Chinese fighting over Thai prawns a thing of the past, say King Power!

rooster59

Chinese fighting over Thai prawns a thing of the past, say King Power!

Thaivisa Reporters

post-247607-0-12793400-1458951843_thumb.

BANGKOK:-- A hotel restaurant at the centre of a major controversy about misbehaving Chinese tourists has moved to assure the public that all is now well, reports Thaivisa News.

People were shocked last week when footage emerged of patrons at a famous buffet showed Chinese tour groups clambering over each other for food, pushing and shoving and wasting valuable seafood by the bucketload.

The clips went viral in a scandal dubbed 'Chinese behaving badly getting prawns!"

However, it is now being claimed the footage was actually shot in 2014.

Now King Power group, the owners of the Ramayana restaurant in Sri Waree, have announced through their website that all is now peaceful with the Chinese trained to behave well with better procedures to look after large groups and signage to tell the visitors in a variety of languages what to do.

King Power said that the events of the 2014 high season would not be repeated today and said that there was a lot of difficulty at the time with tour groups all arriving at once and visitors in a mad rush to catch planes....hence the prawn mayhem.

Now a video in Chinese with Thai subtitles has been produced showing order and calm as respectable tourists take a proper amount of seafood and queue up appropriately as order and calm at the buffet lines prevail.

[Well behaved Chinese tourists from 1m 22s]

Signs in Thai, Chinese and English inform the tourists what to do when confronted by a buffet, remind the mainlanders to only take what they are going to eat and ask them to consider others. Also King Power has said they have revamped their schedules for tour groups so there are no bottlenecks.

The result, King Power say, is better organisation and better behaviour with order and calm leading to a better experience for everyone at the massive buffet restaurant.

And no more fighting over prawns!

tvn.png
-- 2016-03-26

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what do you expect from a zero baht tour? They have to lower the price and quantity on everything!

These poor people were certainly hungry, they certainly were feed with small portion of food during few days,

and then you take them to a buffet? what do you expect?

Well not so long i stop with a small mini bus at the golden triangle at restaurant and around 4 coaches pulled into the restaurant car park for the buffet lunch .... the noise coming from these people was disgusting ... I must say pigs have better table manners compared to the Chinese at the restaurant where i was at to be fair..

"Signs in Thai, Chinese and English inform the tourists what to do when confronted by a buffet,....."

I really hate it when the buffet is hostile and confrontational.

got a chuckle out of me, thank you

At the Amari Airport hotel when I was there two times for a meeting, the Chinese package tourists at the buffet were re-directed away from the VIP area (read: western area). The Chinese were left to fight for tables, even though there were plenty in that little corner where we (my Thai wife and I) sat. I do like that hotel biggrin.png

Don't think it's over. The Chinese are new to Tourism they have a few things to learn. Like Respecting other Country's Customs and Culture.

The 'new rich' behave badly even in their own countries.

It's difficult to imagine much working effectively because there will always be a stream of those whose standard of living is improving, and they'll start to travel.