Anyone See The Mention Of A Non O Visa

In Stickman's column there was a recent story about a farang getting an extension of Non Immigrant "O" for support of a Thai spouse.

There is heaps of confusion at the moment for holders of O visas married to a Thai lady. A long time reader went to the Immigration Department at Suan Plu to extend the visa. Married to a Thai lady, he has had no problem extending the visa previously, but this time he was told that they no longer issue extensions to O class marriage visas and he would have to do a visa run, that is leave the country, and leave his wife, every 90 days!

Anyone heard anything about this? It would cause a lot of surprises!! Or do you think that person mentioned just upset someone?

Sunbelt! ????? Any comments?

In Stickman's column there was a recent story about a farang getting an extension of Non Immigrant "O" for support of a Thai spouse.
There is heaps of confusion at the moment for holders of O visas married to a Thai lady. A long time reader went to the Immigration Department at Suan Plu to extend the visa. Married to a Thai lady, he has had no problem extending the visa previously, but this time he was told that they no longer issue extensions to O class marriage visas and he would have to do a visa run, that is leave the country, and leave his wife, every 90 days!

Anyone heard anything about this? It would cause a lot of surprises!! Or do you think that person mentioned just upset someone?

I read it this morning, and it took me longer to dismiss than absorb.

I suggest you do the same... :o

Already had written Mr. Stick yesterday.

Odds are high he or his wife did not have the income of 40K per month.

This is the criteria for new applicants that applied after Oct 1st 2006, the

option of 400K in the bank is no longer allowed, unless you are

grandfathered "had the extension based on marriage before Oct 1st 2006)

His wife can work. The tax is only 2,300 Baht per month

Even in the worse situation, he can go to Singapore and get a multi entry

Ö"visa. He can come and go 500 times a year if he likes but every time he

enters Thailand, he gets 90 day visa.

Have him call us, we can advise. 02-642-0213

Regards

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

I see erroneous writings regarding visas continue on his site.

I would think that any knowledgeable and sensible person would direct any visa issues or questions or situations to this location as opposed to his teacher-go-go-establishment-relationship-expert-and-what-have-you website. For that niche market, he’s fine. But for visa matters, THIS is the obvious place of choice.

I would think it's rather reckless to publish people's experiences and then not question them or clarify the particular event. What happens when you do that? People start spreading erroneous rumours and causing unnecessary worry. In this day of uncertainty, it’s become even more paramount that voracity of claims is checked.

Anyone that publishes people's writings about their experiences on a personal website I feel are obligated, I feel, to verify them at some level.

I used to see it occur often on his website early on and thus gave up on it. That it continues to happen should clue everyone in on its invalidity.

I see erroneous writings regarding visas continue on his site.

I would think that any knowledgeable and sensible person would direct any visa issues or questions or situations to this location as opposed to his teacher-go-go-establishment-relationship-expert-and-what-have-you website. For that niche market, he’s fine. But for visa matters, THIS is the obvious place of choice.

I couldnt agree more.....................

Thanks to the wise info and generous help from TV members, I got a 1 year non O from Sing last week.