Anyone can comment 3BB VDSL Internet?

gessi2000

Is anybody using 50/10 with Netflix 4k

my friend tried this ,it didnt work as far as i can recall

i think they recommend a solid 25mbps to stream 4k and most of these cheap connections are erratic

especially during peak times .......does netflix have a mirror inside thailand or SEA ?

if its coming accros the ocean i doubt it would work anyways ,at least not all the time esp peak hrs

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it's quite unbelievable that no one has any 3BB VDSL test results to post... they are currently pushing a 50/10 VDSL package for just 700 baht a month !!!

Most people who want/need Internet are already in a 12 month contract.... I would guess even if the speed is good now, it will be greatly reduced after a couple of months of advertising....

it's quite unbelievable that no one has any 3BB VDSL test results to post... they are currently pushing a 50/10 VDSL package for just 700 baht a month !!!

Most people who want/need Internet are already in a 12 month contract.... I would guess even if the speed is good now, it will be greatly reduced after a couple of months of advertising....

Can anyone, either 3BB Fibre or 3BB VDSL, post the speedtest.net numbers to Germany here please?

Only takes a couple of minutes and you can click on the 'share' Image link after running the tests.

I would like to understand what connection limits are applied to which hardware (fibre channel or copper ADSL/VDSL)

Someone browsed through the related 3BB thread?

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/906767-3bb-fibre-quietly-upgraded-to-100-mbps/

I am not up to repeat all the stuff from this thread.

Here I read some silly comments on ping times to Germany.

230 to 350 ms is absolutely realistic and has nothing to do with "minutes to load a website". Nonsense.

Ping time has no direct relation to bandwidth/download rates.

For private use it's mainly the online gamers who are affected by high ping times.

One poster wrote that Netflix can stream 4k and suggests a steady download rate of 25 MBit/s.

Sounds plausible but far from realistic in Thailand if stream comes from overseas.

For some real world numbers of download rates in Asia see:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/906767-3bb-fibre-quietly-upgraded-to-100-mbps/page-2#entry10592138 (see "average" numbers)

You won't be amused about this:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/906767-3bb-fibre-quietly-upgraded-to-100-mbps/page-2#entry10597473

Some numbers for a German server (not with 3BB):

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/906767-3bb-fibre-quietly-upgraded-to-100-mbps/page-2#entry10599143

Do the test to this German server ("Test starten") and post the results.

http://speedcheck.vodafone.de/

Edited by KhunBENQ

Stop b*tching about lower international speeds. They are giving better download and upload speeds for cheaper prices. How else they would convince people to go a higher speed (like 100/10) even though you don't really need it? They were giving 30/3 for 1200 baht <deleted>, now it is 100/10. No other isp can match their prices in Thailand at the moment. I was amazed by the AIS fibernet speeds and high uploads. However, 3BB offers even better now.

Plus, 3BB network has better pings to Europe thanks to better management in NOC.

300ms to Germany is very, very good. Down/Up rates also perfect.

these down/up rates to germany are miserable.

300ms? This is a luxury.

ping 250 ms to Germany is OK.

the bandwidth you said is "perfect" is in fact quite miserable by today's standards.

Stop b*tching about lower international speeds. They are giving better download and upload speeds for cheaper prices. How else they would convince people to go a higher speed (like 100/10) even though you don't really need it? They were giving 30/3 for 1200 baht <deleted>, now it is 100/10. No other isp can match their prices in Thailand at the moment. I was amazed by the AIS fibernet speeds and high uploads. However, 3BB offers even better now.

Plus, 3BB network has better pings to Europe thanks to better management in NOC.

I'm bitching about them lowering international bandwidth compared to an older, slower plan.

how can you say I don't need it?

my job is on the internet and I need at least 1mbit upload, the more the better.

Here I read some silly comments on ping times to Germany.

230 to 350 ms is absolutely realistic and has nothing to do with "minutes to load a website". Nonsense.

Ping time has no direct relation to bandwidth/download rates.

Of course it has something to do how fast a website loads because the first response time is measured in those ms. It's not much but from a technical view it matters because it adds to the overall load time of a website, including the slower domain resolving, which also takes longer to query the nameserver if it's outside of Thailand (e.g. Google's namserver 8.8.8.8) and get a response.

300ms to Germany is very, very good. Down/Up rates also perfect.

these down/up rates to germany are miserable.

300ms? This is a luxury.

ping 250 ms to Germany is OK.

the bandwidth you said is "perfect" is in fact quite miserable by today's standards.

