Panic in Lampang as Bus Drives Into Waiting Crowd (Video)

webfact

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

must have been brain failure

"Brain" in Thailand????

Apart from the obvious racism here, what on earth is that supposed to mean? Do you have a Thai girlfriend, is she brainless?

I have a Thai wife of 28 years, half Thai kids and many Thai relatives and friends - are you calling all them brainless? If so a rather ignorant remark.

Woo hoo, the poor little guy is upset because somebody call Thai people brainless. He is absolutely right, if you don't like it, tough banana, go take a valium and a glass of wiskey straight. So you are the lucky one, out of 65-67 million people in this country you found the only one with brain. You should go buy a lottery ticket ASAP before your luck runs out.

"Brain" in Thailand????

Apart from the obvious racism here, what on earth is that supposed to mean? Do you have a Thai girlfriend, is she brainless?

I have a Thai wife of 28 years, half Thai kids and many Thai relatives and friends - are you calling all them brainless? If so a rather ignorant remark.

No they are not all brainless, my wife is college educated, but referring to Thai drivers, yes, it may be a figure of speech, but

there is a big lack of mentality amongst the biggest majority of Thai drivers.

It is not an ignorant remark it is the truth, the amount of fatalities on Thai roads tells you that, so there will be no apologies for my "ignorant" remark.

"Brain" in Thailand????

So you are actually telling us that you can have a meaningful discussion with a random thai person about thai or world politics or why not the national/international economy? Or ask them stuff like what will happen if you drive over a pedestrian with a car that is going around 50 km/h. Or "tricky" stuff like how many days does it take for the sun to orbit the earth.

I wish they'd accelerate that quickly when the traffic light goes green!

Do you mean that the buses you travel on, stop at red traffic lights??? I don't believe it.coffee1.gif

Why would I travel on a Thai bus? crazy.gif

I'm talking about the buses in front of me at traffic lights.

Edited by MESmith

Fairly obviously he returned to the bus, got in, engaged drive (if it wasn't already in gear) or the clutch and a manual forward gear and then for some reason hit the accelerator. If the bus really was an auto gear box model then he could have left it in gear, idling with a handbrake on while he was out, and the revs were not high enough to overcome the hand brake. He could have got back in, and been sitting there and idly blipped the gas pedal for no good reason. The bus would then suddenly overcome the handbrake resistance and he was too shocked/in-experienced/whatever to get to the brake pedal to stop the incident.

I am sure inexperience or inattention are in there somewhere. On a two day trip Chonburi - BKK & home I have seen enough stupid driving -particularly by minibus drivers to last me several months.

"Brain" in Thailand????

No they are not all brainless, my wife is college educated, but referring to Thai drivers, yes, it may be a figure of speech, but

there is a big lack of mentality amongst the biggest majority of Thai drivers.

It is not an ignorant remark it is the truth, the amount of fatalities on Thai roads tells you that, so there will be no apologies for my "ignorant" remark.

Well done, I wouldn't apologize either. I don't think it is an ignorant remarks, it is the absolute truth. I married a Thai lady and I guaranty you she is no rocket scientist.

released the WRONG brake?

How many PARKING brake handles are there on these buses???????

The (THAI) Double deckers seem to be a disaster. They are not allowed on the roads in Europe.

Many of the chassis are from Europe and their bottom part between the axles is the cargo (luggage) compartments which weight of the cargo improves the CG of the bus. Passenger seats are bolted to the flatfloor above the cargo holds. But the Thai had a better idea they use the chassis to build a double decker on it. Something the suspension was not designed for.

I wish they'd accelerate that quickly when the traffic light goes green!

Do you mean that the buses you travel on, stop at red traffic lights??? I don't believe it.coffee1.gif

Why would I travel on a Thai bus? crazy.gif

I'm talking about the buses in front of me at traffic lights.

In that case, I would be more worried about how fast the bus driver can reverse. coffee1.gif

It does not seem to make sense that a bus that had its air brake set could go anywhere at idle. The driver said he was coming back when the bus lurched forward. Why did it not move before that? Maybe a wannabe bus driver/passenger trying out his/her driving skills? Or maybe just pissed off ghost?

How many PARKING brake handles are there on these buses???????

The (THAI) Double deckers seem to be a disaster. They are not allowed on the roads in Europe.

Many of the chassis are from Europe and their bottom part between the axles is the cargo (luggage) compartments which weight of the cargo improves the CG of the bus. Passenger seats are bolted to the flatfloor above the cargo holds. But the Thai had a better idea they use the chassis to build a double decker on it. Something the suspension was not designed for.

Don't know what country you are from but there certainly are duoble deckers in the swedish traffic. Or did you mean the "thai engineered double deckers"? Because yeah, of course those aren't allowed.

"Brain" in Thailand????

So you are actually telling us that you can have a meaningful discussion with a random thai person about thai or world politics or why not the national/international economy? Or ask them stuff like what will happen if you drive over a pedestrian with a car that is going around 50 km/h. Or "tricky" stuff like how many days does it take for the sun to orbit the earth.

I think you should tell us how many days it takes for the sun to orbit the earth.

Truth is , he probably forgot to put gears in reverse instead of forward. But that's Thai PSV drivers all over. The buffalo that he was driving last month did'nt have a reverse gear, so he is not used to it yet.

"Brain" in Thailand????

I think you should tell us how many days it takes for the sun to orbit the earth.

Maybe a more interesting thing to discuss would be your lack of understand what the "tricky" thing meant in the sentence?

Edited by Asheron

Maybe a more interesting thing to discuss would be your lack of understand what the "tricky" thing meant in the sentence?

So, what is the answer to your tricky question?

So, what is the answer to your tricky question?

Seriously? I guess you have been "thaified".

Anyway, this[1] should give you a good enough clue that i meant with the "tricky" thing.

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_System

Asheron:

Seriously, can you answer your own question? (the question that is too tricky for a Thai).

Just answer it - no more prevarication.

Answer: Zero, the sun does not orbit around the earth.

Was it reaaallllllyyyyyyy thaaaaat haaaaarrrrrrd to comprehend?