Tourist Visa or Re-Entry Visa?

I have a non-immigrant B visa which is due to expire on April 30. I have been working as a teacher but will leave my present school when the visa/WP expire.

On March 30 I am going to England for 2 Weeks.

I can apply for a re-entry permit at the airport, but this will expire on April 30.

I propose dispensing with the aforementioned procedure and simply rely on a tourist visa on my return.

My query is, do I have to get a letter from my school to say my contract will expire on April 30, to produce to Immigration control before leaving Thailand?

Your assistance would be appreciated.blink.png

Hi,

I'm not sure how much longer you're going to stay in Thailand when you come back

to the country from England next month, but I'd think it better if you cancel your Non-B

visa when you fly back home from BKK later this month and come back here on a TV

or a visa-exempt stamp than on a re-entry permit. You can stay in Thailand for up to 5

months if you come back to Thailand on a visa-exempt stamp that allows the Britons

a 30-day stay, extend it by 30 days, go to Vientiane or Savannakhet to get a 60-day

TV and extend it by 30 days.

Edited by Saigon

Thank you Guys for your advice. I will cancel the Non B visa and proceed as advised.

Have you been living on a visa extension now?

If so, it will be automatically cancelled when you fly out of Thailand

without a re-entry permit.

I'm on a non-immigration B visa which expires on April 30th. I return to Thailand on April 12th.

Presumably, if I do not get a re-entry visa when I leave on March 30th, it will automatically lapse and I will have to get a TV on my return or could possibly apply for a 2 month TV at the Thai consulate in London. What do you think?

My contract with my school ends on April 30th. I will be paid up to then. If I let my current visa lapse I am concerned that the school may contend that I'm not entitled to be payed for the aforesaid month.

what do you advise.

If you have a valid multiple entry visa, it expires on the Enter Before date specified on the visa. If you apply for another visa at a consulate outside Thailand, any older visa will be canceled when your new visa is issued. Your current permission to stay, extended or otherwise, will cease to be valid when you exit Thailand unless you have a reentry permit to keep the permission to stay valid on your return.

I'm on a non-immigration B visa which expires on April 30th. I return to Thailand on April 12th.

Presumably, if I do not get a re-entry visa when I leave on March 30th, it will automatically lapse and I will have to get a TV on my return or could possibly apply for a 2 month TV at the Thai consulate in London. What do you think?

My contract with my school ends on April 30th. I will be paid up to then. If I let my current visa lapse I am concerned that the school may contend that I'm not entitled to be payed for the aforesaid month.

what do you advise.

"I'm on a non-immigration B visa which expires on April 30th. I return to Thailand on April 12th.

Presumably, if I do not get a re-entry visa when I leave on March 30th"

You don't stay in Thailand on a visa. You stay in Thailand based on either a permission to stay given you by immigrations when you entered the country or an extension of stay obtained from an immigration office.

If the visa is still valid for additional entries you wouldn't need a re-entry permit (not a visa) to re-enter the country. A re-entry permit only preserves a current permission to stay or extension of stay.

If you're in the country on an extension and you leave without a re-entry permit, the extension will end. If you have a visa that is still valid for additional entries, its validity does not cease by leaving the country.

Hi,

I'm not sure how much longer you're going to stay in Thailand when you come back

to the country from England next month, but I'd think it better if you cancel your Non-B

visa when you fly back home from BKK later this month and come back here on a TV

or a visa-exempt stamp than on a re-entry permit. You can stay in Thailand for up to 5

months if you come back to Thailand on a visa-exempt stamp that allows the Britons

a 30-day stay, extend it by 30 days, go to Vientiane or Savannakhet to get a 60-day

TV and extend it by 30 days.

"I'd think it better if you cancel your Non-B

visa when you fly back home from BKK later this month and come back here on a TV"

You don't cancel visas. He seems a little confused about the basis of his stay in Thailand and what is expiring when. If the basis for an extension ends, then so does the extension.

If he wants to return to return to Thailand as a tourist, it would seem simpler to get either a SETV or METV while in UK. If he gets the SETV that would net him 90 days (60+30) and a simple out/in border crossing to a neighboring country would get him the visa exempt entry without the need to apply at an embassy.

Planning on flying here from the UK with the intention of getting an extension of stay might mean he would need a booked flight out of Thailand or the airline might refuse to allow him to board.

I think people just love saying "visa". Sounds cool or something. "Work visa" aka work permit. "30 day visa" aka visa exemption. "Retirement visa" aka retirement extension. "Re-entry visa aka ???. Seems to really challenge some people. Ok well, I'm getting hungry. Gonna go get a lunch visa.

• Like 2