3BB fibre quietly upgraded to 100 mbps?

roly

Hi all,

doing various speed tests today, I've noticed that my Internet (I'm on a 50/10 Mbps fibre plan with 3BB) is now consistently reaching speeds of almost 100 Mbps downlink and 35 Mbps or more uplink, whereas previously it never exceeded the 50/10 I'm paying for. I wondered if 3BB has quietly upgraded me, as I've also noticed on their website they're offering 100 Mbps to new customers.

Anyone else experienced the same? There's only one way to know I guess, which is to call them.

:-)

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

looking now at their website they offer 100-10 for 1200 thb so i guess Yes. I think they Upgrade anyone that have the 1200 thb pakage.

I also see just now that there are new promotion for VDSL 50 mb / 10 mb at 700 thb

at the moment i pay 900 thb for 15/1 i think i will ask them if is possibile to change.

Last time when they bring the speed frome 13/1 to 15/1 the upgrade me automatic. This time No. Maybe becose is VDSL and need another type of router?

Anybody know this ?

Edited by marino28

looking now at their website they offer 100-10 for 1200 thb so i guess Yes. I think they Upgrade anyone that have the 1200 thb pakage.

I also see just now that there are new promotion for VDSL 50 mb / 10 mb at 700 thb

at the moment i pay 900 thb for 15/1 i think i will ask them if is possibile to change.

Last time when they bring the speed frome 13/1 to 15/1 the upgrade me automatic. This time No. Maybe becose is VDSL and need another type of router?

Anybody know this ?

Those are Fiber offers. My 30/3 (1,200b) has gone to 100/10 (94.66 down/ 11.13 up) that's to BKK. To Hong Kong I'm getting 58.24 down/ 11.27 up.. Funny enough though the 30/3 seemed stabler, not as peaky. So I may actually go down to the cheaper 50/10. We shall see.

Please post the response from 3BB - I'd be interested to know if it's possible to change.

I think they all do it....

No use acquiring new customers if the existing ones are jumping ship

As far as I can recall, true upgraded me from 10mb to 15mb for free too...

Crikey what's happening ?? My FTTx went from 30 to 50 around the end of last week and their website said just that. After reading this thread, sure enough it's now gone up to 100 and their website now reflects this change. Good stuff - let's hope it's not an early April fool !!

Currently paying 2,500 a month, so I'll pop to their shop this week and see if my upgraded speed shouldn't be even higher e.g 200 Mbps if customers are now only paying 1,250 for 100. Will report back when I find out more

Crikey what's happening ?? My FTTx went from 30 to 50 around the end of last week and their website said just that. After reading this thread, sure enough it's now gone up to 100 and their website now reflects this change. Good stuff - let's hope it's not an early April fool !!

Looking at their website, it seems that they are now only offering a single 100/10 FTTx package, rather than the 3 or 4 previously on offer. Wonder what the people who were paying for the faster packages are doing now?

Looking at their website, it seems that they are now only offering a single 100/10 FTTx package, rather than the 3 or 4 previously on offer. Wonder what the people who were paying for the faster packages are doing now?
probably paying less!

Way cool. I didn't know this, nor have I requested it. I just tested mine and instead of the usual 25-28 MBS download speed and 1-3 upload I'm presently getting 60.28 down and 8.4 up.

Are you getting better?

Edited by HerbalEd

Way cool. I didn't know this, nor have I requested it. I just tested mine and instead of the usual 25-28 MBS download speed and 1-3 upload I'm presently getting 60.28 down and 8.4 up.

Are you getting better?

I just tested mine at 99 down and 13 up... awesome...

Hi is this only for people who have fiber as I have adsl from them and on the 30mb/3mb package and still getting the same speed of around 27mb, they seem to be doing a new package for 50/10 for 700. Baht which is cheaper than I currently pay 1284 so I am going to find out if they can upgrade me and drop my monthly cost to 700 baht if they refuse I will just cancel and rejoin them again

Hi is this only for people who have fiber as I have adsl from them and on the 30mb/3mb package and still getting the same speed of around 27mb, they seem to be doing a new package for 50/10 for 700. Baht which is cheaper than I currently pay 1284 so I am going to find out if they can upgrade me and drop my monthly cost to 700 baht if they refuse I will just cancel and rejoin them again

ข่าวดี !! ลูกค้า 3BB ท่องเน็ตได้เร็วขึ้น ใน ราคาเดิม

They sent out a no-reply email (above -- no English) a few days ago announcing their upgrade. It says "Good news!! 3BB customers can surf the net even faster at the original price." The email was sent out on 25 March.