250ms is luck, mostly it is even between 300-400. 400 seems to me to be the norm.

Nearly 0,77mbit upload rate to Germany? That is 100kbyte/s upload. Man, that is really good. Sure, all should be faster, better, cheaper - but still, it is a good value, not a bad one.

250ms is luck, mostly it is even between 300-400. 400 seems to me to be the norm.

Nearly 0,77mbit upload rate to Germany? That is 100kbyte/s upload. Man, that is really good. Sure, all should be faster, better, cheaper - but still, it is a good value, not a bad one.

my point is... my older plan, quoted as SLOWER than the new one, had MORE bandwidth, both up and down.

Before I "upgraded" I got solid 1.3 Mbit upload to Switzerland with it, sometimes even more, up to 1.5 Mbit. Now I get at most 0.8. Do you see the origin of my anger?

I spoke to a rep today about this and he gave me some weird info that conflicts what ive heard from other sources

1: VDSL cannot be installed on a true line so switching is "impossible" (but last week another rep wanted to switch me on the spot but i told him i forgot my id card )

2: VDSL cannot be installed above the 2nd floor (last rep said 5th floor easily can get max speed if within 1km from from base )

3:If there is already true in a building ,3bb are not allowed to install there (see number 1 )

4:fibre "doesnt work" over 3 stories higher than ground level .... (really ??? everyone who lives in high rises cant get it ?? )

5: i asked him is there any service i CAN get ..... he said YES ,but only Adsl at 18.8mbps which seemed to conflict the rest of his previous answers ........

i walked away from him more bewildered and confused than i was before ..........:)

I just ordered the 50/10 VDSL package for 700 baht monthly from 3BB... it will work in 3 days they said, "cannot guarantee speed"

I thought what the heck, it can't be worse than the 18/1.8 package.

I will post back when I get a connection.

Does anyone want to buy an almost brandnew (bought from JIB in March 2016, still under warranty), flawlessly working router ASUS N55U (one of the best for ADSL2+ and below) ?

I just ordered the 50/10 VDSL package for 700 baht monthly from 3BB... it will work in 3 days they said, "cannot guarantee speed"

Does anyone want to buy an almost brandnew (bought from JIB in March 2016, still under warranty), flawlessly working router ASUS N55U (one of the best for ADSL2+ and below) ?

Congratulations! Are any VDSL routers available from 3bb or do you buy one for yourself?

Where do you live and can you provide some numbers with international speed then as well?

(Sadly I can't use my Asus N12U router when switching to VDSL anymore as well... Nevermind I was thinking about getting the "Asus DSL-AC68U", in Thailand this one cost around 7200,--THB but in Germany where I currently reside it's only 5000,--THB...)

Congratulations! Are any VDSL routers available from 3bb or do you buy one for yourself?

Where do you live and can you provide some numbers with international speed then as well?

(Sadly I can't use my Asus N12U router when switching to VDSL anymore as well... Nevermind I was thinking about getting the "Asus DSL-AC68U", in Thailand this one cost around 7200,--THB but in Germany where I currently reside it's only 5000,--THB...)

3BB does provide a VDSL router, it's a huawei HG630 V2, but I don't even want to take the time to find out all of its shortcomings, so I will be getting the ASUS AC68U instead and give back the Huawei after I did preliminary tests.

You can be sure I will post the test results.

I live in Jomtien near Pattaya.

3BB does provide a VDSL router, it's a huawei HG630 V2, but I don't even want to take the time to find out all of its shortcomings, so I will be getting the ASUS AC68U instead and give back the Huawei after I did preliminary tests.

You can be sure I will post the test results.

I live in Jomtien near Pattaya.

Cool! Thanks a lot!

I also live in Jomtien (View Talay 5C) so your numbers would be very interesting.

I won't take the Huawei router at all as it's just cheap piece of crab... Will either buy same Asus as yours or bring a FritzBox 7490 from Germany which I love...

Let us know your numbers! I am jealous...

I spoke to a rep today about this and he gave me some weird info that conflicts what ive heard from other sources

1: VDSL cannot be installed on a true line so switching is "impossible" (but last week another rep wanted to switch me on the spot but i told him i forgot my id card )

2: VDSL cannot be installed above the 2nd floor (last rep said 5th floor easily can get max speed if within 1km from from base )

3:If there is already true in a building ,3bb are not allowed to install there (see number 1 )

4:fibre "doesnt work" over 3 stories higher than ground level .... (really ??? everyone who lives in high rises cant get it ?? )

5: i asked him is there any service i CAN get ..... he said YES ,but only Adsl at 18.8mbps which seemed to conflict the rest of his previous answers ........

i walked away from him more bewildered and confused than i was before ..........smile.png

1-

yeah, if the cabling is True's property, the line cannot be used for 3BB. If it's a phone line, you can use any provider you like.

