Swift arrest in sex attack on Russian tourist in Samui - Thai man held

Jonathan Fairfield

When faced with the evidence the alleged attempted rapist broke down claiming he robbed the victim to get money for his two children.

And what was the teary eyes excuse for the attempted rape?

Their mother doesn't understand me.......

Lowlife.. and tourists seem to be the target more and more.

Question, what was the female tourist doing walking alone at night around a temple? when will the tourist especially female learn tha Thailand is a very dangerous place full of predators who come out at night to prey on people walking alone? happens all the time, just read thai visa!

It may happen all the time, but that does not make it right, or acceptable in even a semi-civilized society. So, you are saying she is at fault, I take it?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MY GOD! have they actually put the would be rapist and thief,in the same room as the victim?She would be dying to scratch his eyes out.How can a police force be so insensitive to the victim as to put them less than 3 ft apart.I cannot believe the outrageous behaviour of a force that are meant to protect people.The wanna be rapist should be in a interview room having the shit drilled out of him.At least the victim should have a female officer with her.It just goes to show that we are inconsequential when it comes to any crimes committed against us here.

She does actually more look like she is ready to knife his eyes out rather than be scared of him, Im sure if she was scared, a request for at least a bit of distance would be heeded by the officers

When faced with the evidence the alleged attempted rapist broke down claiming he robbed the victim to get money for his two children.

Question, what was the female tourist doing walking alone at night around a temple? when will the tourist especially female learn tha Thailand is a very dangerous place full of predators who come out at night to prey on people walking alone? happens all the time, just read thai visa!

The two French women raped in Koh Kood were walking with two French men who were also attacked and stabbed. Better not walk around at night at all or better still don't come to Thailand, if you don't want to raped and murdered.

Women, men, children, dogs, barnyard animals-raped, abused, murdered all over the world every moment of every day, and in the vast majority of cases, by men.

And blaming the woman as she wanted to have a walk is the wrong answer to these crimes. He attacked her. Teach men to not attack, not women not to walk.

Do Thai guys do construction work? Thought that was reserved for Burmese?

The guy confessed to 4 other attacks and this is the first time we've heard about similar attacks?? Oh, that might drive away tourists...

Yes, stupid Russian woman should know better than to wander around quiet areas in Thailand (or Mexico, or anywhere) late at night. And definitely no making out on the beach in Koh Tao with your boyfriend...

Yikes! They forced her to sit next to him. Very classy BiB

Maybe they regard it as similar to a road accident, if you can get both parties to agree and settle themselves, you don't have to do the policework.

He says sorry and explains his excellent reasons for inadvertently frightening her, she pays 10,000 baht to the BIB for causing the inconvenience of making a charge and life goes on.

I feel no sympathy at all for this low life...

Nor for the sentence he might get... Too bad... Don't do the crime

To blame the victim is bull s***... You should be safe walking at night or any other time of day... That's why society has rules and consequences for anti social behaviour...

what is totally scary in this story is the picture where the victim has to sit right next to the guy who robbed her and then tried to rape her and possibly kill her later......I mean couldn't they get the victim closer to the rapist just for the photo op? An indication how disgusting this is, the victim is trying to move out of the chair to her right.....

Yep, RTP leading the world in Sensitivity Training......

" When faced with the evidence Seksan burst into tears saying he was so sorry for what he had done.

He claimed he had robbed the tourist to get money for his two children as cash from construction work was not sufficient."

Well, he said sorry, and blamed something else as a reason, that is as good as it would get....

500 Baht fine, case closed.... Next....

coffee1.gif

The confession --- = reduced sentance, the attempted rape, how will that help the children ?? the low wage as a laborer, well blame that on the stupid policy of low wages and Burmese imports.

This sounds like the same guy who was following girls and robbing them reported a few weeks back.

Still poverty is no excuse for rape and violent crime but it sure is a contributer.

" When faced with the evidence Seksan burst into tears saying he was so sorry for what he had done.

He claimed he had robbed the tourist to get money for his two children as cash from construction work was not sufficient."

Well, he said sorry, and blamed something else as a reason, that is as good as it would get....

coffee1.gif

The confession --- = reduced sentance, the attempted rape, how will that help the children ?? the low wage as a laborer, well blame that on the stupid policy of low wages and Burmese imports.

This sounds like the same guy who was following girls and robbing them reported a few weeks back.

Still poverty is no excuse for rape and violent crime but it sure is a contributer.

I too wondered if this was the elusive "Benny Hill" from soi 1.

Re: He claimed he had robbed the tourist to get money for his two children as cash from construction work was not sufficient.

Looking at his clothes, hair cut and general appearance .... I doubt very much he's done much construction work in his lifetime let alone support his children. I bet he spends a lot of time and money on his "hair" maintenance program. I guess that's what he calls construction work and child support.

I'm a constuction worker,can't we get duded up now and get a modern haircut.Should we wear our hard hat and safety boots all the time,just so you can identify us,and sneer at us.

Could this be the man who has been attacking women on a hill in Samui a few weeks ago ? I'm not that familiar with Samui but a Russian community posted a big warning on TV and on the island as the police had done nothing so far to catch him ? Good to know if he was caught ???