Super bad timing for me. I just changed to True!!! Curses!

I would be really happy if I ever even got half of what I pay for from 3BB.

Tested with testmy.net

attachicon.gif30up 3 down ADSL pack from 3BB.jpg

The first real world numbers I see in this thread tongue.png

WOW my download 798.28 upload 12.24 ( ookla speedtest)

kBit/s ? biggrin.png

Absurd faked numbers (not by you).

And don't tell your device is on WiFi (wireless) cheesy.gif

729 MBit/s is even hard to reach on a Gigabit ethernet cable and would require a real fast router.

Approx. 90 MByte/s, faster than most hard-disks can write.

Seems like the Thai marketing geniuses have started the final battle.

I suggest you read the fineprint on the 3BB website for this 100 MBit offer.

Edited by KhunBENQ

Tested with testmy.net

kBit/s ? biggrin.png

729 MBit/s is even hard to reach on a Gigabit ethernet cable and would require a real fast router.

change it to mb and its only 79.8 /12

less than some people are getting on the 100mb fibre package

i think its believevable ..........

Tested with testmy.net

kBit/s ? biggrin.png

I am getting 95.7 (sometimes over 100) Mbps of course that is not 95 MB p/s but it still the advertised speed and that for a USA based newsgroup server (astraweb)

speed.png

ข่าวดี !! ลูกค้า 3BB ท่องเน็ตได้เร็วขึ้น ใน ราคาเดิม

They sent out a no-reply email (above -- no English) a few days ago announcing their upgrade. It says "Good news!! 3BB customers can surf the net even faster at the original price." The email was sent out on 25 March.

Super bad timing for me. I just changed to True!!! Curses!

I received that information as well. However speed remains unchanged, I am on the basic package 10/1 MB which is now supposed to be 18/1.8 MB. I sent them an email inquiring whether I would also be able to enjoy this upgrade a couple of days ago, no reply as of yet....

good afternoon some news re 3 BB upgrade recently

well I have been using 50 MB by 10 MB for 11 months cost 2,675 per month I added a snip of my speed now at the end of the text so last night called the center and after a lot of chat decided best to visit the office where I live so chiangrai office visited at 9 am this morning the process took less that 10 minutes and no problem I now have a new contract for 100 MB by 10 Mb costs will be at 1,284 per month which includes the vat as my contract is up in may 2016.

I will pay my present fee for April & May at my present fee cost's.

Then they will charge me the new rates and so I have been told it will mean I start with having paid advance of 5,350 as of the last two payments of my years contract April's & May's due monthly dates they in turn will deduct 1,284 each of my present contracted 2 months then the next month will show paid for June leaving just 1,070 to add to the 214 remaining from my advance for July . my august bill will the be 1,284 on wards till my new contract ends in March 2017.

post-256952-0-65051300-1459417486_thumb.

3BB 30meg at 1284Baht

Speedtest.net = 112Mbps down and 12Mbps up

Testmy.net = 9.3Mbps down and 6.8Mbps up

Speedtest is to/from Bangkok

Testmy is to/from ???

Who do we believe?

My last visit to the UK I used a 20meg link and it was way faster than this [alleged] 100Mbps FO from 3BB.

There is far more to this than most of us can [are allowed to] understand. Two days ago my lovely couldn't get a good WiFi connection on the upstairs balcony. At that time I had no problem at ground level. She called 1530 and within minutes had a much stronger WiFi signal. Could someone explain to me how that could happen. Genuine question.

3BB 30meg at 1284Baht

Speedtest.net = 112Mbps down and 12Mbps up

Testmy.net = 9.3Mbps down and 6.8Mbps up

Speedtest is to/from Bangkok

Testmy is to/from ???

Who do we believe?

My last visit to the UK I used a 20meg link and it was way faster than this [alleged] 100Mbps FO from 3BB.

There is far more to this than most of us can [are allowed to] understand. Two days ago my lovely couldn't get a good WiFi connection on the upstairs balcony. At that time I had no problem at ground level. She called 1530 and within minutes had a much stronger WiFi signal. Could someone explain to me how that could happen. Genuine question.

testmy.. Is set at HK I believe.. You can change it.. No BKK though!