PM Prayut urges public organizations to resist corruption

webfact

"Meanwhile, the Anti-Corruption Operation Center has so far received more than 890 corruption cases related to civil servants. Fifty-six of them have already been resolved. The NACC has appointed a sub-committee to follow up on the investigations."

Typical NNT blather: raises more questions than it answers.

- "corruption cases" or corruption complaints?

- 56 "resolved", what does that mean? Dismissed?

- sub-committee to "follow up on the investigation"; so no resolution, right?

- any court cases?

- any convictions?

- anybody go to jail?

- any activity at all by anybody in the criminal justice system?

I must be misunderstanding the rule of law in Thailand. This is the only explanation. I need a training course.

Couldn't have put it better myself------- To say I am flabergasted is an understatement I wish I was right now a 2 or 3yr old in Thailand----- I would love to see all these problems being REALLY dealt withcoffee1.gif

Ironic.........isn't it. blink.png

Oh yes the irony,"OK public when we pass laws and resolutions that that illegally take your money ,please do not complain or resist because in the long run after our quota of Ferrari s and Lamborghini s, with what is left over we will take care of you".

There is more corruption in the government office than there is in public organizations. Clean your house before you ask others to do it. Most corruption comes from higher levels then followed thru by the organizations. It start at the top in Thailand and trickles down!

That he is not constantly collapsing with laughter, when he says stuff like this....

The scary part is that he might even believe what he's saying, like a certain Austrian corporal 75-ish years ago in Germany.

No wonder he wants U-Boats.

"Prime Minister Gen Prayut Chan-o-cha has reiterated that every public agency must promote ethical conduct and resist corruption."

How about declaring corruption illegal, setting punishment for offenders, enforce the laws, and mete out the punishment to the guilty?

Sounds a lot more effective than him faking like he really cares.

If I recall correctly, he didn't have to reiterate anything when he overthrew the previous government.

It sounds as if you're asking for changes and reforms, ...like most Thais then, but forget it, the taste of corruption is too sweet!

To stop corruption, first you have to find an organisation that isn't corrupt

to enforce the law.

Is there such a thing in Thailand? i don't think so.

The Office of the Attorney General. The Red Bullock just being given lip service, as per Thai 'culture', notwithstanding once it leaves their office it's a free for all, the OAG having handed down their Opinion only. And the Driving Test Centre on Phuket. Um, other than those two, just off the top of my head, yep, agree, all as bent as fck. Weird ermm.gif

Edited by dageurreotype