Boy, 12, stood on a pier 'laughing' as two girls he kicked into Bangkok canal drowned

webfact

Boy, 12, stood on a pier 'laughing' as two girls he kicked into Bangkok canal drowned
Thaivisa Reporters

boy1.jpg
Image: Khaosod.co.th

BANGKOK:-- A double tragedy struck the Prakhanong area of Bangkok Thursday as two young girls drowned after a 12 year old boy kicked them off a pier into a canal, reports Thaivisa News.

Police and medical personnel rushed to the scene in Soi On Nut Soi 43 at 2.00pm after reports that two girls had disappeared. But officials and frogmen from the Ruamkatanyu Foundation were too late to revive the girls who had been fished out of the Prawet Burirom klong but were already dead.

The shocking events that led to the tragedy followed an event at the Aliatisom Mosque in the soi that attracted a lot of neighbourhood children. Many kids were hanging about and sitting on the pier of the mosque.

Witnesses said that one twelve year old boy was teasing the two girls who were named as Suphawadee Warathum,12, and Piyapat Pertpong, 11, both fifth grade students at the local Surao Mai school. The boy, who was known as a friend of the victims, kicked out at Suphawadee who fell in the water then did the same to Piyapat who likewise ended up in the canal.

According to children who saw what happened the boy stood there laughing at what he had done.

But quickly the two girls were quiet and other children on the pier began screaming for adults to come and help them. Some adults came and jumped in to help the two girls but it was too late.

The boy responsible for the girl's deaths was taken away for questioning by police.

tvn.png
-- 2016-03-25

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For some reason, it appears that many people around the world do not understand the concept of cause and effect of their actions. I am sure he had no idea the girls were going to drown. He just thought it would be funny to see them in the water. This is the result of a growing trend in "education" around the world, where children are taught what to think and not how to think.

Edited by jaltsc

Immature 12 year old , who will very quickly now grow up,

if remorse to the parents is given by him maybe then a little of the understanding

of what he has done will sink in.

very sad,

R. I P. young girls.

For some reason, it appears that many people around the world do not understand the concept of cause and effect of their actions. I am sure he had no idea the girls were going to drown. He just thought it would be funny to see them in the water. This is the result of a growing trend in "education" around the world, where children are taught what to think and not how to think.

I agree, the headline makes it out he stood there sadistically laughing while the girls flailed around and drowned, whereas the article says the drowning actually happened quite quickly. Likely (hopefully?) he was laughing at the fall into the water and the girls slipped under the surface before he even realised the gravity of the situation.

A terribly sad event either way. RIP to the two young girls.

It is POSSIBLE that he was laughing when they got wet........and laughed when they splashed around, BUT DIDN'T LAUGH when his brain hopefully realized what he did was serious. I'm just trying to be hopeful for us humans. It's still his fault 100%, throw the book at him, etc.......

Let's say you kick some "friends" down a snow mountain, laugh, and then an avalanche starts and kills them....Let's HOPE the laughter stopped....

ugggggg. tragic. preventable.

coffee1.gif

Most Thai people cannot swim. Is this because swimming is only available to the rich? Not as far as I can see, there are many places to take your child swimming and for less that a hundred baht. Lots of schools have swimming classes. I don't understand why the majority can't swim. Is it the 'I don't want a suntan and have dark skin' that puts people off learning to swim?

Edited by Wilsonandson

Most Thai people cannot swim. Is this because swimming is only available to the rich? Not as far as I can see, there are many places to take your child swimming and for less that a hundred baht. Lots of schools have swimming classes. I don't understand why the majority can't swim. Is it the 'I don't want a suntan and have dark skin' that puts people off learning to swim?

I can offer two explanations,

Less than 100bht, 2 children, then a ticket for mum, that's a days wages or more for many Thais.

Need I also mention, more people who can swim drown while swimming, than the people who can't swim that fall in and drown.

So sad for the parents of the girls.

Edited by BritManToo

I can offer two explanations,

Less than 100bht, 2 children, then a ticket for mum, that's a days wages or more for many Thais.

Need I also mention, more people who can swim drown while swimming, than the people who can't swim that fall in and drown.

So sad for the parents of the girls.

Yes the price may seem high, but what value do you place on children? And besides it is better to learn how to swim in a class. Which I doubt would be 100B per session.

Your other point is that learning to swim increases your chance of drowning. Why don't you analyse that in relation to the story. How did not knowing how to swim help these girls.

With your over-use of the words "around the world", it sounds like you are a true Thai apologist. Stop defending them!

My son 7 year old son pushed his expensive drum kit over, swung a set of scissors at me, and then through something at our $1000 television.

Wife sat there looking at him smiling. Something seriously wrong with how children are taught to behave over there.

Nothing abnormal about that behaviour, kids learn from movies and video games and what they're fed should bring increasingly to this type of behaviour. Welcome to the technological progress and regression of absolutely everything else.

With your over-use of the words "around the world", it sounds like you are a true Thai apologist. Stop defending them!

Yes stop defending Thais so us white guys can feel superior even if we are just teachers and have not amounted to much in life we too need someone to look down upon. You are shattering our last illusion.

Need I post the link to the two British boys that killed other kids for fun, far more gruesome as this ?

My son 7 year old son pushed his expensive drum kit over, swung a set of scissors at me, and then through something at our $1000 television.

Wife sat there looking at him smiling. Something seriously wrong with how children are taught to behave over there.

Something wrong with the way your wife sat there smiling too! THAT is the problem here Thais have no sense of responsibility

Something wrong with the way your wife sat there smiling too! THAT is the problem here Thais have no sense of responsibility

This guy presumably had a foreign father.. the poster.. so its a half Thai kid that was not taught a thing by his own dad. The guy is acting like he had no part in it. Also he choose his wife.....

When I was about 6 or 7 I clearly understood what death meant and how certain actions would bring about that. a boy of 12 who do not understand this is clearly of very low IQ or/and of an unstable mind. put him away for the rest of his life.

Another sad story in tvf about Thai male murdering two children l still blame the parents foe not teaching kids the difference between right and wrong RIP to the poor girl and condolences to family and friends and hope the young boy can live with what he has done

I guess all those hours watching kids doing Thai boxing on TV, video cafe's and cartoons all day, what do you expect. Just as in western countries children are copying the bullshit they see on TV and video games. We're just starting to monitor and regulate somewhat. Thailand and Asia needs some sort of system control also.

I was a teacher here and these hardest job teaching HS was competing with Facebook, link and all the other crap sites that pollute children's minds and keeps them stupid.

yes that and swimming is too energy intensive in the LOL land of lazyness. not part of culture either.