Complaint to Thai Lion Air about a Thai Lion Air flight attendant overly protective behaviour

ALFREDO

Complaint,
to whom it may concern regarding a flight attendant on the flight SL 609 on 29.3. from Udon Thani to Bangkok
Dear Ladies and Sirs
Today, just now, my son Techapat, said, seeing a photo of Thai Lion Air on my Laptop screen,
"NO! not fly Lion Air, fly AIR ASIA, do not like Lion Air!"
The reason =
I flew to Bangkok and on with Taxi to Pattaya, instead of going by car, to have a nice flight experience with my 3 boys, I even took not the cheapest available night flight, to have a daytime few.
That was disturbed, by a over protective flight attendant,
(name removed by Moderator)
I had checked IN Online to get good seats on window for my boys.
I set one boy, my 12 year old to the window with me on 35 F
and was myself sitting on 35 E,
my oldest boy on that trip my 14 year old was sitting on 34 F and
my youngest on that trip my 8 year young sitting next to him on 34 E, in front of me.
So I had a good eye on their behaviour and could, also from behind,
help in case of any disturbance or problem.
The flight was nearly full booked, so a very tall Japanese? with blond-green? hair was sitting next to my young son in 34 D.
And I had an middle aged Thai sitting next to me on 35 D.
Flight attendant (name removed by Moderator), approached our rows 34 and 35 and asked who was with the children, me I said
and then she asked where the mother would be.
I answered at home, actually there are 2 mothers for these 3 boys of mine.
After that, she asked for our language abilities
and then ordered my 8 year old son and the tall and blond-green haired Japanese to switch their sitting.
And, as far as I understood told him to give assistance to my boys in case of emergency - CABINE PRESSURE DROP.
That was all, when the plane was already moving to the runway to start, so I had limited chance to intervene.
My now lonely, on the aisle sitting son was the one who wanted to sit at the window,
but the full flight and the fast boarding, made it that my 14-year-old was sitting there.
So he was now more sorry and shocked.
Did your flight attendant not think, that I should be asked first before she made her move?
I believe my 14 year old and me are capable enough and better to help out anything, then a complete stranger!
After the -Fasten seat belt- sign was switched off, after the start,
I immediately, asked the man sitting near me on 35 D to change seat to 34 D
and took my 8 year son on my seat to 35 E and I changed to 35 D.

So I had now my boys in a row with me and my oldest one with 14 on a window seat and a adult beside him too.
That solution would be in the first place what your flight attendant should have done,
if she overly protective wanted to fulfil her safety duties,
but same time please nearly everybody from my group!
And she should have asked me first before she took action, my 14 year old is a good grown up boy who is capable enough to help his brother and himself.
He is in a boarding school 100 km from his home and only every month coming home for a weekend. He is independent for his age.
Kind regards
Alfred Hoeld
Edited by metisdead
defamation and privacy

If there are 4 people traveling and the seats in the plane are in rows of 3. You are never going to all be sat together. Seems like the cabin crew were just doing their jobs regarding safety. You don't really have much of a complaint to be honest.

If there are 4 people traveling and the seats in the plane are in rows of 3. You are never going to all be sat together. Seems like the cabin crew were just doing their jobs regarding safety. You don't really have much of a complaint to be honest.

Did you read, I choose my seats during ONLINE check in myself.

===I had checked IN Online to get good seats on window for my boys.
I set one boy, my 12 year old to the window with me on 35 F
and was myself sitting on 35 E,
my oldest boy on that trip my 14 year old was sitting on 34 F and
my youngest on that trip my 8 year young sitting next to him on 34 E, in front of me.
So I had a good eye on their behaviour and could, also from behind,
help in case of any disturbance or problem.===

and until now in 26 years of flying with children and in 52 years of flying myself, my children or I, had never been moved from any flight attendant.

A 14 year young is capable of helping his 8 year young brother and I was sitting behind my 8 year young!

Should be good enough! Was it until now, fly often with even smaller children in the past and even alone in a row, next to the window, nobody spoke a word!

My children want sit together not with a big tall Japanese with blond green hair between them!

