happen again and would we still be staying.I told him we would.he also told me that it was dealt with by the locals and that the guy had been given a quick lesson on how to respect tourists.The stain was ,of course blood.

Mob justice rules.