First Date... First Meeting...where to go?

BookMan

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The bar I meet them in IS the first date.

I prefer the hong nam for a first date.

You old romantic you. Thats where I take em after the bar.... cheaper than a ST room and the same end result is achieved.

ST or STD?

The bar I meet them in IS the first date.

I prefer the hong nam for a first date.

You old romantic you. Thats where I take em after the bar.... cheaper than a ST room and the same end result is achieved.

ST or STD?

Well derrr. everyone know ST = short time. get with the program Bazza.

Good grief. Do people do dates? How does that start? Depends on what you are prepared to "invest " Time of day etc. I find Thai cinemas excruciating. So No.

Oh Lets meet in the Mall. I need a new T Shirt. Please help me choose. Is there something you would like?..as I have said before cheap pair of shoes works wonders. Now if you like her: Shall we go back to my place? I don't want to carry stuff around and anyway then you'll know where you can find me. Out of the question, of course if she below par. Flop onto bed. Lets just have a drink and watch some TV, na?, then we can go out to eat. Depends, then, on how long it takes you to get her knickers off. If you want to go the Hi-So route spend some stupid money on one of those hotel roof top bars.

ST or STD?

Well derrr. everyone know ST = short time. get with the program Bazza.

Yes, I know. Just wondering how many recognise the STD acronym.

Don Mega, you must be the guy scoring the tattooed gals calling out at the passing falang at Morning Night Bar on Soi 4 / Sukhumvit with your wonderful insight.

I assume that is somewhere in BKK ?

You will be surprised to know in all my years here I have not spent one single night in BKK and my only visits there is every 2nd year to pop in and sign for my work permit and permission to stay extension.

You have piqued my interest though so at the end of next year (when Iam forced to come to the capital to sign some documents) I might just book a room for the night and check out this so called Morning Night Bar, sounds like it has some candidates that may suit my palette.

Cant go wrong with the cinema.:thumbsup:

Yep, because if she isnt that nice, you can always watch the movie and its not a total loss. :thumbsup:

Bad idea, how do you know if she is nice in a cinema, take her to a pub and feed her alcohol, if she isn't nice you can always "go to the toilet" and if she is then a few drink then nudge nudge wink wink say no more.

My first date with my now partner, was in a coffee shop in BigC. I I had previously met her and her friend at a food stall on my travel back to my condo. They were distributing food to local hostelries, so she wasn't a bar girl. I asked her for her phone number, she agreed. I called her about three times, but she said she was busy, and I shrugged and wrote her off.

To my surprise she phoned me a few days later, said she was free, so hence my choice of venue. Well, as it turned out, after coffee, she agreed to come with me to an Italian restaurant, and I got tipsy, while she stayed sober and smiled. Nevertheless, came back with me to my condo, and that was the start of a now three year relationship.

As to movies on a first date - no way. It's IMPORTANT to communicate - you know, chat her up, see what's she's about. Otherwise a waste of time and money.

On our first date I let her my wife choose, she went for a street vendor for a meal.

came to 50 baht for the two of us, that was 8 years ago, we married 6 months after our

first meeting in Udon Thani.

So the "cheap charlie" approach by her paid dividends cheesy.gif

In my opinion the worse place to go is a cinema....What ya gonna do, sit there in silence for 2/3 hours, when in fact you both should be looking into each others eyes...

These days they've got those love seats where it's easy enough for the lady to take a quick nap with her head between your legs.

Don Mega, you must be the guy scoring the tattooed gals calling out at the passing falang at Morning Night Bar on Soi 4 / Sukhumvit with your wonderful insight.

I assume that is somewhere in BKK ?

You will be surprised to know in all my years here I have not spent one single night in BKK and my only visits there is every 2nd year to pop in and sign for my work permit and permission to stay extension.

You have piqued my interest though so at the end of next year (when Iam forced to come to the capital to sign some documents) I might just book a room for the night and check out this so called Morning Night Bar, sounds like it has some candidates that may suit my palette.

Do you get a two year extension of stay with the two year work permit?

I went on a date, whilst on holiday on Koh Samui. He came to my hotel, we had drinks on the beach listening the The Eagles Greatest hits.

We went to eat and then went to see Elvis. What a laugh we had all evening!! And we did see each other again. and again and even a few more agains.

See not only hansum men can get dates in Thailand - some of us rather nice Farang ladies can too!! He was Canadian.

And the funny thing was that one of my friends who i was holidaying with insisted on chaperoning us the first night!! Or maybe he just wanted to see Elvis.

