Changing employer. What do I need to know about WP?

Hi all.

I've recently accepted a new position at a different firm. I understand there's not a lot of margin for error re official effective resignation dates etc. what do I need to know going into the meeting with hr Monday in terms of when my resignation should be effective? My new employer is obviously sponsoring my new wp and I'd like to try and do this without having to leave the country.

Many thanks in advance,

OB

Your new employer will need to apply for your new work permit and get a work permit application approval letter.

On or shortly before the effective date of your resignation you will need to apply for a new extension of stay with documents from your new employer and the application approval letter when your current extension is cancelled.

And just a 'heads up' to keep in mind that your old WP, at some stage, has to be officially cancelled and returned. There are cases, I've seen it happen before with my old company where the Labor ministry won't issue a new WP until it has proof that the old WP has been officially cancelled. Maybe discuss this with old and new employers at an opportune time so that you get 'all your ducks in a row'.