Nothing to do with this case...but about the wages in Thailand. Was just thinking yesterday after meeting a very respectable lady who has taught herself two different types of work, who studies English by herself and speaks it very well and was willing to have sex with me for money...she does all this to help send her daughter through University. They borrowed 40,000 from the bank for fees etc., How sad and difficult life must be when one can't have a basic living even when you have two jobs. She pays 2000 Baht a month to rent a small room for the two of them. Of course I have known all this already since coming here....but it just seem to sink in more because this lady was such a loving mother and had to go to those lengths to give her daughter an education...She was the complete opposite of your usual "sex worker".

Sorry for going off topic.

PS, I'm aware that in the West you can have many similar stories but most have Social Security of some description.

Oh dear, Dude, work out the math

Cost of the degree would be in the 200k to 500k range for 3 to 5 year course, thats not per yer, thats total

Which can be as little as 7000 a month, both of them only paying 2000 a month in rent, wage at say a Big C would be 9000 a month for 1

Tight, but far from not do-able

In other words, yes, you got scammed

Tight?

You are forgetting:

- two people must eat every day: 100baht x 30 days = 3,000 baht (and that is barely eating)

- Daughter bus to and from school every day 30baht x 30days = 900 baht

- Mom bus to and from work every day, another 900 baht

- I assume they bathe? soap and shampoo another 200 baht

- I assume they need toilet paper and other necessities 200 baht

- Electric bill at least 200 baht

- Water bill at least 50 baht

This leaves them with no fun or going out, no snacks while watching TV, no cable, no mobile, no internet, no new clothes for mom, no new shoes.......

Just subsisting in that little room (2000 baht per month rent is no palace), they would need at least that 9,000 baht income.

Then comes school: tuition, clothes, books, supplies, etc.

It is not easy for any average Thai family to put a child through university, let alone two or three children, and I have the utmost respect for those who prioritize and work hard enough to pull it off:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/860980-chula-graduates-heartfelt-message-to-his-dad-makes-netizens-cry/

....why is the victim forced to sit with the perpetrator....???

...this is totally insane.....

...he was I.D.'d and captured....he confessed....

...theatrics ....so she can hear his 'excuse for being a criminal'......and forgive him........

......or they want to make sure he knows her name and where she is staying....

Where do you get the"forced" bit from? Perhaps she wanted to hear what he had to say.

Nothing to do with this case...but about the wages in Thailand. Was just thinking yesterday after meeting a very respectable lady who has taught herself two different types of work, who studies English by herself and speaks it very well and was willing to have sex with me for money...she does all this to help send her daughter through University. They borrowed 40,000 from the bank for fees etc., How sad and difficult life must be when one can't have a basic living even when you have two jobs. She pays 2000 Baht a month to rent a small room for the two of them. Of course I have known all this already since coming here....but it just seem to sink in more because this lady was such a loving mother and had to go to those lengths to give her daughter an education...She was the complete opposite of your usual "sex worker".

Sorry for going off topic.

PS, I'm aware that in the West you can have many similar stories but most have Social Security of some description.

a few days ago while out on the town a cambodian girl tried to sell me flowers. she was polite and well spoken. she spoke thai already so we chatted. her and her sister have been in bangkok for 3 years selling flowers. she says she is 17 years old. i though what a terrible existence. i dont think she is a member of an organized gang since she was not at all pushy, rude or nasty as organized beggars often are. i did not buy any flowers but i gave them some cash to go eat and they were very happy. made me feel good too.

snippet from bob marley "one drop"

They made their world so hard
Every day we got to keep on fighting
They made their world so hard
Every day the people are dyin'
For hunger (dread, dread) and starvation

coffee1.gif

Only sorry because he was caught.

50 lashes with the cat.

Next case.

what is totally scary in this story is the picture where the victim has to sit right next to the guy who robbed her and then tried to rape her and possibly kill her later......I mean couldn't they get the victim closer to the rapist just for the photo op? An indication how disgusting this is, the victim is trying to move out of the chair to her right.....

True, this is the Thai why. If I was her, I would have stood up and kicked in the face.

but surely its as promoted and the myth perpetuated as the land of smiles

but surely its as promoted and the myth perpetuated as the land of smiles

Not a myth, more of a legend.

....why is the victim forced to sit with the perpetrator....???

...this is totally insane.....

...he was I.D.'d and captured....he confessed....

...theatrics ....so she can hear his 'excuse for being a criminal'......and forgive him........

......or they want to make sure he knows her name and where she is staying....

Where do you get the"forced" bit from? Perhaps she wanted to hear what he had to say.

Perhaps because her Thai is so really good or does the police provide a Russian Thai translator?

Besides that are you Svissgeeze reborn?

So, the police quickly discovered that the likely attacker was a man called Seksan (alias Joe) Thongphijit, went to arrest him but he had fled the island.

The ferry leaves Samui at 2100 and takes 5.5 hours to get to SuratThani.

A week later they find him at his place on the mainland.

Very swift....

So, the police quickly discovered that the likely attacker was a man called Seksan (alias Joe) Thongphijit, went to arrest him but he had fled the island.

The ferry leaves Samui at 2100 and takes 5.5 hours to get to SuratThani.

A week later they find him at his place on the mainland.

Very swift....

The car ferry takes 1.5h, Lompraya catamaran 45 min to donsak

PunPin is the suburb to Surat where the train station and airport is located.

1 hour drive from the donsak pier.

There are much more options now than the night boat

Archived