Reminds me of a lad who was a Friday regular at our Friday meet ups in Lower Suk. He'd been on about a lass from his work for ages until he finally got up the bottle to ask her out. She accepted but as he was a relative newcomer (compared to the rest of us) he had no idea where to take her. Everyone stressed 'Anywhere but NOT Lower Suk', and "Under no circumstances bring her within a kilometre of Lower Suk" and so on. Our local was a perfectly respectable place but surrounded by several less salubrious establishments.

However, as some folks are apt to do he thought he knew better and totally ignored our advice, then the week after he turned up with a lovely looking lady, well dressed and clearly a cut above most of the other women in the area. She was looking around her thinking 'what the heck is this place? Why has he bought me here?" "What does he think I am?" "What sort of bloke comes to an area like this regularly?"

After an hour or so and a couple of drinks she seemed to relax and became more chatty but still seemed a tad mortified at the location. As her English wasn't too hot and my Thai is reasonable, I went and had a chat with her and she voiced her concerns to me as we chatted.

Being a total rat who can see an opening when one pops along once it seemed that the lad wasn't going to be taking her on anywhere nicer, I put in an offer to get her out of there to my 'safe home' (see my above post).

She almost took my hand off. As not to make the lad look too daft, nor wishing to create a 'scene' by strolling out into the night with another lad's date on my arm, I told her to sup up and meet me at the fast food place on the corner of the soi from where we could hop in a cab to nicer environs. She did, and I made my excuses and followed her, and that was the beginning of a two year relationship for me. I got some initial flack for my actions however I was unrepentant for if the fool had had followed our unanimous advice he'd have been quids in, but he left the door wide open.

Excuse me, I don't want to mitigate the seriousness of your post but what do you mean with lower suk? If I think about a girl and lower suk..., well, yeah, lower suk.

Excuse me, I don't want to mitigate the seriousness of your post but what do you mean with lower suk? If I think about a girl and lower suk..., well, yeah, lower suk.

Lower Suk would be an abbreviation of lower Sukhumvit Road, meaning the lower Soi numbers on Sukhumvit Road.

Some crude posts have been removed.

Take a girl somewhere thats a reflection of you. Assuming you courted her, you already know you like her. So if you can show her what kind of guy you are in a few hours, shell better be able to decide if she likes you. If it's a Thai girl though, I suggest something that doesnt involve a lot of talking or intellectualism.

Reminds me of a lad who was a Friday regular at our Friday meet ups in Lower Suk. He'd been on about a lass from his work for ages until he finally got up the bottle to ask her out. She accepted but as he was a relative newcomer (compared to the rest of us) he had no idea where to take her. Everyone stressed 'Anywhere but NOT Lower Suk', and "Under no circumstances bring her within a kilometre of Lower Suk" and so on. Our local was a perfectly respectable place but surrounded by several less salubrious establishments.

However, as some folks are apt to do he thought he knew better and totally ignored our advice, then the week after he turned up with a lovely looking lady, well dressed and clearly a cut above most of the other women in the area. She was looking around her thinking 'what the heck is this place? Why has he bought me here?" "What does he think I am?" "What sort of bloke comes to an area like this regularly?"

After an hour or so and a couple of drinks she seemed to relax and became more chatty but still seemed a tad mortified at the location. As her English wasn't too hot and my Thai is reasonable, I went and had a chat with her and she voiced her concerns to me as we chatted.

Being a total rat who can see an opening when one pops along once it seemed that the lad wasn't going to be taking her on anywhere nicer, I put in an offer to get her out of there to my 'safe home' (see my above post).

She almost took my hand off. As not to make the lad look too daft, nor wishing to create a 'scene' by strolling out into the night with another lad's date on my arm, I told her to sup up and meet me at the fast food place on the corner of the soi from where we could hop in a cab to nicer environs. She did, and I made my excuses and followed her, and that was the beginning of a two year relationship for me. I got some initial flack for my actions however I was unrepentant for if the fool had had followed our unanimous advice he'd have been quids in, but he left the door wide open.

So to summarize, dont introduce her to any of your mates until youre sure shes into you.

Keep it basic, almost primal, get the pleasantries out the way then get down to what you really wanted to start with..........you a physical release, and her an inflation of funds.

If you dont know where to go, get a biology book but be warned, once you have been there, you'll want to go again...biggrin.png its all variations on the same theme after that. thumbsup.gif

Edited by RolandRat