Culture Ministry unveils 'Better Driving through Thainess' campaign

webfact

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep that'll work a treat...

How about get a driving license...

Make sure your lights (esp rear light...the one that's supposed to be RED..) works...

Maybe consider stopping at traffic lights...

Use the mirrors... before you do a manoever... Other Than to see if you got away with it...

Maybe maintain the vehicle...

Limit bike passengers to one...

Enforce the laws... Rather than gather cash...

But then...

Well it wouldn't be Thailand...

And just like "back home"...

So **** it ... Let a few thousand "innocents" continue dying every year...

How about driving and keeping to the Road traffic Act, NOW that would bve a start, those on ropundabouts have right of way , whenh turning indicate, whenh stopping indicate and when doing something really silly like driving the wrong way against the traffic fined 10,000 baht.

Apply same laws to Govt and police vehicles we might just see a change. HOPEFULLY, Thainess is all about me me me me me . !!

Better Driving Through 'Thainess'. Really. Guess we should expect a spike in utterly insane driving. That's 'Thainess' behind the wheel. Put police behind the wheel of patrol cars and pull insane drivers over.

Yep that'll work a treat...

How about get a driving license...

Make sure your lights (esp rear light...the one that's supposed to be RED..) works...

Maybe consider stopping at traffic lights...

Use the mirrors... before you do a manoever... Other Than to see if you got away with it...

Maybe maintain the vehicle...

Limit bike passengers to one...

Enforce the laws... Rather than gather cash...

But then...

Well it wouldn't be Thailand...

And just like "back home"...

So **** it ... Let a few thousand "innocents" continue dying every year...

U left out indicator signals , where one I knew placed her hand bag on the lever.

Meanwhile back on planet Earth......

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-north-east-orkney-shetland-35912945

and before anyone says Nanny State in the UK.... wise up - you have to start drawing a line in the sand with this driving madness here in LoS. I just witnessed 3 Thai youths and a western youth on skateboards being towed behind a motorbike up Thrappaya road in Jomtien in rush hour trafic - they were holding onto one another by the hands......strewth.

Like already said - you can't make this up...

Oh come on people, this guy is trying the kind way to improve the dangerous highways in Thailand. But it's about the same logic as talking kindness and understanding with ISIS at one their mass executions. The Thai police got to get off their lazy asses and get tough on traffic law enforcement. Seems like they only show up after there's been an accident. Where I reside here Highway 11 goes through and there are frontage roads on each side. Those frontage roads should have a speed limit no more than 40KPH, oh no those morons act like its the highway and blast through there going way over that. Police should post that at 40 use a radar gun and make more money then they'd know what to do with.

He's just a muppet trying to justify his own existence. Intent is completely irrelevant by the way - only effects matter. Guess what will be the effect of this?

'... the campaign will seek to create value in proper and courteous driving and will include passing out recognition and stickers to exemplary drivers.' Well, no point in wasting money on overprinting, then.

'The 600 drivers undergoing initial training have also been invited to a midnight prayer on April 12 to symbolize the beginning of their new driving habits.' Usual reliance on luck, with a large dose of superstition. And there will be another on the 13th to symbolise the end ... or the non-beginning.

'... the campaign will seek to create value in proper and courteous driving and will include passing out recognition and stickers to exemplary drivers.' Well, no point in wasting money on overprinting, then.

'The 600 drivers undergoing initial training have also been invited to a midnight prayer on April 12 to symbolize the beginning of their new driving habits.' Usual reliance on luck, with a large dose of superstition. And there will be another on the 13th to symbolise the end ... or the non-beginning.

I am SOOOOO glad I moved back to Thailand. You can't get this kind of entertainment anywhere else in the world!!!

But the actual April Fool story might be a bit of an anti-climax....

Yeah this April 1st, it will be hard to come up with anything better than this.

Last time I drove back from Bangkok to Khon Kaen I witnessed 3 tail end shunts between the Big Mango and Saraburi. One involving 5 cars. OF course once the holdup cleared everyone was back riding on the arse of the car in front. Leaving a safe stopping distance with the car in front is a waste of time as there'll always be some knobend squeezing into the gap. Sadly I fear any road safety campaign is an exercise in futility.

Oh come on people . . .

. . . Intent is completely irrelevant by the way - only effects matter. Guess what will be the effect of this?

I intend on growing more hair on my head. Results should be just about the same.

Don't Thais already drive with Thainess as in the ' Me, Me ' attitude ? Examples,

Me always first at lights, junctions, parking, road position etc.

Me have bigger car so me definitely first.

Me important person, nothing more needs to be said about that.

The list is endless.