Are European kids smarter than Thai kids?

Inspire

Yes, european children are generally more intelligent than thai children. One of the reasons is that european children have a much better diet compared to thai children whose diet is "rice with fish sauce, rice with one egg and rice with som tam"... protein is fundamental for children and their cognitive development.

And yes, even adult europeans are generally more intelligent than thais and there is nothing "racist" about it. And no, it's not because IQ tests were developed by "the white devil".

I totally agree with your dietary regimen assessment, particular where it comes to early childhood "brain" development. There is a considerable difference, in ultimate outcomes, between high, and low protein intake results. I also agree, that there was nothing "racist" in your hypothesis. Thanks for sharing. Cheers.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes, european children are generally more intelligent than thai children. One of the reasons is that european children have a much better diet compared to thai children whose diet is "rice with fish sauce, rice with one egg and rice with som tam"... protein is fundamental for children and their cognitive development.

And yes, even adult europeans are generally more intelligent than thais and there is nothing "racist" about it. And no, it's not because IQ tests were developed by "the white devil".

Robust, reputable evidence for that assertion can be found where ?

I thought eggs had protein?

Thais are stupid because of wrote learning and somtum?

This whole subject is pretty stupid, started by a European.

I am smarter than some Thais, some Thais are smarter than me.

People associate smartness with rocket science. If that is the case, people from Issan are the amongst the smartest people in the world. Bang fai.

I don't think any thaivisa members are that smart. Otherwise they wouldn't be wasting their time here. Any rocket scientists out there posting?

I totally agree with your dietary regimen assessment, particular where it comes to early childhood "brain" development. There is a considerable difference, in ultimate outcomes, between high, and low protein intake results. I also agree, that there was nothing "racist" in your hypothesis. Thanks for sharing. Cheers.

There is evidence of a dietary deficiency of Iodine being responsible for the poor academic performance of some Thai children

https://asiancorrespondent.com/2015/06/food-for-thought-inadequate-nutrition-and-educational-inequality-in-thailand/

http://journals.cambridge.org/download.php?file=%2FPHN%2FPHN10_12A%2FS1368980007360990a.pdf&code=2d0d8e7e94367e28a467b20ce538f628

http://www.unicef.org/thailand/reallives_18311.html

https://business.un.org/en/documents/10622

The writter is X-Special forces from the US just behind Thailand in education standards.

Sent from my c64

The writter writer is X-Special ex-Special forces Forces from the US just behind Thailand in education standards.

Brilliant. And you would be from... ???

Probably from one, of the eleven Bible Belt, southern U.S. states, guaranteed. whistling.gif

"Probably from one, (please remove comma) of the eleven Bible Belt, southern Southern U.S. states, States, guaranteed."

And YOU would be from... ?? w00t.gif

Are there ANY (incredibly insulting and bigoted) non-Americans on here who can actually write in English? w00t.gif

(You guys asked for it.) smile.png

Cheers.

Thank you, "sir grammar teacher". The topic title question is clearly stated above. Do you have anything pertinent, to contribute to the topic thread, instead? Or is English grammar your high-point in life?

You poor baby! Here's a symbolic passifier.gif gift to you, from my mate (a mother of 5 children), in hopes you can manage to transcend your childish penchant toward playing the "low-self-esteem" person's game, of "one-upmanship". Capiche?coffee1.gif

Edited by TuskegeeBen

So Johnatong......are you ever going to give any details about this government school where they promote critical thinking and encourage asking questions?

You've been asked twice now by benalibina, yet, you ignore them.

It's starting to look like you just made it all up.

Edited by KarenBravo

Robust, reputable evidence for that assertion can be found where ?

I thought eggs had protein?

Thais are stupid because of wrote learning and somtum?

This whole subject is pretty stupid, started by a European.

I am smarter than some Thais, some Thais are smarter than me.

People associate smartness with rocket science. If that is the case, people from Issan are the amongst the smartest people in the world. Bang fai.

I don't think any thaivisa members are that smart. Otherwise they wouldn't be wasting their time here. Any rocket scientists out there posting?

Who said anything about ALL thais being dumber than ALL europeans? And how do you draw the conclusion that one egg == enough protein?

Maybe you should google Raven's matrices to get a perspective of one way to measure IQ. And why would you think that there aren't "smart" TV members?

So Johnatong......are you ever going to give any details about this government school where they promote critical thinking and encourage asking questions?

I've been waiting to see that info, also. Unfortunately there's a boatload of pretentious "blow-hards" posting to the forum, as you probably already know. Anyway, I'll visit the thread tomorrow, to see if a "miracle" has actually happened. Cheers, signing off, for the night.wai.gif

I've been waiting to see that info, also. Unfortunately there's a boatload of pretentious "blow-hards" posting to the forum, as you probably already know. Anyway, I'll visit the thread tomorrow, to see if a "miracle" has actually happened. Cheers, signing off, for the night.wai.gif

The 'miracle' is not going to happen.

