Favourite Restaraunt in Jomtien Complex

Seizetheday

After continued bad service from my x favourite, once being short changed and twice having my order forgotten in the last 3 months I'm on the hunt for another.

I eat to live, not live to eat, so nothing too fancy.

Thanks

I hate walking thru that complex.

I don't like it either and I'm gay.

But I'm kind of amused if straight men don't like it because they're assumed to be gay by the sex workers.

A taste of what gay men experience in almost all of the rest of the world! giggle.gif

I hate walking thru that complex.

I don't like it either and I'm gay.

But I'm kind of amused if straight men don't like it because they're assumed to be gay by the sex workers.

A taste of what gay men experience in almost all of the rest of the world! giggle.gif

Not realy thought of that because i have walked thru maybe 4 times in 10 years. I find the area dull, dirty, dingy and looks abandoned, a real sordid place.

I like the Pig and Whistle nearby on Thepparasit, especially the full English breakfast all day - it's amazing, as are the sausage and mash and the puds. Also has sports TV air/con and v good service - v popular.

Try News on Thappraya under Gians. Has its own carpark, steaks are pretty good, menu is a little bit boring but OK, has lunchtime special set menus. Pricing is about what you'd expect.

There is a world outside of Jomtien Complex. Have you considered trying it? Or do you only want suggestions in that area?

I don't bat for the other side!!! I just find it easy to park and walk over.

You must park outside Lynda's then , why not eat there , very good food !

There is a world outside of Jomtien Complex. Have you considered trying it? Or do you only want suggestions in that area?

I don't bat for the other side!!! I just find it easy to park and walk over.

Never suggested you did sir...............its just the way you walk gigglem.gif

Any food is ok, probably not Russian!!

Sit yourself down outside the Fantasy Bar (straight and long established bar with cheap drinks) and order whatever you want from the foodcarts that pass by............sorted thumbsup.gif

Not realy thought of that because i have walked thru maybe 4 times in 10 years. I find the area dull, dirty, dingy and looks abandoned, a real sordid place.

Bernard,read my previous post and try the Fantasy Bar for yourself 50 baht for beer or wine............popular place,and some nice ladies thumbsup.gif

Thanks guys, lot's of suggestions, and a thread that didn't degeneratate into a big flame!!

I first went into the Jomtien Complex 8 years ago when I stayed nearby (my first ever trip to LOS) one afternoon just out of curiosity and it was a mess.......half empty and in need of a total refurb,but I found the Fantasy Bar and next door the 2 Donna bar,my first taste of thai beer was Archa in here and just 40 baht for a big bottle in the Fantasy Bar,I spent the rest of my week in Jomtien trying other bars but always ended back there somehow.I rarely go now but the complex has improved quite a lot in as much as many more bars/restaurants have opened up (OK catering to the gay crowd).............I rode through the other afternoon after going to Immigration and I saw the owner of the Fantasy Bar has it up for sale-30 million baht I believe-he,s been there a long time and its still a good cheap bar with an array of drinks on display inside that must be worth a fortune in themselves.Happy days thumbsup.gif and yes sometimes I would get a knowing smile/nod or even a whistle from some of the "pretty boys" sat outside the gay bars.............gave me a laugh though cheesy.gif

Edited by petermik