Re-entry permit at Promenada Immigration - what time should I arrive?

emb63

Hi everyone, I am leaving the country on my Non-O and want a multi-entry re-entry permit. I am flying out of DMK but feel nervous about waiting until after I've passed thru immigration to get my re-entry permit. I am thinking of going to Promenada Immigration to do it instead, just to be 100% safe.

Is it one of those things where I have to arrive super early to be seen? Can I just show up anytime during opening hours?

Thank you.

Im flying out on Saturday and will do it at Swampy....Ive allowed ample time between flights to do so. Quite simple from what Ive read in TVForums although its constantly under change/review.

Latest is that the 'middle men' are no longer providing the service at Swampy, but you ring a buzzer and the Immigration staff come out and take the paperwork (TM8) plus photograph and the 1000thb fee (For single re-entry) or 3800thb fee (For multiple re-entry)and process it all.

Takes approx. 10 minutes dependant on queues backlogs etc but that rarely occurs.

I did a re-entry permit about six weeks ago at the Promenada. I was there quite early because I also had to complete a 90 day report. I didn't get a ticket for the re-permit until I had completed my 90 day, which was about 9.30am. I waited no more than an hour for my ticket number for the re-entry permit to be called, say about 10.30. It's a pretty quick service. So I would say you don't need to be there that early if you don't mind an hour or so wait. Remember it will cost you 1000 baht for the permit, and you will need a passport size photo.

I had the same experience for a re-entry permit at Promenada. I got there at about 8:30 or 9:00, but as stated above the line for re-entry permits was rather short. Plus, after I got my queue number, the line went fast and they did not hold on to my passport for very long. I don't think it took more than an hour or maybe a little more for the entire process.

Oh, and I think but not sure that you need those certain pages of your passport copied before they'll give you a queue number. Again, I am not sure.

Good luck!

Edited by helpisgood

Re-entry permits -- single or multiple -- are processed at the same desk at Immigration Promenada and it seems that no one waits more than about an hour to be done and dusted. Well worth the peace of mind vs. the chance of being late for your flight or forgetting to get a re-entry permit at the airport in the confusion of boarding the aircraft. It's not like they have a big sign that says "Get Your Re-entry Permits Here" or "Once you pass this point your visa extension is dead unless you have a re-entry permit"

Don't know about your issue specifically but I happened to be at Promenada today for lunch. It was the first time I've been there during the daytime in years. I couldn't help but notice how few people were at the Immigration Office. At 13:30 I would estimate there were no more than 25 people there. Doesn't look nearly as bad as what I have read people complaining about.

There is a separate desk for 90 day and re-entry, and while the panic merchants get there at the crack of dawn or earlier, anyone with any sense pops in in the afternoon, and gets sorted within 20 minutes or so.

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

except for the ones they tell to come back tomorrow.clap2.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Actually wanted to get one at the airport but as I was at Promenada today anyway for my lost TM6, I got the re-entry permit also. Arrived ~13:15, out 14:00. Better come a bit later as they open again after lunch at 13:00 and there was a small queue. Lots of young folks with tourist extensions. If you come 14:00 it probably takes 15 mins.