Motorist Survives Bangkok Rama IV Road Assassins

webfact

It's so difficult to read English, it was not a police officer that was sitting next to the attacked man, but his girlfriend....

Thank you for the help. I thought that it was Lt. Col. Yanyong who was his girlfriend.

Not really sure how he survived. A tight grouping with multiple torso hits. Some will say

he was not wearing the correct lucky amulet. I say his amulet was working overtime. rolleyes.gif

The close grouping of the bullet holes would indicate someone who is proficient in guns. Perhaps army or police training or someone who frequents gun ranges

Not necessarily. If you look at the video he was standing right in front of the windshield of the stopped car when he was shooting, he was not on the mc. Less than a meter away from target. I thought the same thing until I saw the video. At that distance, you could close your eyes and probably group it. smile.png

I disagree with you. The shots were fired so quickly. Anyone inexperienced would have lost their Ain even at close range due to the kickback. This shooter is no stranger to firing a weapon

Not that quickly and he is in a two hand stance with a semi-auto most likely 9mm to keep the gun rise down. The first 4 shots were actually quite slow, the last 3 he sped it up. At that distance the spread is actually pretty wide considering he was nearly on top of the windscreen, I could do that at 50+ yards, but than I'm military trained. I'm not saying it isn't as you state but saying you don't have to be that proficient with a firearm to do that at that distance.

However, the sheer cold bloodiness of it may be a hint to the type.

Not that quick or accurate for some, but he did fire 7 shots in about 5 seconds. Granted the shot grouping was not very tight (it probably could be covered with sheet of copy paper), but this could be the result of being nervous, unable to see the sights due to surrounding lighting conditions ( being it was dark with multiple streetlight, headlight glare and the blinding muzzle flash after the first shot), then the shooter just pointing the gun and firing. That being said even with military or police training, most shooters would probably not be able to shoot a pattern this size with a semi-auto handgun at 50 yards, shooting offhand and firing 7 rounds in 5 seconds even in the daylight. Except maybe you and myself 25 years ago. I once fired 6 rounds at six 9 inch round steel plates spaced 20 inches apart on their centerlines, from a distance of 25 feet away. My weapon was a Colt Government Model 45 acp loaded with 220 gr. semi-wadcutter hand loads. The weapon was holstered with the safety on and on the buzzer, I drew, fired and knocked down all 6 plate in less than 3.4 seconds. I started my training with a Daisy Red Rider, shooting Sparrows in my Grandma's chicken coop at the age of 9.

The close grouping of the bullet holes would indicate someone who is proficient in guns. Perhaps army or police training or someone who frequents gun ranges

I would say the exact opposite. 6 shots hit the victim and he is in a stable condition. Either they were using pea shooters or incredibly bad shots.

These are frequent occurrences in Thailand. The message is, stay away from the wrong people and live to collect your pensions.

Bangkok police hunt for gunman in predawn shooting on Rama 4 road

312-wpcf_728x409.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Metropolitan police are now hunting for the gunman who shot and seriously injured a motorist in a chase on Rama 4 road this morning.
The victim’s wife was also injured in the shooting which happened at 5.20 am near Klong Toey.

According to Bangkok acting police commissioner Pol Lt Gen Sanit Mahathavorn, personal conflict might be the motive of the shooting, after the questioning of the injured woman.

According to Tha Rua police, the gunman riding on the pillion of a motorcycle chased the Toyota sedan from Klong Toey along Rama 4 road firing shots at the rear.

It was until the motorcyclist successfully overtook the car and the pillion ride fired seven shots at the driver, Suvit Ananatichai, through the front windshield hitting Suvit on the stomach and arm, and the woman was hit on one leg.

The two men then fled the scene, while the two injured were rushed to Chulalongkorn hospital by a Tuk Tuk driver.

Suvit was declared out of danger after a surgery to remove the bullets.

The shooting was witnessed by several motorists and was also captured in video by a taxi driver with car video camera.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/content/156457

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2016-03-24

This has become the wild west. Thailand is definatly losing it's luster.

The wild west? Cars getting shot up happens all over the world including the US and even in places such as the UK where gun laws are highly strict

Yes. No-one has written that this only happens in Thailand. But this is a Thai forum, Understand?

I wonder if, in the dark, with the tinted front window, they thought Lt. Col. Yanyong Suwansa-ard was driving?

Why would the police spokesperson for the investigation have been driving?

Because the stroy was written so poorly it implies it. Those who speak English well would pick that up.

Ex-Husband Prime Suspect in Attempted Assassination on Rama IV Road
By Chayanit Itthipongmaetee
Staff Reporter

14587942251458794243l.jpg
Acting metro police chief Sanit Mahatavorn inspects the scene of an apparent attempted murder Wednesday on Rama IV Road in Bangkok.

BANGKOK — Police suspect the man who pulled up and shot the driver of a Toyota six times yesterday was the ex-husband of the victim’s wife, who was also riding in the car but escaped unharmed.

Police still are searching for the two attackers who pulled alongside Suvit Anannateechai’s Toyota and shot him through the windshield seriously injuring the driver Wednesday morning on Rama IV Road near the Khlong Toei Market.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1458794225

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2016-03-24

This type of incident is not uncommon here, and not only for Thai victims. I recall some time during the 90's an Australian accountant was ambushed and killed while on his way to a factory where he was conducting an investigation into financial mismanagement. One of the most horrific around the same time was a taxi and its passengers recently arrived from Cambodia was stopped on the tollway between Don Muang and the city. The driver was told by the gunmen to hop it, which he needed no encouragement to do, then they proceeded to assassinate the three passengers. I don't recall them ever being caught.

If the motorcyclist was already shooting at the car from behind, I think I would feel justified / desperate enough in not stopping my car to allow him to take more shots. I think I would be tempted to run him over with my Vios. Wouldn't you?

This type of incident is not uncommon here, and not only for Thai victims. I recall some time during the 90's an Australian accountant was ambushed and killed while on his way to a factory where he was conducting an investigation into financial mismanagement. One of the most horrific around the same time was a taxi and its passengers recently arrived from Cambodia was stopped on the tollway between Don Muang and the city. The driver was told by the gunmen to hop it, which he needed no encouragement to do, then they proceeded to assassinate the three passengers. I don't recall them ever being caught.

That was the man auditing a sugar producers factory. Shot by someone on a motorcycle

Shooting from a moving motorbike at a moving car? That is some awesome grouping on the windshield there... No amateur

Did you watch the video at all ? The car was NOT moving , the guy jumped off the motobike BEFORE he fired the shots, another guy was riding the bike. Then they escaped the scene. Edited by balo

why don't all you "firearms experts" take a day off, it is totally irrelevent. ok look how knowledgeable i am, big deal.the guy survived ok,tht's all we need to know.

It is relevant to me.

If this is a hired killer after a specific target, that is quite different from some random road rage incident.

I am happy the victim survived. And the idea of hired killers is certainly disturbing.

But as a random person in a random vehicle, escalating road rage culminating in gun play is of concern to me.

The Thai way of settling business disputes......... Sure saves

time in court, but looks a bit off to foreign tourists. Am stunned

the guy is still alive. Looks like he took all the shot straight to

the chest. He must have seen the gunman coming, and dodged

over the passenger side after the first shot.

Eyes not wide open enough to read the article? Six shots hit his torso and one his hand/bullet holes all grouped together. Doth not compute with a dodge maneuver.