'Extending' one year visa on basis of retirement, for 30-90 days, no finances?

Hello all,

my non-O visa on the basis of retirement (Australian passport) expires in late August.

I don't wish to extend for another year, maybe just 30-90 days (I have withdrawn my finances from Thailand).

Is it possible to 'extend the extension' in the 30 days prior to visa expiry, by paying 1,900 baht + showing departure ticket?

Mant thanks, AA

No, not possible.

• If you are married or have children (Thai) you can apply for a 60 day extension of stay (1,900 baht).
  • You could do a border hop and get a 30 day visa exempt entry; That can be extended by 30 days (1,900 baht) giving a total of 60 days.
Edited by elviajero

You could do a border hop and get a 30 day visa exempt entry;

Australia is not a G7 country.

So 30 days visa exempt only when arriving by air.

Only 15 days at land border.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1

No, not possible.

• If you are married or have children (Thai) you can apply for a 60 day extension of stay (1,900 baht).
  • You could do a border hop and get a 30 day visa exempt entry; That can be extended by 30 days (1,900 baht) giving a total of 60 days.

Correction. A land border hop will give you 15 days extendable by 30 days.

Would I be correct in inferring from your OP that you have a multi-entry non-O visa and have been doing border runs every 90 days since it was issued last August (most recently as late last month or early this one, presumably)?

If so, provided that you do further border runs in late May/early June and again just before its expiry date in late August, you will eventually be given a permission to stay until November, which would appear to meet your 30-90 days requirement.

In this connection, I am, of course, assuming that you are referring to a real genuine McCoy visa which is still valid as opposed to an extension of stay masquerading as one!

Edited by OJAS