Thai Army engages in special training for national security

webfact

Army engages in special training for national security

SUKHOTHAI, 23 March 2016 (NNT) – The Royal Thai Army has begun special training at the regiment level to enhance joint operations for the security of the nation.

Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Defense Gen Prawit Wongsuwan chaired the opening of the first “Special Infantry Training” and “Special Cavalry Training” sessions for this year at the 3rd Region Army Tactical Training Headquarters in Sukhothai province, which was also attended by army top brass.

The live-fire training will focus on offensive tactics and supportive operations both by land and air. The 1 week session will seek to ready for the forces to carry out national security operations as ordered by the government and precedes further training in April and May of this year.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2016-03-23 footer_n.gif

"The live-fire training will focus on offensive tactics and supportive operations both by land and air. The 1 week session will seek to ready for the forces to carry out national security operations as ordered by the government and precedes further training in April and May of this year."

Talk about going overboard. I thought LM 112, Art. 44, the single internet gateway, censuring the freedom of the press, suppressing social media and harrassing academics and students already took care of national security and returning happiness to the people.

One would hope that the Thai army was prepared before this , if not , better late than never , national security is what they are there for, although in defence of Democracy , the only time the Thai army did anything on home soil , in the last thirty years, was to shoot the crap out of students , which backfired big time..................................coffee1.gif

Army trains for fighting?

Well...yes...that's what they do.

Umm, my stepson is either home on leave or growing vegetables at his barracks (I kid you not).
And wife's nephew a full time houseboy to a General for the 2nd year of his training. That will be useful to a young soldier.

Army trains for fighting?

Well...yes...that's what they do.

Umm, my stepson is either home on leave or growing vegetables at his barracks (I kid you not).
And wife's nephew a full time houseboy to a General for the 2nd year of his training. That will be useful to a young soldier.
I'm sure he would rather be down South getting on the job training! Does your Nephew want to stay in the Army, make it his career?

live-fire training will focus on offensive tactics

Will practice targets be silhouettes of civilians and journalists? Maybe Abhisit and Suthep can supervise the exercises.

Isn't that a reserved occupation for paramilitary thugs? Or does the restriction only apply to indiscriminate use of explosive ordnance?