How many time you read or heard, a child died on board a flight during a cabin pressure failure? lol

Me never ever!

You like to be more papal than the Pope, good. But I hate that behaviour.

I sent the mail to Thai Lion Air.

Ting Tong!

coffee1.gif

Edited by ALFREDO

You should have drafted the complaint email, saved it as a draft, then re-read the next morning.

If it were me, I wouldn't have sent it at all, but certainly not as it reads above.

You haven't identified a rectifiable issue, so there is no solution. You are just venting, and thus, are not likely to receive a response or, at best, a generic one.

This cabin attendant did the right thing. Her job is to ensure the safety of all passengers. Understanding and acting on safety instructions are part of that.

Thai Lion Air have gone up in my estimation if this is the way they train their cabin staff.

Why you make this post if you can not stand the answer CNXBKKMAN gave you.

Seems to me that the stewardess was just following protocol.

Thai people do as they are told and learned , don't think they will come with another solution then what is in their book.

Next time take the car again please.

Not tell me what to do. Just do what you told from others to do, for no real reason,

that is your style, not mine.

To ask me to take a trip of 1.500 km on Thai roads which has the second highest or highest death rate in traffic in the world instead of flying, shows how ignorant you are in real security measures. blink.png lol

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_traffic-related_death_rate

"don't think they will come with another solution then what is in their book."

Nobody questioned later my solution, I was sitting on the aisle, same the Japanese before and my two sons had been sitting next to me on the right, me not in the middle! tongue.png

Edited by ALFREDO

OMG there are people dying of starvation in Africa and bombs going off in Europe. Take a chill pill and stop complaining about nothing !

I hope you go there soon, fast, to Africa and to Europe and help against the Bombs.

And not loose your precious time to write to something what does not interest you at all.

So please go out in the world and use your time more wisely,

than to complain about unnecessary complaints. lol coffee1.gif

You should have drafted the complaint email, saved it as a draft, then re-read the next morning.

If it were me, I wouldn't have sent it at all, but certainly not as it reads above.

You haven't identified a rectifiable issue, so there is no solution. You are just venting, and thus, are not likely to receive a response or, at best, a generic one.

A made my point of view clear on board already with my loud voice too,

as soon as I could take action and changed the seating positions to my style again.

Family together not ripped apart!

After the fasten your seat belt sign went off.

The stewardess checked than my boarding passes, but as they had been correct in line with the seating,

she wanted to explain that she meant good and I said I understood but have my own ideas. tongue.png

I not care much if I get a response or which one, I have to let my steam out! smile.png

as soon as I could take action and changed the seating positions to my style again.

The stewardess checked than my boarding passes, but as they had been correct in line with the seating,

she wanted to explain that she meant good and I said I understood but have my own ideas. tongue.png

I not care much if I get a response or which one, I have to let my steam out! smile.png

I understand now.

At our last trip to Los Angeles, Cathay Pacific upgraded me to business class at Hong Kong, but not my wife, so I must decline. They return 5 minutes later and said ok, your wife is upgraded too. clap2.gif

I understand now.

At our last trip to Los Angeles, Cathay Pacific upgraded me to business class at Hong Kong, but not my wife, so I must decline. They return 5 minutes later and said ok, your wife is upgraded too. clap2.gif

I thought,

as a real Gentleman, you had offered the Business Class upgrade instead to your wife and sent her in the front or upstairs. tongue.pngthumbsup.gif

I understand now.

I thought,

as a real Gentleman, you had offered the Business Class upgrade instead to your wife and sent her in the front or upstairs. tongue.pngthumbsup.gif

She is too much a a gentle lady to accept that, and leave her gentleman husband, who had also decline for same reason. wub.png

I understand now.

I thought,

She is too much a a gentle lady to accept that, and leave her gentleman husband, who had also decline for same reason. wub.png

i would have just taken shifts. Have a good rest then rotate.

Anyone got a seating plan of this plane? I'm confused.

On Row 30 D and E Thai Lion, kind of jump seats, Thai Lion ground staff, checked in a Falang couple,

the guy, the possibly biggest man on that flight sitting on 30 F, same a monkey in a to small cage, his legs sideways.