If you think I am going to expose the school, its teachers and its superb head to the blatant bigotry and ignorance displayed by some of the posters here then think again.

Good things do happen despite what the Thai bashers would have everyone believe,

The writter is X-Special forces from the US just behind Thailand in education standards.

Sent from my c64

The writter writer is X-Special ex-Special forces Forces from the US just behind Thailand in education standards.

Probably from one, of the eleven Bible Belt, southern U.S. states, guaranteed. whistling.gif

Nah no guarantee.. I only have one belt and its holding up my pants.

Someone asked who the writer was.. Well thats who he is.. No hate only love.. He should have stayed in the service and not become a writter.

Sent from my c64

Edited by wow64

If you think I am going to expose the school, its teachers and its superb head to the blatant bigotry and ignorance displayed by some of the posters here then think again.

Good things do happen despite what the Thai bashers would have everyone believe,

<deleted>. What a p1ss poor excuse (a bit like yourself).

You just made it up.

You're a joke.

<deleted>. What a p1ss poor excuse (a bit like yourself).

You just made it up.

You're a joke.

I made nothing up but there is really no point in furthering any debate with an obnoxious a-hole.

Frankly, I think you're making it up.

Why don't you send a PM to benalbina? They just asked and have not "Thai bashed".

As for me, you just can't seem to get it through your skull that I'm bashing the lousy Thai education system and the elites that perpetuate the ignorance of the common Thai people.

Maybe YOUR intelligence is just too low for you to understand that?

Hmmm.......I think I asked you twice in a polite manner to provide the details because the school you refer to can make quite a difference for the future of children from many parents who are not financially that well of to pay for an international school. So if you care about children, please reconsider your answer to my repeated questions.

Thank you again !

Frankly, I think you're making it up.

Why don't you send a PM to benalbina? They just asked and have not "Thai bashed".

As for me, you just can't seem to get it through your skull that I'm bashing the lousy Thai education system and the elites that perpetuate the ignorance of the common Thai people.

Maybe YOUR intelligence is just too low for you to understand that?

Yes, you must be right about my intelligence and total lack of knowledge about education.

I wonder how I managed to secure thee good (science based) degrees from a "rubbish" Russel's Group University ?

Hmmm.......I think I asked you twice in a polite manner to provide the details because the school you refer to can make quite a difference for the future of children from many parents who are not financially that well of to pay for an international school. So if you care about children, please reconsider your answer to my repeated questions.

Thank you again !

Where are you based?.

Would the many parents of these many children be prepared to move house to another province for the sake of their children's education ?

Wow64 said: The writter writer is X-Special ex-Special forces Forces from the US just behind Thailand in education standards.

"Probably from one, (please remove comma) of the eleven Bible Belt, southern Southern U.S. states, States, guaranteed."

And YOU would be from... ?? w00t.gif

Are there ANY (incredibly insulting and bigoted) non-Americans on here who can actually write in English? w00t.gif

(You guys asked for it.) smile.png

Cheers.

Thank you, "sir grammar teacher". The topic title question is clearly stated above. Do you have anything pertinent, to contribute to the topic thread, instead? Or is English grammar your high-point in life?

You poor baby! Here's a symbolic passifier.gif gift to you, from my mate (a mother of 5 children), in hopes you can manage to transcend your childish penchant toward playing the "low-self-esteem" person's game, of "one-upmanship". Capiche?coffee1.gif

It wasn't this guy who started criticizing Americans. It was you two. If you can't take it, don't dish it out. thumbsup.gif

The TOPIC IS "Are European kids smarter than Thai kids." From your writing (including this last atrocious piece of yours) I say the answer is:

Hell no! thumbsup.gif

Cheers. smile.pngtongue.pngsmile.png

Let's broad-brush this; European kids get an education and they are taught how to think. This is partly a result of the fact that "thinking" and science and the scientific method has a deep history in Europe that goes every further back than Aristotle. Thai kids are firstly saddled with several hundred years of feudalism part of which had the explicit goal of keeping everyone except the oligarchs' kids from getting an education. Europe and the U.S. did the same thing up until the end of the 19th century, but there was a sea change beginning in the early 20th century with the adoption of the right to vote for women and minorities outside the south regardless of their economic station. Thailand has not yet experienced this type of change. Thai kids today do not receive an education remotely close to what is available in western countries.

A few years ago, I stopped at a food shop to get some eggs. There was a pile of full trays with the price per tray. A young boy about 12 came over to help me. I told him in Thai that I would like 15 eggs (1/2 of a tray) as I could not carry more on my motorbike. He stood there for a minute or so and then got the calculator, but after failing to come up with a price for 1/2 of a tray he called his older brother over and the two of them worked on the problem. Finally, I took the calculator and put in the price of the tray and divided by 2. It did not work; it seemed that the concept of one-half of something was just not there. Then their father came over, visibly very upset, and took the calculator and divided the tray price by 30 and multiplied the result by 15. But he was really pissed off at me and it was only later that I understood why.

