Where can I buy Strattera? Generic name: Atomoxetine

peter1965

I have ADHD and Strattera has been working wonders for me. The hospital charges a fortune for my prescription. (14,000 baht for 6 weeks).

Does anyone know a pharmacy where I can buy the Thai generic brand under the name Atomoxetine?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I could rive to Pattaya if necessary.

Are you currently getting it from a private hospital? All of them overcharge horrendously for meds, typically by 200-500%. Would definitely recommend going to one of the bigger government hospitals, as they are more reasonable and usually have local/ generic versions.

Adderall is neither the same drug, nor a generic, nor a local brand. It is also completely banned in Thailand.

There are locally made brands of Methylphenidate (Ritalin equivalent). None of atomoxetine. In fact, Strattera is still under patent until 2017.

Being not registered in Thailand usually means not available in Thailand (and not legal to import into or sell in Thailand). For drugs for which there is a huge demand (e.g. Indian made ED drugs) , some pharmacies will illegally import (or much more often, sell fake replicas). But I would not expect that to be the case with Strattera.

As has been mentioned, the price you paid included a substantial hospital mark up and you might be able to save a lot just by getting at a different hospital.

• 3 months later...