I had to laugh when I passed by and said to them, -That seat must have been a lot cheaper!-tongue.png

They smiled back and denied that they had cheaper seats. wink.png Had to start the flight like that, but during the flight the flight attendants found them different seats. smile.png

http://www.seatplans.com/airlines/lion-airlines/739

LionAir_B737-900ER.jpg

Edited by ALFREDO

@alfredo

If you want a good flight experience then don't fly the lowest cost airline. Having said that, I think that what they provided you was actually quite good. They tried to make sure you kids were safe. Whether or not it was to your liking, they tried to do the best thing which says a lot in my opinion.

Terrible situation, absolutely awful, go right to the top.

How far do Lion Air fly, anyway?

BIG Thai Visa Forum -uptheos-

Your post is more likely cynical, sorry that, but however and what most are writing here, that security aspect,

that the stranger, the tall young Japenese singing man? DJ? has to be more skillful and careful,

than my 14-year-old son to his 8-year-old brother is unproven.

That all was not worth a discussion.

My sons and me could help ourselves in case of problem and how many time you have drop of cabin pressure and did you ever hear of a death of a child because nobody gave a breathing mask to that child in case of cabin pressure problem?

My 8-year young son, was sorry about that incident and happy I took him to me as fast as I could.

I do not like when somebody makes a child of mine sorry, for NO reason and for me there was NO reason!bah.gifsmile.png

It the rule says "a person over X years of age or older should be seating next to a minor" (X probably being 18 or 21) like I think there could well be, being a little bit knowledgeable about commercial aviation things, then this flight attendant has just done her job and you have absolutely no right to complain. It's a good thing that you did not attempt to interfere with her applying the procedure, because that could well have ended up with you and your sons being offloaded from the plane.

She had a perfectly good reason to do this, and you are perfectly allowed to use another means of transportation if you don't agree with the safety rules. Sorry.

Edited by Lannig

@alfredo

If you want a good flight experience then don't fly the lowest cost airline. Having said that, I think that what they provided you was actually quite good. They tried to make sure you kids were safe. Whether or not it was to your liking, they tried to do the best thing which says a lot in my opinion.

I am longer in TH since Tha Air Asia started operating, until now, no problem at all.

The flight attendant should have asked me, if I think that my 14-year young son is more capable to help himself and his 8-year young brother, or if I trusted more the Japanese stranger.blink.png

Do they have an age limit, do not trust 14 years old, but 15 years old?

On the other hand, my second seating solution was better for us as a family

and was not challenged by the flight attendants.

I moved the man near me a row in the front took him seat and placed my young 8 year boy next to me!

Fine and better.

= I was sitting on the aisle and my 2 boys 8 and 11 were sitting in same row right-hand side from me.

If that was good enough why she was then placing a complete stranger between my boys and let the smallest sitting outside and more away from me, us?

That is not right = "Whether or not it was to your liking"

My son did not like it at all, was sorry looking and nearly to tears, glanced sorry, passing by the tall Japanese to see something from the start 2 seats away.

I am my son's protector and in that way I had to act!

Sitting with me again, I could feel how thankful he was, his father stood up for him and acted. smile.png

Edited by ALFREDO

@alfredo

I am longer in TH since Tha Air Asia started operating, until now, no problem at all.

The flight attendant should have asked me, if I think that my 14-year young son is more capable to help himself and his 8-year young brother, or if I trusted more the Japanese stranger.blink.png

Do they have an age limit, do not trust 14 years old, but 15 years old?

On the other hand, my second seating solution was better for us as a family

and was not challenged by the flight attendants.

I moved the man near me a row in the front took him seat and placed my youn boy next to me!

Fine and better.

= I was sitting on the aisle and my 2 boys 8 and 11 were sitting in same row right-hand side from me.

If that was good enough why she was then placing a complete stranger between my boys and let the smallest sitting outside and more away from me, us?

Here is the question that you have to ask yourself. We're her intentions good or bad? I think it would be hard to make an argument the she had bad intentions.