No, European kids are not intrinsically smarter than Thai children. However, European kids (and South Korean and Japanese kids) simply receive an education that teaches them about the world and what they need to know to make their way in the world.

The simple answer is that European children are usually smarter than their Thai peers. Over the past few decades, intelligence testing across nations has revealed true and genuine estimates of intelligence, based on nation/geographic region. A very good read and place to start an understanding of this topic is found in the work of Richard Lynn and JP Rushton. Basically, Thai kids have an average estimated IQ of 90, while Central and Western Europeans have an IQ of around 100. This 10 point difference matters significantly, as the ability to make sound decisions reveals itself in the everyday lives of people. People with lower IQs commit more crime, perform less well in school, have more children outside wedlock, sustain more injuries, and make poor choices within a social context. Often, when the public perceives "race" problems, they are actually seeing the evidence of a group's lower average intelligence. National IQ is related positively to wealth and productivity, as well as political unrest. Importantly, the underlying causes for differences in intelligence are largely genetic/biological in origin. Thus, IQ is a stable, reliable, and highly valid trait. There are certainly smart Thais, as well as stupid Europeans. But you are far more likely to encounter a comparatively smart European kid. Another issue is that the European kids here in Thailand are likely not representative of the population of Europe. I'm guessing they are children of fairly smart parents who have professional jobs here in Thailand. This would mean that their IQs are likely above 100, therefore accentuating any observed differences.

The ASEAN community is very diverse intellectually. Chinese people are genuinely much smarter than other Asian groups. If I had to guess, I would think that Thailand stands a very good chance of being exploited by some of their ASEAN partners.

http://www.ttu.ee/public/m/mart-murdvee/EconPsy/2/Lynn_Meisenberg_2010_National_IQs_calculated_and_validated_for_108_nations.pdf

an older study...lots of work has complemented Lynn's findings...but it's an interesting paper, and a very good introduction to an interesting topic...

Thank you for this which casts some intellectual light on on the subject.

"The ASEAN community is very diverse intellectually. Chinese people are genuinely much smarter than other Asian groups. If I had to guess, I would think that Thailand stands a very good chance of being exploited by some of their ASEAN partners. "

Though dragging the OP way off topic this is a fascinating comment when looked at in conjunction with populations of ethnic chinese in ASEAN. Though a bit old now, the stats i have seen suggest a huge dominance in Thailand (14% population yet 78% of the seats in the last elected parliament). Singapore has as many as 75% ethnic chinese and Malaysia has roughly twice as many as Thailand with a commensurate level of GDP per capita. Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia and The Philippines all have very small ethnic chinese populations and are at a significantly lower level of development.

Like we're going to believe anything you say now.....

PM the name of the school to benalibina who has now asked you politely three times.

Put up, or shut up.

removed ----------pointless.

So, you live in Phuket (Patong?), same place as me (for 31 years).

There is no such government school that teaches critical thinking, or, encourages asking questions. Not even Darasamut, or Kajonkiet, the two most popular Thai schools, both private and not government.

Now I know for certain that you are full of crap.

Thank you again !

Where are you based?.

Would the many parents of these many children be prepared to move house to another province for the sake of their children's education ?

Dodge, weave, duck, dive. Anything to avoid answering the question (which of course you can't as you're telling porky-pies).

It's a good thing that this topic is in the Pub... what with all the arguments going on here.

Any other forum and this would have been shut down and warnings/suspensions issued.

Just one reminder before you get back to your bickering... from the Forum Rules:

6) You will not post comments that could be reasonably construed as defamation or libel.

Defamation is the issuance of a statement about another person or business which causes that person to suffer harm. It does not have to be false to be defamatory. Libel is when the defamatory statement is published either in a drawing, painting, cinematography, film, picture or letters made visible by any means, or any other recording instruments, recording picture or letters, or by broadcasting or spreading picture, or by propagation by any other means. Defamation is both a civil and criminal charge in Thailand.

Please take note, and try to be a bit more civil in your discussions.

I don't know if you know this, the Thai Gov. is talking about cutting two school grades out of the system to save money......it's all about control the sheep.

Free government school effectively ends at age 15 now.

What two grades are they going to cut out?

Are they really considering school ending at age 13?

Like we're going to believe anything you say now.....

PM the name of the school to benalibina who has now asked you politely three times.

Put up, or shut up.

removed ----------pointless.

So, you live in Phuket (Patong?), same place as me (for 31 years).

There is no such government school that teaches critical thinking, or, encourages asking questions. Not even Darasamut, or Kajonkiet, the two most popular Thai schools, both private and not government.

Now I know for certain that you are full of crap.

Your conclusion is correct, sadly enough....its been silent.

Who cares about education anyway these days.

If you want to know something you can just google it.

Times have changed.

Life's good.

Glad you have such faith in Mr.Google !

How do you sift the reams of rubbish served up by Google from fact ?

I reckon Mr Google knows way more than any teacher.

My dad doesn't need it though, he says my mum knows everything, he just asks her.

Thanks for sharing,cheesy.gif

Edited by TuskegeeBen