True Internet Fibre Slowdown or just local?

ykatz0

FYI The VPN Service I paid $25 for 5 years for is sometimes slow / sometimes fast / sometimes unusable so I setup my own off of a USA hosted Virtual Machine using OpenVPN, works great! I can now continue to use True as my provider though not using their routing, it is fractionally slower but does not impact the way I use things, I don't use that much bandwidth.

FYI The VPN Service I paid $25 for 5 years for is sometimes slow / sometimes fast / sometimes unusable so I setup my own off of a USA hosted Virtual Machine using OpenVPN, works great! I can now continue to use True as my provider though not using their routing, it is fractionally slower but does not impact the way I use things, I don't use that much bandwidth.

Thanks for that feedback....I had looked at the ZenVPN $25 for 5 years plan in your previous post and also saw it was much cheaper than ZenVPNs normal pricing. Began to wonder if the $25 for 5 yr plan would provide equal speed/reliability to their normal (higher priced) plan.

For the last 5 years or so I have used a StrongVPN at $55/year (unlimited use)...its been like 100% reliable and the speed is OK considering how Thai ISPs throttle international connections since they apparently don't buy enough international bandwidth.

Archived