You stated how many years you have been flying with or without kids with you. If you really flew a LOT globally then I doubt you would consider this to be such a bad experience.

It the rule says "a person over X years of age or older should be seating next to a minor" (X probably being 18 or 21) like I think there could well be, being a little bit knowledgeable about commercial aviation things, then this flight attendant has just done her job and you have absolutely no right to complain. It's a good thing that you did not attempt to interfere with her applying the procedure, because that could well have ended up with you and your sons being offloaded from the plane.

She had a perfectly good reason to do this, and you are perfectly allowed to use another means of transportation if you don't agree with the safety rules. Sorry.

You have a LINK? To Thai Lion Air?

http://www.caa.co.uk/Passengers/On-board/Seating-allocation/

"Young children and infants who are accompanied by adults, should ideally be seated in the same seat row as the adult.

Children and accompanying adults should not be separated by more than one aisle.

Where this is not possible, children should be separated by no more than one seat row from accompanying adults.

This is because the speed of an emergency evacuation may be affected by adults trying to reach their children.."

I was inside these regulations!

I think a 14-year-old is good enough to help himself and his 8-year young brother

and I was sitting behind my 8 year young.

After that change of seating my 14-year-old was away of his brother and I was not sitting behind my son.

So I had to trust a Japanese young tall stranger what he would do or not do on any case?

Ting Tong regulations if they are like that with Thai Lion Air.

Here is the question that you have to ask yourself.
We're her intentions good or bad?
I think it would be hard to make an argument the she had bad intentions.

You stated how many years you have been flying with or without kids with you. If you really flew a LOT globally then I doubt you would consider this to be such a bad experience.

"We're her intentions good or bad?"

I made after the start during the flight another seat change which pleased all of us more and that was accepted from the flight attendant, so why she not choose that more soft approach in the first place? Possibly asked for my opinion?

No good experience for my son,

so no good for me too and anyway, completely avoidable, completely unnecessary, that seat changing!

smile.png

"If you really flew a LOT globally then I doubt you would consider this to be such a bad experience."

You doubt my writing? tongue.png

Anyway,

I am no sheep! I have my opinion and that conflict was unnecessary, as was the seat changing,

I flew in that way many times and with smaller children when they younger in 2 rows, so they have 2 or more window seats, never a problem!

That time overly protective woman. That is all! coffee1.gif

My flights and trips

http://map1.maploco.com/visited-countries/mine.php?c1=mfm045t7uo-bukqkb3rb7-gmyehxmmu0-bv5v1proao-46ctyaydq8

Here is the question that you have to ask yourself. We're her intentions good or bad?

I think it would be hard to make an argument the she had bad intentions.

"We're her intentions good or bad?"

I made after the start during the flight another seat change which pleased all of us more and that was accepted from the flight attendant, so why she not choose that more soft approach in the first place? Possibly asked for my opinion?

No good experience for my son,

so no good for me too and anyway, completely avoidable, completely unnecessary, that seat changing!

smile.png

"If you really flew a LOT globally then I doubt you would consider this to be such a bad experience."

You doubt my writing? tongue.png

Anyway,

I am no sheep! I have my opinion and that conflict was unnecessary, as was the seat changing,

I flew in that way many times and with smaller children when they younger in 2 rows, so they have 2 or more window seats, never a problem!

That time overly protective woman. That is all! coffee1.gif

My flights and trips

http://map1.maploco.com/visited-countries/mine.php?c1=mfm045t7uo-bukqkb3rb7-gmyehxmmu0-bv5v1proao-46ctyaydq8

You didn't answer the most important question. Do you think she had bad intentions? A simple yes or no will suffice.

Personally, your kids are your responsibility, in case of an emergency I wouldn't be tending to your children. I also think the flight attendant was acting in the best interest of all the people on the plane and put the kids in the aisle seat so they wouldn't disturb the Jap guy when they got up all the rime.

i'm guessing your next complaint will be about the English teaching at your son's school and you'd have a valid complaint as your son is unable to use personal pronouns and auxiliary verbs. i hope you're not paying too much for such shoddy education.