2-

the floor story is bullsh*t. it depends on the signal quality, which is inversely proportional to the line length from base. just get it tested.

3-

some providers have contracts with condo management, coaxial TV cables and fiber optics are generally owned by the company that installed them. Phone lines are usually available for all unless specifically installed by a company as well.

4-

bullsh*t again. it all depends on line length from the node.

5-

first check with your condo management what type of cables go to your unit.

Coaxial / Fiber / telephone line

Coaxial -> internet through TV cable by your cable TV provider

Fiber -> fiber optics internet from the company that installed fiber

phone line -> any company can provide ADSL or VDSL (depending on line quality) service unless restricted by cantract made with condo management

Edited by manarak

Had 3bb installed in my house on 1st April, VDSL 30/5.

Had no connection yesterday, 4th April.

Called them to fix it but say it's night, their technician can only work from 8-5. Good Job 3bb..

But their speed was good though.. Once they bring the line back up, will share the speedtest result..

Had 3bb installed in my house on 1st April, VDSL 30/5.

Had no connection yesterday, 4th April.

Called them to fix it but say it's night, their technician can only work from 8-5. Good Job 3bb..

But their speed was good though.. Once they bring the line back up, will share the speedtest result..

what price is that package ?

i went yesterday and thery said they only have 20/4 and 50/10 on vdsl

i signed up and theyre installing on the 18th because there is no vdsls modems left

(couldnt get 50/10.....they said my distance from base can only get 20/4 unfortunately ) :(

small update:

Although the shop promised the VDSL would start working yesterday, still nothing today.

I called the callcenter, apparently, the line has not been switched from ADSL to VDSL yet.

Got a promise that they will do it urgently.

Let's see what will happen tomorrow.

beware the new 18/1.8 3BB package.

it has less international bandwidth than the old package,

about 30 to 40% less download and upload than the old 15 / 1.5 plan.

from EU servers I now max out at 8 down and 0.8 up, my old plan had 11 down and 1.4 up

I moved to the new 18 MB package

Here is what I get now on Pattaya - France :

5237123581.png

wink.png

BTW, no 3BB VDSL available in my condo sad.png

small update:

Although the shop promised the VDSL would start working yesterday, still nothing today.

I called the callcenter, apparently, the line has not been switched from ADSL to VDSL yet.

Where do you stay in Thailand?

They told me at 3bb branch on Thepprasit road, Pattaya, that VDSL would be available in my Condo@View Talay 5C in Jomtien but they currently do not have any VDSL routers available sad.png

Nevertheless I will go with my own router either using:

Edited by gessi2000

small update:

Where do you stay in Thailand?

They told me at 3bb branch on Thepprasit road, Pattaya, that VDSL would be available in my Condo@View Talay 5C in Jomtien but they currently do not have any VDSL routers available sad.png

Nevertheless I will go with my own router either using:

I go to the same branch as you :-) you can then have my VDSL router as soon as my VDSL is up ! 555

from EU servers I now max out at 8 down and 0.8 up, my old plan had 11 down and 1.4 up

5237123581.png

wink.png

How much do you pay for this package?

5237123581.png

wink.png

and that's what the outstanding 3BB 18/1.8 provides me with for that server:

5237271552.png

it has less international bandwidth than the old package, about 30 to 40% less download and upload than the old 15 / 1.5 plan.

from EU servers I now max out at 8 down and 0.8 up, my old plan had 11 down and 1.4 up - I can test it in realtime, as both of my plans are still active.

anyone using 3BB VDSL plan 30/5 please post test results to servers in Europe.

I am currently battling with 3BB to get my old plan back, "no can do" they say.

I feel cheated because they don't advertise that the new plan has 40% less international bandwidth.

If that is so, i feel cheated too. If they would said to me, the new plan is not suitable for intl. bandwith, i would say, no thanks. So we shot in our own foot. Based on that mess by 3bb.

I look forward to your vdsl experience.

Good luck mate.

And here my result to the same server in France on the same plan;

5237293784.png

Edited by alocacoc